Bioshock Infinite

So I just got Bioshock Infinity for the PC, and on first look all I have to say is Wow! Game is really amazing, graphics are top-notch, and the game play is great. Normally I'm not one for fps, but this one really has my attention. I only have one real complaint, it's a minor one though and can in fact be taken care of by the player. Button placement. Eyup, it has some odd button placements to me. None the less so far I'm loving it.

I'm still waiting for my copy to show up in the mail..But wow! I love the music! I don't want to spoil it...So I'll put it in a spoiler box..

There's a ton of really cool music hidden in the game..Well, not hidden hidden, but you know....Which is fun, there's 'modern' music done in the style of the world..One of my favorite is "Shiny Happy People", which was originally done by R.E.M, but in the world, Al Jolson got his hands on it first.

and

A juicy game, beyond juicy. My s.o. and I just finished it and I have to say that anyone who plays it is in for a real treat. One of the best games that I have ever played in a very long time. If you liked the first Bioshock, you are sure to be pleased with this one.

I haven't really found any faults with it an I got used to the controls fairly quickly.

I've made it only so far into the game, and I agree that it is definitely a marvel as far as story and style goes. One of my qualms with it would be graphics. I understand that the xbox is limited (such as certain texts being horribly blurred), but even with maxed out settings on the PC it still feels like the it was being held back. Perhaps it's because this was made more for consoles than PC.

Another little thing; despite this supposed to take place in a bustling city in the sky, there weren't all that many people in one place. The streets felt kinda barren.

Other than that it is still a beautiful game with a great story. I look forward to seeing what happens next :3

Well, when there should be regular people..Like in the cities, parks and such, there are plenty of people...They're just not going to want to stick around with they hear gunfire....

With gunfire it makes sense that no one is around. If you look at how many buildings and how vast the city is, however, it should really be busier than it is during just normal "walking around" times. I can't imagine how certain moments wouldn't have had a bigger turnout, unless they just needlessly built homes for more people than they have.

Really, Columbia isn't that big a city. Look at an average sized town, compare to Columbia, remove the spaces in between because of clouds and silliness. It isn't that big of an actual city.

Wow. Finished it today...What an ending....Just one thing..

GAAGH! IT ENDED WITH A TOWER DEFENSE TYPE GAME. I am not a fan of those. Really like how they crossed over to the other Bioshock games....That was kind of cool B)

• 4 weeks later...

as a game, i think its kinda sub-par... the gameplay was pretty repetitive and it felt like the enemies were bullet sponges... And for a game that talk about all the...

'Constants and variables' it's really freaking linear...

however as a talking point, i think it's incredible... It's something you could talk about for ages about possibilities, theories, etc... The summerized version of the story is kinda lame...

'ERMAHGERD! YOU'RE COMSTOCK!" seems a bit lame, but at the same time, it DOES have a bit of sense to it...

However it's the more in depth story and how things relate to one another that gets mroe interesting... and seeing the world itself and the people within it is inedible...

Even so, i've already traded it in...

• 2 months later...

A topic for Bioshock Infinite? Why wasn't I here months before?

So...to start it up...has anyone played 1999 mode? It's so FREAKING hard. Ammunition is difficult to find (I'm trying to do the achievement where you don't buy from the Dollar Bill Vending Machine), and the only effective way to restock is to get Elizabeth to throw some to you. You also lose health and your shield fast...and enemies are really hard to kill.

Well, when there should be regular people..Like in the cities, parks and such, there are plenty of people...They're just not going to want to stick around with they hear gunfire....

At least you would expect people to hide in the buildings...or see people evacuating the premises.

This new DLC looks pretty cool.

I would seriously buy that. :P

But I thought of something; won't the water pressure crush a few of the structures in Rapture? Despite the location being relatively shallow compared to the Atlantic Ocean, the water pressure is not equally distributed.

Plus, they still need to take away all that excess carbon dioxide they're breathing. Trees and plants aren't enough.

Played all three Bioshocks and Infinite was a great addition. The graphics were amazing, the game flow was good, and the storyline though strange at the end was good too.

Didn't know they planned a DLC back in Rapture, but I'll definitely get that. Film Noir and Bioshock? Yes please!

I'm sure people hate it because they think that mainstream FPS games are the root of all evil, but I honestly had a lot more fun playing Infinite than I did the first Bioshock. The first game punished you for exploring by spawning enemies into areas you just secured and took pleasure in leaving you with no eve, no ammo, and no health. Infinite paces the combat better and makes it enjoyable rather than stressful. The skyline fights are really fun and the setpiece battles get really crazy, especially with vigors being slung, rockets flying, and bullets going everywhere. The songbird fight was less tower defense and more of a traditional FPS setpiece battle, a la the Scarab fights in Halo 3 and the phased defense missions in Call of Duty.

Because I didn't have to worry about having to save scum just to get good drops or survive the next 25 meter walk and could actually apply my experience with FPS games to survive in combat, I could actually take the time to explore and enjoy the story.

The story had its share of "oh snap" moments and is disjointed, but I think I need some more time to fully wrap my brain around the ending and hunt down the rest of the voxophones. The voice acting was excellent and the characters were interesting, with even more craziness piled on when their timelines became merged. The multiverse bit at the end opens up all sorts of possibilities for DLCs and other story arcs. I thought that I would hate Infinite based on my hate of the first game, but I actually enjoyed this one a lot and would be interested in grabbing the Burial at Sea DLC when it comes out.

I suppose in the end, Bioshock Infinite was metacommentary on hero tropes, dystopian literature, and the creation and revisions of storylines.

Along with everything everyone else has said...I really do love the music. I've purchased soundtracks for the games.....And even snagged the er..bootlegs that play the 'special' music from #3. I do like the fact that the Bioshock & Fallout games have introduced a generation that probably would have never had the chance to listen to such fine folks as Noël Coward, Django Reinhardt and best Crosby brother, Bob. <3:)

Dwight-Schrute-False.jpg

When you cleared a room it stayed clear

TxTryji.png

I ran into splicers everywhere, even when I was backtracking. Rooms I had just cleared had splicers in them when I went back to scavenge or open up new passageways.