Jaguars @ Raiders

Broncos @ Giants

49ers @ Seahawks

Monday

Steelers @ Bengals

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

River, I'm gonna put by boot so far up your rear that you'll taste the protective coating.

While some of River's picks are cuckoo-crazy....Jags..Winning? Riverhippo does show wisdom in picking the Dolphins over those silly Dolts. :kissy:

Time for week two; my predicted winners in bold.

Thursday

Jets @ Patriots

Sunday

Rams @ Falcons

Chargers @ Eagles

Cowboys @ Chiefs

Dolphins @ Colts

Titans @ Texans

Redskins @ Packers

Browns @ Ravens

Panthers @ Bills

Vikings @ Bears

Saints @ Buccaneers

Lions @ Cardinals

Jaguars @ Raiders

Broncos @ Giants

49ers @ Seahawks

Monday

Steelers @ Bengals

Rams @ Falcons

Alright, going for what most would consider an upset here, but by the numbers the Rams are looking good, and I think their receiving corps is just a bit better than the Falcons, and we've seen time and time again how the Falcons struggle against the pass. That being said, The rams have had the same issue, but as long as they can get pressure on Ryan, I think that Bradford can out pass him.

Chargers @ Eagles

After watching Mike Vick play against the Redskins on Monday Night, I have to say that he looks just as good as ever. I see the chargers defense holding him a bit during the furst half, but they've lready shown to be in the same condition they were last year, and Vick is going to run all over them in the second half once they've been worn out in the first.

Cowboys @ Chiefs

Being a 49ers fan, I know exactly what Alex Smith is capable of, and the Cowboys are a team that Smith has faced often. He knows how they work and how they run. He's going to have to be quick and accurate though, as their Dline is a lot better than Jacksonville's. I can see them working the run early and going to a pistol offense later in the game.

Dolphins @ Colts

Alright, this game is a bit more difficult. The truth of the matter is this game could realistically go either way as neither team has had a statistically good defense in a while. They both lack in the secondary which can cause a problem for both teams. I don't know a whole lot about Tannehill, but I know that Luck is a decent QB, and the Colt's appear to have some sort of run game going this year. I think that is going to give them the advantage over clock management, and I think that as long as they can get ahead, they will be able to stay ahead. I pick the Colts in this one.

Titans @ Texans

After watching the Texans on Monday night fight back from that far behind at the half to come back to beat San Diego, and the Tennessee Titans having a much worse defense that San Diego, I see this being a fairly easy win for the Texans.

Redskins @ Packers

After an Excruciating loss to the 49ers, the packers are not going to let another Kaepernick-like quarterback defeat them. Aaron Rodgers has the ability to pick apart their secondary just as, if not more easily than Mike Vick did, and is just as ellusive in the back field. He's not as big of a run thread, but the open tackling of the Redskins needs improvement, and that can hurt them against a QB like Rodgers. RGIII is still a bit rusty from his injury, and I don't think that he'll have the gas to out gun rodgers.

Browns @ Ravens

Even though the Ravens lost a lot of their best players after last year, Cleveland has no defense at all. Flacco walks all over them.

Panthers @ Bills

Neigher of these teams are very good, though the Panthers have a slight advantage with Steve Smith and Ted Ginn.

Vikings @ Bears

With the bears defense being no where near as intimidating without Urlacher, and Adrien Petereson still being the beast that he is, I can se the vikings pulling this one out as long as they stay two dimensional.

Saints @ Buccaneers

This is a very, very hard game to call, because Drew Brees can pick apart any defense, but at the same time, The buccs now have DeShawn Goldson, whome, the last few times he's played the saints with the 49ers, appeared to have Brees' number. With that in mind, Goldson is one person and I don't think that Tampa has the ability to keep up with the numbers that brees can put up, so I see NO taking this one.

Lions @ Cardinals

Welcome to the Reggie Bush show. Cardinals still have no run defense, and just like with every other run heavy team, the Lions are going to run all over them.

Jaguars @ Raiders

As much as I hate the Raiders.... Jacksonville is just bad....

Broncos @ Giants

Right now the Giants need a lot of work. Their game against the cowboys was a disaster, and if Tony Romo picked them apart like that, imagine what Peyton is going to do to them.

49ers @ Seahawks

This game is the toughest game of the week by far as two of the leagues best defenses clash. Both teams change weekly for having the best defense in the league, and with Kaepernick and Russell Wilsion this game is going to be one of 2 things. A defensive Slugfest, or an offensive shoot out. The fact that Percy Harvin though is out with an injury until at least thanksgiving, could prove to be a problem. In light of this information, I see the 49ers coming out ahead in this one.

