'Children of the Night'

kunio18

its about dang time :D

this animation is just stunning ive waited so long for this... words cant even describe the awesomeness of this animation, [colour=#333333]It has been a long time since I couldn't stop myself from smiling at something. Utterly breathtaking.[/colour]

[colour=#000000] [/colour]

Er...so Luna just abducted a bunch of orphans..?

That's kind of the same way I felt, Lime. The animation was great, but what was the message in this supposed to be? That somehow Pre-NMM Luna was better than Celestia because she kidnapped a bunch of orphaned foals and made them live in a cave?

Animation quality is top-notch and background art is excellent. The lip-syncing is a bit off at times, but the level of polish here is much better than a lot of other fan works I've seen. I love that fans are still willing to put this much effort into art and projects like this.

I can really see why she needs ponies to love her back, and it seems Celestia is disturbed when there's missing children in their bedroom imagine the parents are angry and sound the alarm for the Royal Guards.

I'm not sure if she abducted them permanently, I think she merely took them for some fun among the clouds (hence the Children of the Night).

The music and storyline is good and the animation is top notch. I think this is one of the best fan videos I've seen in a while.

I know it's not abduction or kidnapping, but the scenes when the video is ending is definitely something that is not right. After all, it's a totally different message I'm seeing compare to a temporary Peter Pan moment.

I know it's not abduction or kidnapping, but the scenes when the video is ending is definitely something that is not right. After all, it's a totally different message I'm seeing compare to a temporary Peter Pan moment.

Had the mention of a colony been avoided, we could easily see it as Luna taking children for a fun midnight romp, however it kinda makes it sound like she abducted them to make a colony..

Plus the original song IS used to abduct children XD

Oh, I can't remember that one. Gosh, that's just cruel. But for Luna's case, no it's not, I find that she lacks appreciation. Maybe she should one day find ponies who work at night at the proper jobs and no, not ponies from bars and night clubs and such. Or maybe just like Manehattan, the city that never sleeps.

Well, obviously Luna just kidnapped a bunch of foals. But it looks like most of them were orphans and homeless kids who didn't exactly mind. (And the kingdom was supposedly in fairly bad shape at the time.)

So there could be some legitimate argument about whether what she did was *wrong* or not.

Nope! It's the song from Hocus Pocus that the witches use to lure children to their death! :D

There's actually quite the debate on this. John Debney, a composer, is credited with the poem's creation nearly as often as Edgar Allan Poe is, though it doesn't actually appear in many registries of his works (not to mention the pacing doesn't sound much like Poe). Of course, one could argue that both came from a very old German carol. In the end, the meaning behind the poem is quite old and very beautiful, if one takes the time to read into it. Thus the video is fairly fitting rather than disturbing.

• Like 1

Well this video actually tells story of how Luna wanted to help the the suffering ponies by taking some and making a new colony. Celestia in a way I did not quite like (forbidding her sister with the artwork showing dominance and control, even leaving it open for to be interpreted that Celestia did not care about her suffering of her subjects) said she did not feel dividing an already weak nation would actually help make it better or safer for ponies.

So Luna, putting to sleep her sister and the guards as well as all other awake in the city, goes out and gathers a number of the homeless and orphaned foals believing it easier to ask forgiveness than permission. She then flies the foals to their new home...

The video is beautifully animated and very very well done but if it wasn't for the fact of how the Celestia is shown in the way she is a bit out of character I cannot fully enjoy it. Celestia would have explained that it would be easier and more productive for all of their subjects for Luna to help her rebuild the city to create homes and find families for the orphaned and homeless foals that do not have such.

Well this video actually tells story of how Luna wanted to help the the suffering ponies by taking some and making a new colony. Celestia in a way I did not quite like (forbidding her sister with the artwork showing dominance and control, even leaving it open for to be interpreted that Celestia did not care about her suffering of her subjects) said she did not feel dividing an already weak nation would actually help make it better or safer for ponies.

So Luna, putting to sleep her sister and the guards as well as all other awake in the city, goes out and gathers a number of the homeless and orphaned foals believing it easier to ask forgiveness than permission. She then flies the foals to their new home...

The video is beautifully animated and very very well done but if it wasn't for the fact of how the Celestia is shown in the way she is a bit out of character I cannot fully enjoy it. Celestia would have explained that it would be easier and more productive for all of their subjects for Luna to help her rebuild the city to create homes and find families for the orphaned and homeless foals that do not have such.

Yeah, "Celestia is the big mean overbearing older sister that prevents Luna from doing anything because she is a DICTATOR" is really getting really REALLY old.

There's actually quite the debate on this. John Debney, a composer, is credited with the poem's creation nearly as often as Edgar Allan Poe is, though it doesn't actually appear in many registries of his works (not to mention the pacing doesn't sound much like Poe). Of course, one could argue that both came from a very old German carol. In the end, the meaning behind the poem is quite old and very beautiful, if one takes the time to read into it. Thus the video is fairly fitting rather than disturbing.

Ah good, I thought I was the only one here who knew that the poem predated that Hocus Pocus movie, and that nobody was quite sure of its real origin or composer. lol

Ah good, I thought I was the only one here who knew that the poem predated that Hocus Pocus movie, and that nobody was quite sure of its real origin or composer. lol

[colour=#0000ff]Nein ;P[/colour]