After much digging I found an end image from the next episode, enlarged for Ashton's pleasure:

Rainbow_dash_out_of_nowhere_by_fabulouspony-d4284sa.png

I laughed so hard at that, but so appropriate :P<3

Ovreall, great episode, really enjoyed it, though I think the fanon name "snowflake" was a lot better (if slightly less appropriate) than Bulk Biceps. Also loved seeing the WB and them being major characters. Loved the moral being delivered, little sad that Scootaloo didnt come to cheer on Dash, but I'm going to assume she had school that day or else she would ahve been there. :halo:

Reading over the comments, I feel like an idiot that only now did I figure out that the Thread/Pin are likely 2 of the "keys" to the chest from 402 (and that revelation only came to me when I realized we're nearly halfway through the season and we've seen no actual "key-shaped" keys (I was seriously expecting to have stories that ended with them getting a key-shaped-key with their cutiemark as either the teeth or the handle) Also for those of you who felt the whole thing was forced, I say, repeat the MST3K Mantra! "It's just a show, I should really just relax"

Also for your amusement, before I watched the episode I speculated on the title: Wheather it was about a location "Rainbow (water)falls" or about another kind of fall "Rainbow (Dash) Falls (from grace)" Turns out I was right on both, though in the end Dash of course picked herself back up. Proving that even without the Element of Harmony to drive the point home, Dash is STILL Loyalty incarnate. :20:

Little dissapointed we didnt see the team practicing with derpy, that would have been hilarious. Also a hair dissapointed we didnt get a Sonic Rainboom at the end of the qualifying race, I was absolutely expecting it to happen when she hit those clouds!

Few other random thoughts:

-Derpy is apparently mute now :(

-More Griffens! With different colors!

-Dash is a dramaqueen as bad or worse than rarity (not only her act from her "injuries" but did anypony else notice dash didnt mind ponies touching her hooves (both in passing the "baton" and when she was with the WB and they polished them up)? Clearly she lied about it before just because she felt having a hooficure was "too girly"

-Soarin is officially NOT retarded as some fans speculated!

-Wonderbolts are impressed AGAIN with Dash (gawd, if they read the letters twilight had written to celestia, they'd be worshiping her...) I have no doubt by the series finale Dash WILL be a wonderbolt (unless it becomes a "join the wonderbolts, or give up my dreams for my friends" in which case she will turn them down)

Overall, a great episode, glad to see we're getting a huge over-arching plot again like back in S1.

Did anyone notice how Rarity popped up Pinkie Pie style on the train? Ashton: I was totally expecting a rainboom, too, during that part. Such disappointment! I think Bulk would have been delivered way better if they kept his lines to "YEAH!"

Soarin isn't retarded, but the character name is a nod toward Amy Keating Rogers' son, who has special needs. That's a big reason Derpygate really hit home on her -- she's the last person who would ever try to ostracize that population. I'm glad Derpy is back. I think this episode in particular is not the worst of this season (or series; that's reserved for Mare Do Well), but it's the type that has potential to grow on you with repeated watchings.

Here's something else to think about: this episode even moreso than many of the others this season, was deffinatly a "brony" episode - none of the fan favorites were left out (except trixie) we even got bulk "snowflake" biceps, derpy, flitter, thunderlane... the only thing missing were the CMC, even derpy made a return. Part of the reason for the "silly" team of Bulk + flutters + Dash was purely to give an excuse to have fluttershy and bulk in the episode (though in-universe, flutters might not be such a bad choice, remember hwo when pushed to her limit she exceeded her max wingpower back in HF, not only is she Dash's Best-friend/"sister" but in a pinch she can really pull through, and Dash might be counting on that.)

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like more and more of the episodes this season seem to be spicifically geared towards the bronies (though still remaining kid-friendly) --- not that this is a bad thing, though it does seem to be influencing the writing (and while I'm still mostly happy with the stories, a lot of ppl seem to be less than happy)

Here's something else to think about: this episode even moreso than many of the others this season, was deffinatly a "brony" episode - none of the fan favorites were left out (except trixie) we even got bulk "snowflake" biceps, derpy, flitter, thunderlane... the only thing missing were the CMC, even derpy made a return. Part of the reason for the "silly" team of Bulk + flutters + Dash was purely to give an excuse to have fluttershy and bulk in the episode (though in-universe, flutters might not be such a bad choice, remember hwo when pushed to her limit she exceeded her max wingpower back in HF, not only is she Dash's Best-friend/"sister" but in a pinch she can really pull through, and Dash might be counting on that.)

