Official Season 2 DVD

517tmaqrg7l.jpg

Looks like Amazon has a date for the Season 2 DVD..May 14th.

They haven't listed features yet, but I've heard we're getting the usual goodies..Stuff for the kiddies and episode commentaries for the rest of us. If you haven't watched the episodes on the Season 1 DVD with the commentary turned on, you should! They're rather fun.

The DVD's cover, while they use vectors as opposed to simply hiring an artist to do a cool cover, is still rather cute.

I probably won't buy it but it looks good

I’m assuming they’ll be having commentaries on this DVD as well. The commentaries on the Season 1 DVD made it a must buy and instant purchase for me. I would have liked if Lauren Faust got something to do on that DVD...

You might want to edit your topic title if this is about Season 2.

:blush: oops. (Fixed.)

[colour=#ff0000]I fully plan on getting this before long, as I want both it and Season One's DVD-set.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]I'm just glad that the company that's releasing these is waiting to do so with full season sets, rather than with just 3 or 4 eps per DVD, like FUNimation did with the 2003-2009 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series from 4Kids. Mainly because I'd much rather pay $25.00 (or so) per 4 disk set than 9 or 10 bucks for just 3 (or so) eps per disk.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]I just wish that there weren't so many other MLP goodies coming out at about the same time.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000] [/colour][colour=#FF0000] [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Too many goodies, too little money on hoof; that's my problem. :roll::sleep::???::/[/colour]

There are! I'm looking forward to a few of the books..Like the very big and very awesome "The Elements of Harmony: Friendship is Magic: The Official Guidebook"..It's 256 pages of Pony Goodness.. ;)

Ooh..Amazon just listed Season 2 to be out on May 14th.

There are! I'm looking forward to a few of the books..Like the very big and very awesome "The Elements of Harmony: Friendship is Magic: The Official Guidebook"..It's 256 pages of Pony Goodness.. ;)

[colour=#FF0000]Too true, unfortunately. :sniff::cry::sniff:[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]M[/colour][colour=#FF0000]e, too, and that's one of the ones that I'm looking forward to getting, too. (I have it on Pre-order from Overstock.com, actually.) But there are others that I'm going to be getting, too. :smug::):smug:[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]Mainly because I am not getting behind on my MLP books (and other merch) like I did my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles books 'n' stuff. (I'm still struggling to get caught up on those. Although I think I'm gonna get a good jump on the new ongoing series that IDW is about to start publishing based on the TMNT CGI-animated series on Nickelodeon called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles New Animated Adventures"[/colour][colour=#ff0000], Issue #1 of which will be released (published) on Wednesday, July 17, 2013.)[/colour]

Ooh..Amazon just listed Season 2 to be out on May 14th.

[colour=#FF0000]Really?! [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Sweet!!! :)[/colour]

Edited by WhitewolfSTR

They're doing a special with the Season 2 DVD and the new guidebook. Must buy them both. <3 Amazon. While I heart Amazon.com, it's a shame they're only selling the Season DVDS there..They should have these suckers everywhere for everyone to buy.

[colour=#FF0000]Mainly because I am not getting behind on my MLP books (and other merch) like I did my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles books 'n' stuff. (I'm still struggling to get caught up on those. Although I think I'm gonna get a good jump on the new ongoing series that IDW is about to start publishing based on the TMNT CGI-animated series on Nickelodeon called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles New Animated Adventures"[/colour][colour=#ff0000], Issue #1 of which will be [/colour]

I've been snagging the comics they come out..And they have been well worth the $$$...The books themselves...Most aren't really for me..I've even seen a few at Publix, and they're all for itty bitty kitties...But I did buy the first pony 'Novel' for my E-Book...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'll be getting mine in the mail this Friday. Still really bummed about the lack of commentaries..Which were by far my favorite part of the Season 1 DVDs.. :scream:

I like how it says "The fun has been doubled" as a tag line on the back panel of the DVD box. I wonder if Season 3 will be less expensive when they get around to releasing it?

Season 3 DVD tag line:

"The price has been doubled!"

[colour=#0000ff]How can you tell the difference when it's a vector? Just curious. I'm definitely buying this >:3 putting it on my financial priorities list~ RIGHT after buying a giant stuffed panda.c:[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to describe a true vector is that it is an image made with shapes, which allows it to be scaled to any size without quality loss. A lot of the official show vectors have the ponies in a certain stock pose (this one is a good example). You'll know them when you see them because they will be placed on several products.

Season 3 DVD tag line:

"The price has been doubled!"

Wouldn't surprise me. DOUBLE the price for HALF the episodes (13 vs. 26).

I can believe Hasbro would pull a stunt like this. The sad thing is, a LOT of bronies WOULD pay that kind of cash for S3!

:D:D:D

Wouldn't surprise me. DOUBLE the price for HALF the episodes (13 vs. 26).

I can believe Hasbro would pull a stunt like this. The sad thing is, a LOT of bronies WOULD pay that kind of cash for S3!

Hopefully they'll fill the DVDs up with lots of special features...stilll..grumble grumble..annoyed about the lack of commentaries on season 2...AND IF YOU have the Season 1 DVD and have not watched the selected shows with the commentaries on..Shame on you! Watch 'em! They're fun.