Dolphins @ Jets

Falcons @ Bills

Rams @ 49ers

Bengals @ Chargers

Broncos @ Chiefs

Giants @ Redskins

Saints @ Seahawks.

Yes, I picked the Chiefs.

Well I dunno if I am allowed to participate at all this week, or if missing the first three will ruin my chances for the year. Still here is hoping and my picks for Sunday:

Titans @ Colts

Jaguars @ Browns

Buccaneers @ Panthers

Bears @ Vikings

Patriots @ Texans

Cardinals @ Eagles

Dolphins @ Jets

Falcons @ Bills

Rams @ 49ers

Bengals @ Chargers

Broncos @ Chiefs

Giants @ Redskins

Saints @ Seahawks

If the redskins win, mojo wins the week

If the giants win, tacobob wins the week

Here's week 14:

no byes, picks due thursday at 6pm

Texans @ Jaguars

Colts @ Bengals

Browns @ Patriots

Raiders @ Jets

Chiefs @ Redskins

Vikings @ Ravens

Falcons @ Packers

Bills @ Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Steelers

Lions @ Eagles

Titans @ Broncos

Rams @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ 49ers

Giants @ Chargers

Panthers @ Saints

Cowboys @ Bears

Wooh! Go Giants!

Texans @ Jaguars

Colts @ Bengals

Browns @ Patriots

Raiders @ Jets

Chiefs @ Redskins

Vikings @ Ravens

Falcons @ Packers

Bills @ Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Steelers (Can they PLEASE play like they did against the Jets?) :-|

Lions @ Eagles

Titans @ Broncos

Rams @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ 49ers

Giants @ Chargers

Panthers @ Saints (This is gonna be a good one!)

Cowboys @ Bears

Texans @ Jaguars

Colts @ Bengals

Browns @ Patriots

Raiders @ Jets

Chiefs @ Redskins

Vikings @ Ravens

Falcons @ Packers

Bills @ Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Steelers

Lions @ Eagles

Titans @ Broncos

Rams @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ 49ers

Giants @ Chargers

Panthers @ Saints

Cowboys @ Bear

OP is updated.

Ok....

Playoffs.

We will be doing playoffs. In order to be in the playoffs, the cutoff is 6 players. So basically the six regulars will be in (unless Undercover can hijack Raridash/Rarity/Trixie/whatever's spot). The playoffs will consist of a head to head pick system in which the top two seeds get a bye while the other 4 head to head by picking the wildcard games by margin, which means they not only will pick a winning team for each game, but will also predict the margin of victory for those games. This will minimize tiebreakers. If a tiebreaker still happens, I guess we'll flip a coin (hopefully that doesn't happen). The winners will go on to the next week where they match up against the byes and predict the margins for the divisional round. The two winners there will then face each other in our final, which will consist of predicting margins in both championship games, and the Superbowl.

If you're confused let me draw an example:

lets say we have 4 wildcard games.

A @ B

C @ D

E @ F

G @ H

Albert makes his picks:

A @ B - A by 7

C @ D - D by 6

E @ F - F by 1

G @ H - H by 15

And Bessy makes her picks:

A @ B - B by 8

C @ D - C by 7

E @ F - F by 10

G @ H - H by 1

And lets say the actual scores end up:

A 31 (+6) B 25

C 41 (+4) D 37

E 14 F 30 (+16)

G 7 H 38 (+31)

Afterwards, its easily seen that both players end with a 3-1 record. but their margins are completely different. In the A/B game, Albert's margin was better than Bessy's by 14 points (because Albert was off by 1 point, and Bessy was off by 15 points). In the C/D game, Bessy's margin was better than Albert's by 7 (Albert off by 10, Bessy off by 3).

So after the first two games, Albert is winning by 7.

The last two games, both players predicted the correct winner, but lets see how their margins hold up. In E/F, Albert was off by 15, while Bessy was off by 6, so Bessy gets a 9 point advantage, bring her ahead of Albert by 2 points. The last game, G/H, Albert was off by 14, but Bessy was off by 30! That gives Albert 16 points on her, for a total win of +14 against his opponent.

Yes, I know, its a bit confusing. Hear me out:

What I like about this system:

-rarely ties

-still a good test of predicting games, maybe moreso than what we've been doing.

-its fair, despite it's confusing arithmetic, assuming the math is correct, the right person is usually awarded the top spot.

