Equestria Girls Trailer

kunio18

I'm not super excited about it, but, I'm going to treat it like everything else, and give it a shot.

No reason to hate on it before I know the full story, eh?

I'm confused as to why the Cutie Mark Crusaders are there, as well as Snips and Snails. :mad:

I'm confused as to why the Cutie Mark Crusaders are there, as well as Snips and Snails. :mad:

Maybe while Twilight and the others are seniors (They sure don't look it!) the CMCs and friends are freshmen.... :halo:

As for Twilight..Maybe when she is transported into this 'human'ish world, she simply takes over the body of the 'human'ish Twilight' Ala Quantum Leap.

after some strolling through te internet this morning i found something that may or may not be true cause well internet is best rumor mill but apparently the staff is getting sick of apparent DEATH threats aimed at them over equestria girls.. seriously..has anyone else heard that?

after some strolling through te internet this morning i found something that may or may not be true cause well internet is best rumor mill but apparently the staff is getting sick of apparent DEATH threats aimed at them over equestria girls.. seriously..has anyone else heard that?

I have heard that, I am not sure how true or how common such things were. Equestria Daily covered the hyper-outrage pretty well and why it is stupid.

• Like 1

I'm excited to see it, honestly. It's still Megan McCarthy, and she's never done us wrong. I think the movie will outdo anyones expectations, honestly, because I trust the MLP staff. And if it sucks, so what? Will it kill the show and fandom? NO. It wont.

So everypony, keep calm and muffins.

I didn't really know about that until my friend asked my about it on school a few days before...

I believe that almost all of the people who are threatening them (It's illegal to threaten someone, even on the Internet, I believe) are either haters or trolls (get jailed?) who want to defame the MLP community. In reality, I don't think bronies would do that (at least the ones I know in real life and the Internet), and it's pretty ironic, considering the MLP:FiM show mentioned about morality and tolerance.

Oh great. Looks like it's going to be in MLP canon as well. I don't like the concept of it being a drama based around a secondary school (high school, or whatever you call it). It'll be like other high school dramas, except with the Mane 6.

It's not FiM canon, at the most. Think of it more as a spinoff to the FiM show; anything that happens in Equestria Girls is not going to be canon in FiM.

To quote Twilight Sparkle: "This is bad!" :D:D:D

...but not completely bad.

I'm really optimistic about the spin off: maybe because I like humanized ponies, but, except the plot, animation, sounds, voice actors etc...are really good. I always give a chance to everything that seems "bad"(like the Italian dub of mlp)and bronies are acting like it will be the end of the world. I don't understand why they don't see that it's just a spin off, and it won't affect the original series. If you don't like ok, but stop being catastrophic D:

I'm really optimistic about the spin off: maybe because I like humanized ponies, but, except the plot, animation, sounds, voice actors etc...are really good. I always give a chance to everything that seems "bad"(like the Italian dub of mlp)and bronies are acting like it will be the end of the world. I don't understand why they don't see that it's just a spin off, and it won't affect the original series. If you don't like ok, but stop being catastrophic D:

^^ this

As one who has watched spin offs such as the teenaged Powerpuff girls, Ruggrats: All Grown Up!, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Baby Looney Tunes, and so on and so on, I too am mixed about this movie.

Yet, I know for a fact that I'm driving six hours to Los Angelas because it's the closest theater showing the movie and watch it the moment it is released. Also, I'm going to get $20 worth of singles, sit down on one of the comfy chairs, and throw the dollar bills at the screen, begging for more even before the movie begins.

Yay for optimism. :razz:

Cheers~

Kodokuna Haisha

When I first saw the character designs for this movie, I was like "OH GOD NO NO NO NO NO!!!!" But seeing that there is a lack off ears and face tattoos, I am pretty exited. Knowing that it's just a movie is giving me some hope because it might not become another series and wipe out my little pony... Also knowing that Twilight is just going to retrieve a crown is giving me hope about this not becoming a series. Overall, I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS MOOVIE VERY MUCH!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I just hope season 4 doesn't get too...girly.

even though mlp was always a girl's show, it never really felt like a girl show. But this trailer felt all girl 100%. I know I shouldn't worry cuz mlp was never intended for me and if this is where my journey ends, then fine. But it would be very disappointing to see it become a stereotypical girl show cuz deep down I really did love mlp. And to see it change in a direction I can't follow, would be a big let down.

