Official Discussion Thread - S04E08 Rarity Takes Manehattan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but did anypony else think that this should have been a scene in the episode:

i_quit__by_muffinshire-d7103d6.png

(Image belongs to Muffinshire)

I'm sorry, but did anypony else think that this should have been a scene in the episode:

(Image belongs to Muffinshire)

Love me some Muffinshire...(The strips with Twilight's first day is INCREDIBLY cute) But ouch. How coffee in the face would probably get her arrested pretty quickly.

Just saw this episide last night, sadly, but I do have some thoughts:

As always, A rarity episodes does not fail to impress me. (Honestly kinda suprising but I've yet to see a rarity epp I didnt like). Great song, great story, and several

interesting morals that get presented (including the less-obvious one about knowing your friends and understanding when they're not at their best/nicest (i.e. when rarity

treated the others like trots after they agreed to help her, but, as twilight said "...but we know you" and they knew she was stressed and not thinking straight)

Few other thoughts:

-Manehattan = NYC (O_o)

-As hinted at before, rarity is LOADED (giving out what is apparently the equivolent to $100 bills)

-Loved Dash's "you gotta be kidding me" expression when rarity bursts into song

-Also loved the AJ/Dash reversal near the end since usually Dash is the brutally-honest one (and if we go waaaaay back so S1 an oddly similar sentiment happened during one of rarity's breakdowns, but it was Dash who was snarky "She kidna is!")

-ANIMATION ERROR! During the song, while fixing the taxi's wheel, the driver's cutiemark doesnt move when he does in one scene (somone forgot to bind their layers together!)

-Several nice call-backs, especially with previous background ponies (Photo Finish, Hoity Toity, Fancy Pants)

-Spike seemed a little less head-over-heals about rarity (though still nice enough to carry all her bags) Character Development?

Overall, loved the episode, really nothing I can complain about certainly one of my favorites even if not #1 (Still gotta be "Sonic Rainboom" with "Sleepless in Ponyville" being #2)

Archived