-it makes every game count (no easy wins, or as I like to call them, 'no games')

What I don't like about this system:

-its a little annoying to deal with the numbers, but I can do it.

-its not the system we've been using, so why use it now? (because if we did straight picks, there would often be a tie.)

-for best results, the picks need to be handled by a third party to keep people from "one upping" like they do on The Price is Right

So what do you think?

If you absolutely hate this idea, my alternative program would involve drafting pickings. A draft designed to assign teams to the players that want them more.

So like if Albert and Bessy were head to head in the wildcard week, Whoever is top seed gets to pick a game first, and whoever they pick to lose becomes the other player's team to win. The draft system would be ABBA, which the top seed having the choice to defer to BAAB if they want to. The problem with this, is that a 2-2 is still very possible, even though two players picked entirely different teams. (of course, it would also make it impossible to tie the final round of three games which is kind of nice)

What do you guys think? I think the number of players (six) is non-negotiable, but everhthing else is WIP. Tell me what you think.

Whats that? You're not in the playoffs probably? NO FRET!!

After Week 17, the playoffs start, but as a group we will still have one more round of picks. The playoffs will have 11 games, and everyone is invited to straight pick them, like we have all season. But this is not a championship round, its really just another week. And if playoff players wish to pick opposite what they are doing in the playoff picks, they may do so if they wish. So even if you aren't in the playoffs, you can still participate in straight picks during the entirety of the NFL playoffs. If people want, we can even do something for the nutty Pro Bowl game. (I predict Team Rice wins 87-65)

Oh yeah, they changed the Pro Bowl format. Go here for more info: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000224059/article/nfl-nflpa-announce-significant-changes-to-pro-bowl

As River mentioned above it is time to think about the playoffs. Of course before the actual playoffs begin, let us have some fun and predict who will make it to the post-season. This isn't a contest like our weekly picks or the upcoming post season picks, just some fun discussion about who you think will be in and in what seed.

Now the regular season is three-quarters over we have a fairly good idea what the playoffs would look like, here is what they would be if the season ended right now:

NFC:

Who would be in:

1 - Seattle 11-1 (NFC West Champ)* - They would have first round bye, home field throughout the playoffs

2 - New Orleans 9-3 (NFC South Champ) - They would have first round bye as division champ because of better common games win percentage over Carolina

3 - Detroit 7-5 (NFC North Champ) - Wins tie breaker over Dallas due to head-to-head win.

4 - Dallas 7-5 (NFC East Champ) - Wins tie breaker over Eagles due to head-to-head win.

5 - Carolina 9-3 - Wild Card

6 - San Francisco 8-4 - Wild Card

Who is still in contention:

7. Philadelphia 7-5 - Holds tie breaker over Arizona due to head-to-head win

8. Arizona 7-5

9. Chicago 6-6

10. Green Bay 5-6-1

11. NY Giants 5-7 - Wins tie break over St. Louis based on best win percentage in conference games.

12. St. Louis 5-7

Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Washington just don't matter at this point.

AFC:

Who would be in:

1 - Denver 10-2 (AFC West Champ) - They would have first round bye, home field throughout the playoffs

2 - New England 9-3 (AFC East Champ) - They would have first round bye as division champ

3 - Indianapolis 8-4 (AFC South Champ) - Wins tie breaker over Cincinnati based on best win percentage in conference games.

4 - Cincinnati 8-4 (AFC North Champ)

5 - Kansas City 9-3 - Wild Card

6 - Baltimore 6-6 - Wild Card - Holds tie breaker over Miami due to head-to-head win

Who is still in contention:

7. Miami 6-6

8. Tennessee 5-7 - Wins tie break over NY Jets, Pittsburgh and San Diego based on head-to-head sweep.

9. Pittsburgh 5-7 - Wins tie break over NY Jets and San Diego based on best win percentage in conference games.

10. San Diego 5-7 - Wins tie break over NY Jets based on best win percentage in conference games.

11. NY Jets 5-7

12. Oakland 4-8 - Wins tie break over Buffalo and Cleveland based on best win percentage in conference games..

13. Cleveland 4-8 - Wins tie break over Buffalo based on head-to-head win percentage.

14. Buffalo 4-8

Jacksonville and Houston just don't matter.

* Seattle is in no matter what happens in the final four weeks.

Of course at this point so much can still change. Really only Seattle, Denver, New England, and Indy are relatively safe when it comes to winning their divisions, and add New Orleans and Carolina win it comes to being relatively safe just to get in the playoffs, everyone else is really up in the air. Let us look closer!

