Intresting new experiances

CherryRie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was only one time I had a real close call, I tore my chest ligaments and dislocated my chest joint (I know, I know, it's real though). Had the accident occurred a half second earlier, 235 pounds would have broken my neck. I consider myself very lucky.

Aside from that, I've seen a boy drown on my watch, but I've rescued several too.

Got to electrical engineering lab one day. We were building comparators, which required the use of electrolytic capacitors as components. The caps that we were issued were rated at 5 volts. Our power supply units delivered up to 25 volts of potential. Someone powered on their circuit with their PSU dialed up to max voltage. Hilarity ensued.

We all jumped because the capacitor exploded in a puff of smoke. The explosion sounded EXACTLY like a gunshot at point blank range and left a horrible, horrible burning smell. Moral of the story? Overvoltage is bad; very bad.

Got to electrical engineering lab one day. We were building comparators, which required the use of electrolytic capacitors as components. The caps that we were issued were rated at 5 volts. Our power supply units delivered up to 25 volts of potential. Someone powered on their circuit with their PSU dialed up to max voltage. Hilarity ensued.

We all jumped because the capacitor exploded in a puff of smoke. The explosion sounded EXACTLY like a gunshot at point blank range and left a horrible, horrible burning smell. Moral of the story? Overvoltage is bad; very bad.

I hope you had fun with that... Because you never did it again did you? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever been making salsa, then later gone to the bathroom with out giving your hands a good wash after the salsa?

sweet Celestia... it's not fun.

Well, I have one of these scary stories too...

For years and years I had noticed I had that baby fur all over my face, not that noticed by others but rather annoying to me. So I grabbed my mom's bottled wax, that needed to be heated up in order to be used correctly. Dumb me, I put it inside the microwave with the bottle completely closed, so when i open the microwave to remove the bottle, it explodes on my face. Lucky me that I had my glasses on, otherwise it would have blinded me. I still have a burnt scar on my chest, but the burns on my face healed completely, despise the long time.

Well I remember when I was younger about 2 years ago I went for a walk and my step sister had a sudden urge to go with me so we go walk up a hill and went our separate ways I had my music on the whole time my step sister comes running and calling my name in a panic when she catches up to me she explains to me about two big dogs following me then following her. So seeing as we had to go back that way to reach home we walk slowly past the house with said dogs and I go "Oh it's fine they are probably on a leash or something" oh how wrong I was. . . . . they started to run at me and my stepsister and got closer and closer till they were almost on top of us that's when we ran like bats out of hell the two dogs were growling and biting at us I see one of the two dogs getting ready to lunge and grab my stepsister's calf I screamed I don't know if I screamed loud or whatever but when I screamed the dog turn tailed and ran back to their house me and my stepsis walked shakily back home explained what happened to my mom and stepdad they didn't really believe us so yea....

There was this other time I was riding my bike with my brother down the street and I took my feet of the pedals, I liked to do that for some reason and my feet got caught in the spokes of my front wheel the next thing I know I'm on my back with the bike crashing down on top of me maybe I was going too fast, or I fell awkwardly but that hurt...... but that's my story time for the day.

I remember when I was 6 I had a hand me down computer from my older brother and I used it to play floppy disk games with. Mainly Sierra adventure games and my mom would write down all the list of the "big" words on a piece of paper and have it at the computer desk. The computer was very old, and it had died a few times but my dad managed to fix it.

I guess the outlet was going bad or something, because next thing I know after I plugged all the wires in to wait for the computer to boot up, I feel violent jolts in my body, I screamed, lots of weird thoughts are going on in my head that I can't think clearly, I'm thrown back on the floor with electricity going through my body, and my hair is all messy. Ever since then I've had a fear of old outlets and get nervous plugging stuff in them. Lesson learned: don't mess with old outlets if you don't know what you're doing.

I remember when I was 6 I had a hand me down computer from my older brother and I used it to play floppy disk games with. Mainly Sierra adventure games and my mom would write down all the list of the "big" words on a piece of paper and have it at the computer desk. The computer was very old, and it had died a few times but my dad managed to fix it.

I guess the outlet was going bad or something, because next thing I know after I plugged all the wires in to wait for the computer to boot up, I feel violent jolts in my body, I screamed, lots of weird thoughts are going on in my head that I can't think clearly, I'm thrown back on the floor with electricity going through my body, and my hair is all messy. Ever since then I've had a fear of old outlets and get nervous plugging stuff in them. Lesson learned: don't mess with old outlets if you don't know what you're doing.

