Favorite thing Discord said

ShiningBlade

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"

[about Twilight after she takes another swig of Zecora's potion] "Oh, I do hope she breaks into a song this time!"

I love it when the characters take notice of their tendency to break into song.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine would have to be this part.

Discord: Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing. (fills glass from top to bottom with chocolate milk)

Twilight: Not as wonderful as friendship.

Discord: oh, this again? (Drinks glass and throws chocolate milk behind him making an explosion)

Hmmm probably the line he said to Applejack back in the S2 pilot.

"When all the truth does is make your heart ache, sometimes a lie is easier to take."

I'm not entirely certain why I like this line so much. Perhaps because it's the truth to some extend?

"Did you miss me, Celestia? I missed you. It's quite lonely being encased in stone, but you wouldn't know that, would you, because I don't turn ponies into stone."

This is also one of my favorites, not entirely sure why here either but I just love the dark humor in this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh goodness, Discord is my favorite character right behind Twilight, where do I begin? We-ell I think his introduction episodes had some of his best lines -- which is not to say everything he says isn't awesome, of course.

Rainbow Dash: I'll always be loyal to the princess!

Discord: We'll see about that.

"Keep trying, Twilight Sparkle. Maybe the 'magic of friendship' can help you." -- the sarcastic way he says maaagic of friedshi~ip is just awesomely snarky and fun.

"Twilight! You've got to see what I just did!" Oh yes, Discord. Twilight really wants to see what you just did.

Discord: Chaos is a wonderful thing!

Twilight: Not as wonderful as friendship!

Discord: Ugh. This again.

Oh, Discord... never change! <3

• 3 weeks later...

Twilight: i'll tell you what we've learned Discord friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for!

Discord: ooh gag

Discord: where is that dear sweet Fluttershy? i need some care! i need attention! i need.......!

RD: you need.... to chill.

Discord. Is. Awesome.

• 1 month later...

Hard to choose just one line. But the two best from his premiere, were the epic, ominous laugh you hear from within his statue before the opening, and his line, 'Did you miss me Celestia. *flash*. I missed you.' And not for shipping reasosn, mind you, I just loved the deliverence and screen animation that went with it.

Archived