NFC West: Seattle has such a commanding lead here, although three of their last four games are division games. Only way for them to lose the division is to go 0-4 and San Francisco to go 3-1 (or Arizona going 4-0). If Seattle wins next week at San Francisco, they win the division; they current have an effective three game lead in the conference as well. San Fran controls their own destiny when it comes to getting in the playoffs, and this stays true even if they lose to Seattle next week, although such a loss may set up a win or go home game at the end of the year with Arizona (provided both teams do well otherwise).

NFC South: The division to watch! Both New Orleans and Carolina are 9-3 and they play each other twice in these last four weeks. Both teams could easily beat their other two opponents so these two rivalry games will most likely be the decider (and oh so fun to watch).

NFC North: Detroit has essentially a two game lead in this division, so it is theirs to take. Historically though Detroit has one of the worst December records around (even worse than the Dallas one people keep talking about). Two of their last four are against other real playoff contenders (Philly and Baltimore). Sadly for Chicago they will have to win two more games than Detroit these last four weeks to win the division (same with Green Bay).

NFC East: Another exciting race to the finish with both Dallas and Philly having 7-5 records and play each other again at the end of the year. Currently Dallas holds the tie breaker, so Philly has to be as good or better than their Texas counterparts leading up to that final showdown. Both teams have to go through a gauntlet of games that can easily go either way. Philly's one "grace", if you can call it that, is Dallas' historically bad December record. For New York, it have to be essentially 4-0 and a lot of help.

AFC West: Denver has an effective two game lead here with four to go, they really would have to falter now for the division not to be theirs. Fortunately they have a relatively soft schedule from here on out; their grasp on the conference lead though is tenuous, with the Pats right on their heels. Kansas City has their playoff destiny in their hands although their division crown hopes depends on Denver really falling apart now, an unlikely scenario at best San Diego & Oakland have to do 4-0 and just hope for the best to even have a chance this year.

AFC South: All Indy has to do is win one more time this year and they will win the division thanks to their effective four game lead (as they swept the Titans); as they have two cupcakes on their remaining schedule, it is safe to say the division is theirs. The Titans still have a real shot at a sixth seed but will have to be at least 3-1 from here on out, which is actually possible (although not probable) given their schedule. Houston & Jacksonville are there just to compete for who goes first in next year's draft.

AFC North: Cincinnati has the lead but it isn't as great of one as it may appear. Although they technically have a two game lead, it is really only one over Baltimore, who holds the tie-breaker. The Bengals still have two division games to go through against teams fighting for their playoff lives. Baltimore has the sixth seed currently, but it is a tenuous hold, even so they can still win the division provide they win one more game than the Bengals going into their showdown at the end of the year, the Pats stand in the way of that though. Pittsburgh basically has to do the 4-0 run and even then can only hope; Cleveland has to do the same, but their chances are even more fleeting.

AFC East: The Pats hold a commanding lead here with an effective four game lead over Miami (due to tie-breaker), if they win two more games, the division is theirs. As they essentially have their division locked, New England can look to greater goals; they hold the tie-breaker over Denver although the former still holds their own density in their hands for home-field advantage but don't be surprised if the Pats walk away with at least the bye week. Miami is still dreaming, and they have a real chance given how much the sixth seed is up in the air. In two weeks they play the Pats, their greatest hurdle that remains, even with a lost there they still have a shot. For the Jets and Buffalo their situations are very precarious, 4-0 are a must and even then, a whole lot would have to go their ways, a whole lot.

So what do you all think? Who will likely get in and at what position, and who will have to watch at home?

Week 14

Texans @ Jaguars

Colts @ Bengals

Browns @ Patriots

Raiders @ Jets

Chiefs @ Redskins

Vikings @ Ravens

Falcons @ Packers

Bills @ Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Steelers

Lions @ Eagles

Titans @ Broncos

Rams @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ 49ers

Giants @ Chargers

Panthers @ Saints

Cowboys @ Bears

P.S., River, I like your idea for a playoff system!