Monday:

Steelers @ Bengals

after watching the highlights of the steelers in week one, they didn't look good at all. I don't see them being much better against a constantly improving Cincinnati team.

Week's 2 wiiner is Mojo!!! (even after monday night game)

after tomorrow night's game, I'll update the OP with juicy statistics, as well as post the next week of matches. Thanks for your continued participation!!! :D

OP updated, week 3 schedule up and ready for picks. Picks are due Thursday @ 6pm EST.

http://www.canterlot...ic/#entry384830

Week 3:

Chiefs @ Eagles

Texans @ Ravens

Giants @ Panthers

Lions @ Redskins

Chargers @ Titans

Cardinals @ Saints

Buccaneers @ Patriots

Packers @ Bengals

Rams @ Cowboys

Browns @ Vikings

Falcons @ Dolphins

Bills @ Jets

Colts @ 49ers

Jaguars @ Seahawks

Bears @ Steelers

Raiders @ Broncos

Week 3:

Chiefs @ Eagles

Texans @ Ravens

Giants @ Panthers

Lions @ Redskins

Chargers @ Titans

Cardinals @ Saints

Buccaneers @ Patriots

Packers @ Bengals

Rams @ Cowboys

Browns @ Vikings -changed

Falcons @ Dolphins

Bills @ Jets

Colts @ 49ers

Jaguars @ Seahawks

Bears @ Steelers

Raiders @ Broncos

Chiefs @ Eagles - Tough choice. I just think KC's defense is overall better than the Eagles. The Redskins suck as we know, but they still scored more points than the Eagles did in the second of half of that game in week one, and the Chiefs are looking good.

Texans @ Ravens - I think the Ravens are going to continue to struggle. Texans have way more offensive options, even if you cut out the fact that the Ravens defense may not be up to par.

Giants @ Panthers - Another road win. Basically this involves the Giants finally winning a game. And they are going to do it against an overrated offense. The same offense that couldn't complete the win in Buffalo last week.

Lions @ Redskins - What is there to eve say about this one? Lions are always a risky pick, but this one is just too in favor of the team that actually looks like a football team.

Chargers @ Titans - I thought the Titans were really going to beat the Texans there for a moment. This team is legit. Watch them roll at home against a team that likes to choke.

Cardinals @ Saints - Home field against a team still finding its identity. Also, its about time Brees stops playing soft and has a breakout game to increase his crippled passing numbers.

Buccaneers @ Patriots - I think this one will be closer than you think. But the Patriots do have that magical edge at home still. Let's hope the Patriots injuries and struggle with dropped catches doesnt haunt them in this one.

Packers @ Bengals - I picked the Packers on the road against Cincy, because the Bengals just dont have enough options to outplay Aaron Rogers and his playbook. Combine the fact that the Bengals arent that special to watch with the fact that they have short rest from a monday night game, and I say the Pack wins again.

Rams @ Cowboys - I doubted myself on this one. But I cannot pick against the Cowboys after the Rams embaressed me last week. Rams have some advantages going into an indoor field against a team that never fits their own bill. But the Cowboy nation needs a win this week to complete the inevitable rollercoaster that exist in the football world in Dallas.

Browns @ Vikings - The Vikings stink. Maybe the Browns arent really a favorite, but their defense, at least, has proven successful against a couple teams that arent exactly horrible in their own right. If you do fantasy, sit your running back Peterson. He's going to have an off week. (CHANGED)

on second thought, them trading away their running back this early in the season tells me two things. 1) The Browns are calling their season really early. and 2) December 1st's game against the Jaguars is going to be a hilariously important game. Vikings win.

Falcons @ Dolphins - Ugh. I have to pick the Dolphins. They are that team that I will pick within reason every time until they fail me. They have given me some good wins in week 1 and 2, and I'm starting to believe that they may be one of the more underrated teams this year.

Bills @ Jets - Jets finally figure it out. Don't worry, they'll lose next week.

Colts @ 49ers - The 49ers will score 80 points this week. half of them were shove back into their pocket by the Seahawks. San Fran is mad.

Jaguars @ Seahawks - Um, uh... oh, um... yeah. The Seahawks will dismantle the Jags. There will be carnage, and the Jags will be ripped to pieces. After a few beat downs, the Jaguars will try to stand up, but the Seahawks will just trip them over and over until they are good and tired. And then thats when the Jaguars cower in a corner and ask for it to end. And then after that, the football game will start.