Eh. Don't worry, even if this is horrible, it's only a "One Shot" (Unless it proves to be very popular) and won't effect the main series..Unless Twilight brings Dreamy McDreamsteak over with her at the end of the movie.

Then that would be creepy..Cause he'd be a teenaged pony, and she'd be an adult. :-|

Dreamy McDreamsteak

BEST OC EVAR!

Or maybe he will age to be an adult pony removing some of the creepiness but raising ethical questions about costing someone 5 or so years of their life.

• Like 1

I'm excited to see it, honestly. It's still Megan McCarthy, and she's never done us wrong. I think the movie will outdo anyones expectations, honestly, because I trust the MLP staff. And if it sucks, so what? Will it kill the show and fandom? NO. It wont.

So everypony, keep calm and muffins.

All I saw and watch it was just skepticism, I'm pretty doubtful that an experienced crew like the FIM one could ruin the entire series, well, except the blunderous "Spike at Your Service", pretty much either negative or mixed. Equestria Girls is finally more positive when the cutie mark label is no longer on their cheeks, I look at it is just ridiculous, even including those in the eyes of animators, artists and graphics students alike, and myself too.

I think it should be fine, we can't review until we get to see the full movie in the end. Twilight never been so pretty this way. And I find the Mane 6 look so awesome when they wear skirts, especially Rainbow Dash, I knew she has a little girliness on her side.

Overall, I'll just wait and see and hopefully better be something really beautiful when it releases.

So this is a real thing!? I thought it was a parody of that one song. Oh, so wrong was I.

I watched the trailer, loved the BGM. <3 I'm defiantly going to watch the movie now...For the BGM, I mean... :halo:

Regardless, this actually doesn't seem all that bad. At the worst (or best?), it will be like SnowDrop or Double Sonic Rainboom. High anticipation, then nobody cares for it shortly after.

And I hear people hate it already? Why? The only thing I can find to dislike about it is Rarity's skin colour. It's not aesthetically pleasing to me in any way, shape, or form. Despite everyone else having even more unique colour schemes. :P

I'm also really curious about character roles too. Think they would incorporate background ponies in there instead of creating all new random characters just to fill in space?

Oh, and I hear Dreamy McDreamsteak's (name credited to Tacobob) pony counter part is a royal guard. If this is true, why in Equestria is he at a Highschool? I sense a plot twist...

Lol, nobody cares for it, well, not that, it's because more on value and interest, they'll wear off overtime.

As for why disliking it, I think it's because it all started as a rumor and as well as the cutie marks on their cheeks, they go ballistic. Not to mention for Spike + Rarity fans.

But after watching the trailer, it should be promising and hopefully so. All we can do now is to wait and see.

I'm also surprised they didn't make Spike into a "human" for this show. Then he could be his usual snarky self and continue his crush on Rarity while being Twilight's little brother...Maybe they see him as more of a 'son' than a brother on the regular show, and while they couldn't have a teenaged Twilight with a kid, I guess a dog is the next best thing considering how we treat our pets.. :)

I'm also surprised they didn't make Spike into a "human" for this show. Then he could be his usual snarky self and continue his crush on Rarity while being Twilight's little brother...Maybe they see him as more of a 'son' than a brother on the regular show, and while they couldn't have a teenaged Twilight with a kid, I guess a dog is the next best thing considering how we treat our pets.. :)

Actually, I thought they made him into a dog because 'Spike' is a common dog name. And for one that mainly fetches thing, it made sense.

Plus, he can still give puppy love to Rarity. ;)

OHHHhhhhh..... coincidence, huh? Interesting concept on why he's a dog. And well, although it's also controversial too though, especially for Spike + Rarity fans, and included him + any of the CMCs. But personally, I just wait and see and will only praise or rant when the movie comes out.