Texans @ Jaguars

Colts @ Bengals

Browns @ Patriots

Raiders @ Jets

Chiefs @ Redskins

Vikings @ Ravens

Falcons @ Packers

Bills @ Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Steelers

Lions @ Eagles

Titans @ Broncos

Rams @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ 49ers

Giants @ Chargers

Panthers @ Saints

Cowboys @ Bears

Im thinking:

AFC

1. Patriots (13-3)

2. Broncos (13-3)

3. Bengals (11-5)

4. Colts (10-6)

5. Chiefs (12-4)

6. Dolphins (9-6)

NFC

1. Seahawks (15-1)

2. Panthers (13-3)

3. Lions (9-6)

4. Cowboys (9-6)

5. Saints (11-5)

6. 49ers (11-5)

Texans get awarded the first pick overall in the 2014 NFL players draft.

Bengals beat Dolphins

Colts beat Chiefs

49ers beat Lions

Saints beat Cowboys

Patriots beat Colts

Broncos beat Bengals

Seahawks beat 49ers

Panthers beat Saints

Broncos beat Patriots

Seahawks beat Panthers

and then...

Seahawks beat Broncos

of course, if this happens, all bets are off by the superbowl ;) This includes me and Steel not being friends for two weeks.

Texans @ Jaguars

Colts @ Bengals

Browns @ Patriots

Raiders @ Jets

Chiefs @ Redskins

Vikings @ Ravens

Falcons @ Packers

Bills @ Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Steelers

Lions @ Eagles

Titans @ Broncos

Rams @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ 49ers

Giants @ Chargers

Panthers @ Saints

Cowboys @ Bears

Texans @ Jaguars - So much cupcaking, even Rarity looks tough in comparison! :scream:

Colts @ Bengals - The Colts have Luck, to bad his offense keeps letting him down.

Browns @ Patriots - Cleveland is running straight into a buzzsaw at the wrong time.

Raiders @ Jets - The Raiders are playing competitive ball, the Jets... Not so much.

Chiefs @ Redskins - The Redskins are so self-destructive, how can the Chiefs not break their losing skid?

Vikings @ Ravens - The Vikings are playing better, but the Ravens offense will be too much for them.

Falcons @ Packers - Without Rogers, it'll be close, with him, it won't even be a contest.

Bills @ Buccaneers - Where were these Bucs, say six weeks ago?

Dolphins @ Steelers - Atrocious linebackers, poor road record, Miami will lose this one, Baltimore thanks you.

Lions @ Eagles - Tight game but the Lions will find a way to lose this one.

Titans @ Broncos - Denver may be on an emotional low after the last three weeks, for about one quarter.

Rams @ Cardinals - The Card's D will give them the edge here as they look for that wild card spot.

Seahawks @ 49ers - Upset alert! Expect one more bump in the road for the Seahwaks on their way to glory.

Giants @ Chargers - The Giants are usually surprising in December, but too many weapons for the Chargers.

Panthers @ Saints - Angry Saints will defend their house but it won't be easy!

Cowboys @ Bears - I am loyal to my team, what can I say?

Texans @ Jaguars - So much cupcaking, even Rarity looks tough in comparison! :scream:

That is very offensive. I mean come on, the Jaguars aren't that bad. :smug:

Texans @ Jaguars

Colts @ Bengals

Browns @ Patriots

Raiders @ Jets

Chiefs @ Redskins

Vikings @ Ravens

Falcons @ Packers

Bills @ Buccaneers

Dolphins @ Steelers

Lions @ Eagles

Titans @ Broncos

Rams @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ 49ers

Giants @ Chargers

Panthers @ Saints

Cowboys @ Bears

Dolphins @ Steelers - Atrocious linebackers, poor road record, Miami will lose this one, Baltimore thanks you.

Ha! :lol: What a freaking crazy game that was. Could my Dolphins actually make it to the playoffs? :kissy:

Ha! :lol: What a freaking crazy game that was. Could my Dolphins actually make it to the playoffs? :kissy:

Maybe, but Baltimore also won, therefore retaining the sixth seed.

Also read my playoff analysis from before on what I felt were Miami's chances. :P

Also read my playoff analysis from before on what I felt were Miami's chances. :razz:

Lemme see...Words...all those words! Makes head hurt!

Still, if my Dolphins finish with a winning record, I'll be a happy camper. Playoffs or not.

its between Brian and Steel in tonights game.

For everyone else, here's week 15:

due on Thursday at 6pm

Chargers @ Broncos

Redskins @ Falcons

49ers @ Buccaneers

Seahawks @ Giants

Eagles @ Vikings

Patriots @ Dolphins

Bills @ Jaguars

Texans @ Colts

Bears @ Browns

Chiefs @ Raiders