Double Rainboom

Imada

Oh goodie, there is a thread for this! I must say, I've been looking forward to this particular project for a good while now. I've seen a good deal of former animations done by some of the people involved, so I must say I have high hopes for this. Certainly replicates the anticipation I usually have for the episodes, anyways.

Wouldn't it be neat if hasbro hired zach rich onto it's team? I know, I know, it's as unlikely as Applejack or RD leaving their friends for some shiny trinkets, but still... Wouldn't it be cool? I'm hoping the story behind it is well written. Oh, what if HUB did a special showing for it? That'd be too rich. Lol.

Welllllllllll.........

There is pony.mov, but only watch it if your over 18. Spike smokes .....

I think Spike smoking is probably the least of the adult situations found in those toons. :-|

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the Artist's deviantart page via http://my.deviantart.com/art/Double-Rainboom-Release-Time-Changed-Other-Stuff-362059010

"Hey you! Yeah, you! The one reading this!

Double Rainboom, the 25-some minute long My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan film/episode that I worked on, is releasing this Saturday! Which I think is pretty cool, since the NDA I signed will expire and I will FINALLY be able to share most of the work I made for the film over the span of a little over a year. Oh, and you'll get to watch the film too. =p.gif

However, instead of releasing over YouTube in the morning like what was previously said pretty much everywhere, the film's premiere is being moved instead to the evening at 9 PM (Eastern Standard Time), and will be streamed live over Everfree Network. I'm pretty sure the film will show up on YouTube right after the premiere though, so don't fret if you miss the stream. I'm going to try and be there along with a bunch of others from the crew though, so if you want to, feel free to stop by!

You can check out the post Everfree Network made about the whole shindig here, and where to go to watch the stream: http://events.everfree.net/2013/03/efn-hosts-double-rainboom-world-premiere/

As for other news from me personally, I honestly have just been busy with school, a personal project that I'm trying to tweak as much as possible before revealing to the public, playing video games and going through A Goofy Movie frame-by-frame. I know that I have been really quiet over here, but I think the reasons for that are kind of a mix between me being occupied with other things and a fear for putting up sketches and quick animations on here because it's being judged by a bigger audience. I feel pressured more and more to only put bigger projects on here, hence why there hasn't been many things put onto my DA account while my YouTube and Tumblr accounts have flourished.

Also, I'm considering maybe doing some small animated commissions once the semester is over in May. Would you be interested in commissioning me for something animated? The price would obviously be higher than the drawn commissions I did before, and it might take more time to make them, but since I know a lot of people know me for my animated works I figured it might be worth considering. smile.gif

Let me know what'cha think! I'll try to post some more work of mine on here in the meantime and after the film is released."

This was great! It was a technically-impressive celebration of fan creativity. I thought the only real fault was the pacing/writing might have been a little slow near the start, but as the episode continued I think it really picked up (especially around act 2 after the twist). Bravo!

Hmm, just watched.

It was a modest success on its own I'd say, and compared to other notable fan animation projects it was shining. The animation was top notch. Thoroughly impressive and smooth. It captured the show(s) perfectly and just looked great. The voice acting... was kinda weird for me. It was too distinct from what I was used to to and some of the readings sounded as a bit stiff in their efforts to sound like the original voice actresses. Sound and music was good, though it might have benefited from an original song somewhere in the dragging first half.

Plotting/writing is where it suffered. The first half was very slow, and the interactions just didn't ever feel quite organic to me. It lacked the snap and efficiency of actual FiM dialog. I felt somewhat disconnected from it, even as it went out of its way to try an amuse (and succeeded at least to an extent). The second half was far more interesting, though also thoroughly bizarre. Plot elements were incorporated into the episode from well past left field and in some cases it felt like it was really stretching when it came to what it was having happen (especially in the ultimate resolution). It could have failed hard here, but this was actually the better half of the episode as the execution for the core of this section was just thoroughly superb and the character exchanges more natural and entertaining. I almost wish the entire episode solely explored the premise introduced in this part of the episode. Instead, this hard left turn in the middle of another story feels kind of out of place and makes the whole thing come across as kind of scattered, forced and unfocused. It kinda feels like two story ideas clumsily shoved together, neither really explored as fully as it could have been.

But it was fun. That counts a lot for me. It also, as I said, looked amazing. I enjoyed it, which is more than I can say for any other fan animated episode I've seen. I'd give it a B-. Flawed in ways that are very obvious and hard to ignore, but with just enough good to outweigh the bad that it stands out all the same.

• Like 3

I -liked- it. The animation, music and voice acting were top notch..And yeah, the first part of it sort of dragged....And (Sets up spoiler box)

Was never really much of a Powerpuff Girls fan..So I'm sure the last bit didn't amuse me as much as fans of that show. But it was cute.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more fan toons like this....I know the guys at JanAnimations are working on some shorts to be released soon..Looking forward to those. :)

After Rainbow entered the Cartoon Network universe, I was frankly shocked. It was just so left field and random that no one could have expected it. Not to say it was terrible- some parts of the crossover were good but it just felt like it didn't fit in with the episode and almost derailed it really...

but all in all an awesome watch, an great animation :D

It was a good animation project, but the things he needed to do for the animation project did not make it entertaining to watch. Coupled with the very poor writing it wasn't too entertaining. They probably should have been more focused on one idea and moved quicker

I felt like the whole thing was slow or maybe the way they talked to each other wasn't like how they talked to each other in the actual show, what Phil said.

Troll cloud was not expected, therefore it was amazing. But what was the point of it? Hm, it's a troll cloud I mean c'mon!

I liked this one actually.

I was kind of slow earlier on but then sped up. I definitely wasn't expecting the second part which I thought was cute since I actually used to watch the Powerpuff Girls a little. Voice acting and animation was great, and so was the story. All in all a very good PMV.