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like more and more of the episodes this season seem to be spicifically geared towards the bronies (though still remaining kid-friendly) --- not that this is a bad thing, though it does seem to be influencing the writing (and while I'm still mostly happy with the stories, a lot of ppl seem to be less than happy)

my thoughts exactly i this mostly this season as a whole is try to pay us some good mind so it will be this and Season 5 geared towards us but still keeping the core kid friendly thing

Gosh, a lot of us and I love those cheerleaders, they're just so pretty and make us feel like dating them. The green one does borrow the color scheme from G1's Fizzy pony. And the blue one, almost like a cousin to Cloudchaser maybe?

By the way, did anyone notice we got Berry Punch's twin pegasus sister? :o

Gosh, a lot of us and I love those cheerleaders, they're just so pretty and make us feel like dating them. The green one does borrow the color scheme from G1's Fizzy pony. And the blue one, almost like a cousin to Cloudchaser maybe?

What's funny is untill the group photo at hte end I had no idea the purple cheerleader was Twilight >.<

I had a thought. What if Fluttershy demonstrates kindness while on the team, and this episode leads up to that?

It wouldn't suprise me for her to give up a gold medal to help save a pony who was hurt and it be her challenge.

Who can resists cheerleaders? :) Even Flash cannot escape Twilight's prettiness when she wear that outfit.

But did you know that Pinkie wear topless while the other cheerleaders all have tops. :o Oh my! Nothing personal here, I'm just saying they all look pretty when they're all wearing the uniform in full.

I kind of wish it so when the choices they make don't make it difficult when Bulk Biceps could have gone well with weightlifting. It seems for some reason he's not at his best in this episode when Wonderbolt Academy he seems to fly well without being tire out or something. Fluttershy? I'm not sure what kind of sports she do, even as simple as running 100m sprint still don't do well for her. Unless if there's any bicycle events.

I think they tried too hard with Bulk Biceps. First half of the episode was kinda weak and expected. Also RD's idols acting that way just seemed to step on Rainbow's canon, though they did clear stuff up with that at the end.

Everything from Derpy's appearance onward was amazing.

The rainbow wigs and cheer from her friends was great. There was also a touching moment of Raridash when she tied a purple bow on Rainbow's hoof. That made me grin like crazy, and I'm sure Raridash was doing so as well. Also the ending with the pin. More subplot!

I like Twilight's message: avoiding both choices isn't making a choice at all. First half of the episode: 3 out of 10. Second half: 8 out of 10.

Seconded on all accounts. Kinda wack in a lot of places, but not wack with a few great things.

Really kinda disliking the Wonderbolts though. If keeping Spitfire's voice like that wasn't enough, they really boned the characterization and the initial image we were presented with when it came to them. I thought they cared about their own but that was savage how they did Soarin and tried to grab Dash. It should have been a friendly competition by this point.

Also, Dash got seriously gimped for being the leader of the Weather Team in Ponyville. She could have HAD Thunderlane. Or anypony that could qualify as a winning team instead of it just being her that carries them through so she can eat all the spotlight up. The attitude behind that reeks of S1 RD without fail.

Twilight was definitely my favorite thing about this episode, which has been kind of a rarity this season. All things considered, the moral was still pretty good. The execution could have been better handled imo though.

I thought Bulk's problem was making it through the hoops. He might have pure power but he seems to lack finesse.

Really I think the explanation makes sense. Fluttershy has gotten over at least some of her performance anxiety and the explanation that they can qualify by relying on Rainbow Dash makes sense. Putting three strong flyers on the team and not qualifying in two other events when they can qualify with an average team is illogical

Ponyville still seem fine although barely as based on the timer it was shown. Bulk had no problem when he flies fast as in Wonderbolt Academy and let's not forget Hurricane Fluttershy, but it's hard to understand why he perform badly in this episode. Odd & strange. :o

No hoops, but what I mean is his speed and performance.

Unless if my theory is correct, when he's so big, he'll move slowly. Imagine from WWE's The Big Show & Mark Henry, they maybe strong but they're not flexible to move fast, same case for Team Fortress 2's Heavy.

Really kinda disliking the Wonderbolts though. If keeping Spitfire's voice like that wasn't enough, they really boned the characterization and the initial image we were presented with when it came to them. I thought they cared about their own but that was savage how they did Soarin and tried to grab Dash. It should have been a friendly competition by this point.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And the whole "oh, you sure showed us that loyalty is important" thing at the end wasn't very convincing either. :roll:

Oh well. At least I finally got to use an Applejack emoticon.

No hoops, but what I mean is his speed and performance.

Unless if my theory is correct, when he's so big, he'll move slowly. Imagine from WWE's The Big Show & Mark Henry, they maybe strong but they're not flexible to move fast, same case for Team Fortress 2's Heavy.

I think its possible he could fly faster if he didn't have to worry about fitting through the hoops He has to slow down to make it

Archived