Ouch! I had that happen to me but on a much smaller scale I was just plugging something up I guess I had my finger to close to the socket and I felt a jolt go up my arm. I can't imagine having that jolt race through my entire body I'm just happy you're okay stuff like that can really mess up our hearts D: -cuddles AppleDash-

Ouch! I had that happen to me but on a much smaller scale I was just plugging something up I guess I had my finger to close to the socket and I felt a jolt go up my arm. I can't imagine having that jolt race through my entire body I'm just happy you're okay stuff like that can really mess up our hearts D: -cuddles AppleDash-

*cuddles back*

It was one of the most freakiest experiences as my thoughts were all over the place, and while being electrocuted I felt like I was there, but at the same time not really there, like when you daydream and just space out sorta feeling, except very painful but it didn't last long thank gods.

About two months ago we had a week solid of torrential downpours here in Missouri. Everything was muddy, the horses were sinking to their knees in some spots, it was nasty. Well, one morning I get woken up at about 4 am or so by my husband, saying something about the horses being loose. I'm thinking okay, we have another fence surrounding the paddock so they won't go far. Our horses are a 16hh appy mare, a 14hh QH cross, a shetland pony and her half full-sized yearling colt, just to give you an idea. He then proceeds to tell me to get up because the horses are in the house.

What?

Apparently, the neighbor's mare was lonely and knocked down a fence panel separating our paddock from hers. Then the shetland, in her infinite genius, unlocked the gate, led the now small herd of 5 horses to the front porch, and let herself into the house. We had a muddy shetland slipping around in the kitchen on the linoleum with my German Shepherd huddled in the hall confused out of his gourd, the appy and QH on the porch destroying our storm door trying to decide who was going to go in next, and the colt and neighbor's mare dancing about in the mud in front of the porch.

Moral of the story? Child proof lock the gates because the pony will figure them out.

About two months ago we had a week solid of torrential downpours here in Missouri. Everything was muddy, the horses were sinking to their knees in some spots, it was nasty. Well, one morning I get woken up at about 4 am or so by my husband, saying something about the horses being loose. I'm thinking okay, we have another fence surrounding the paddock so they won't go far. Our horses are a 16hh appy mare, a 14hh QH cross, a shetland pony and her half full-sized yearling colt, just to give you an idea. He then proceeds to tell me to get up because the horses are in the house.

What?

Apparently, the neighbor's mare was lonely and knocked down a fence panel separating our paddock from hers. Then the shetland, in her infinite genius, unlocked the gate, led the now small herd of 5 horses to the front porch, and let herself into the house. We had a muddy shetland slipping around in the kitchen on the linoleum with my German Shepherd huddled in the hall confused out of his gourd, the appy and QH on the porch destroying our storm door trying to decide who was going to go in next, and the colt and neighbor's mare dancing about in the mud in front of the porch.

Moral of the story? Child proof lock the gates because the pony will figure them out.

Oh god, I used to go visit my friend's house all the time and help feed and care for her horses. Somebody (I can't remember if it was me or my friend that dun goofed) had forgotten to lock the gate and eyup, horses were loose. Thankfully it wasn't as crazy as the horses being loose in the house, but it wasn't fun seeing my friend's mom's angry face when we told her what happened after my friend had to herd every single one back. It was WORSE THEN FLUTTERSHY'S STARE.

*rubs his hooves together* Hoo boy, Theres always a good convention tale, but maybe later.

For now, I think this one is the most amazing and hopefully might save a brony caught in similar circumstances.

Before the current hobby/pony farm I'm currently helping on, there was this hobby ranch in Texas owned by a Dr. working at a hospital in Dallas.

For some reason, this entire ranch was a "no-weapon zone" despite dangerous animals hiding out in the mesquite.

The dirt road was impassible in wet weather, and any extra money on my part I could only get by working an extra job. Sooo I was walking a mile to the road where I parked at the gate, just after dark and suddenly heard the local pack of coyote-dog mixes yap ahead of me.

I turned and forced myself to walk CALMLY away and there was suddenly yipping moving to cut me off. Did I mention I was in a no-weapon zone?

I could hear them getting closer and knew running would only spur them to attack.

I made a noise to try and intimidate them. I can imitate a horse well enough to get the real thing to answer, and the horses on the ranch attack the coydogs on sight. I did my best stallion fighting scream and the pack stopped in confusion. They let me back slowly out of the circle and escape while they tried to decide what I was.

I left the ranch shortly after that incident.

Do NOT be out in the countryside in Texas unarmed!

Lessee... interesting experiences... hmm. I remember a few years ago, my building had been set on fire?

And you know the funny/scary part is? There was no fire alarm!

I remember eating dinner really late at night, then hearing water dripping down from the balcony. I thought it 'twas part of me imagination but no; mother heard it too. About 30 minutes later we started smelling smoke and a few minutes after that, we heard a bunch of people out in the hallway. When we steeped out, oh wow; it smelt like burning. But no visible smoke on my floor. Apparently someone's suite had a grease fire or something about 4-5 floors up, and it spread throughout that floor..

And even worse, something like this happened AGAIN in this year, except some floors below us! O_o