Bears @ Steelers - Bears finally lose and the Steelers finally win. This might be another ugly game though. Hopefully that doesn't mean the Bears wear more ugly uniforms.

Raiders @ Broncos - Broncos, of course. However. As a Broncos fan, I'm not going to be surprised if the Raiders gives the Broncos some trouble. Crazier things have happened, and this Western rivalry always proves to be tough, even when the Raiders are having a horrible decade in football. The Broncos will win, but don't be surprised if the margin isn't as large as you think it will be.

Gah, I'd be tied with River and Steel if I didn't take the gamble on that Jets game...

My picks:

Chiefs @ Eagles

Texans @ Ravens

Giants @ Panthers

Lions @ Redskins

Chargers @ Titans

Cardinals @ Saints

Buccaneers @ Patriots

Packers @ Bengals

Rams @ Cowboys

Browns @ Vikings

Falcons @ Dolphins

Bills @ Jets

Colts @ 49ers

Jaguars @ Seahawks

Bears @ Steelers

Raiders @ Broncos

I probably won't win another 'week' the rest of the season! Oh well...

Week 3:

Chiefs @ Eagles

Texans @ Ravens

Giants @ Panthers

Lions @ Redskins

Chargers @ Titans

Cardinals @ Saints

Buccaneers @ Patriots

Packers @ Bengals

Rams @ Cowboys

Browns @ Vikings

Falcons @ Dolphins

Bills @ Jets

Colts @ 49ers

Jaguars @ Seahawks

Bears @ Steelers

Raiders @ Broncos

Chiefs @ Eagles

Texans @ Ravens

Giants @ Panthers

Lions @ Redskins

Chargers @ Titans

Cardinals @ Saints

Buccaneers @ Patriots

Packers @ Bengals

Rams @ Cowboys

Browns @ Vikings

Falcons @ Dolphins

Bills @ Jets

Colts @ 49ers

Jaguars @ Seahawks

Bears @ Steelers

Raiders @ Broncos

Chiefs @ Eagles

Texans @ Ravens

Giants @ Panthers

Lions @ Redskins

Chargers @ Titans

Cardinals @ Saints

Buccaneers @ Patriots

Packers @ Bengals

Rams @ Cowboys

Browns @ Vikings

Falcons @ Dolphins

Bills @ Jets

Colts @ 49ers

Jaguars @ Seahawks

Bears @ Steelers

Raiders @ Broncos

This week I am being risky as I am giving a whopping eight away teams victories this round:

Chiefs @ Eagles -- Hard pick, but I think the Eagles will rally around the home crowd.

Texans @ Ravens -- Texans want to prove they are the best of the AFC & this isn't last year's Ravens.

Giants @ Panthers -- Someone has to go 0-3 after this game; Giants will just want/need the win more.

Lions @ Redskins -- Another hard one, RG III is good, but the Lions have more weapons.

Chargers @ Titans -- Chargers shown they have the offense.

Cardinals @ Saints -- Cardinals are improving, but the Saints are looking excellent

Buccaneers @ Patriots -- Bucs are imploding, so they will lose to injury plagued Patriots.

Packers @ Bengals -- Bengals are good at home against AFC North but history loses to Rogers.

Rams @ Cowboys -- Another hard pick, but Cowboys are looking more polished.

Browns @ Vikings -- Browns basically admitted with trade "not this year"

Falcons @ Dolphins -- Dolpines are overachieving, this ends against more talented Falcons.

Bills @ Jets -- Both have a long way to go, but Bills shown they are better than originally thought.

Colts @ 49ers -- 49ers are just too good to lose two in a row, especially now they are back home.

Jaguars @ Seahawks -- This even a game?

Bears @ Steelers -- Steelers are reeling, if Bears score early, they'll be on their heels all game.

Raiders @ Broncos -- Raiders are looking better, but Broncos are a mile above them... In talent.

I am either genius, or I am crazy. :catbug:

once again,me and taco are the only ones who trust the dolphins :razz:

Mind you, I do it out of <3 and they've broken my heart so many times...sniff.. (Glances at the TV) and I really need to stop picking those Eagles. :-|

Alright guys, bonus pick (doesn't count)

Who will score more touchdowns, the Jaguars offense, or the Seahawks defense.

I choose, Jaguars offense.

Seahawk's defense will score more!

Seahawks D- they will score one TD, while they won't give one up. Maybe a pair of field goals.

I am thinking Boby Wagner 12-yard INT return for a TD early in the game. It will make the game 14-0 with 11:23 left in the first.

Archived