Sports Bronies

Devils2666

The NBA Playoffs are painstakingly long, IMO. But the owners would never agree to make the playoffs 5 game series, especially since they can't even agree on terms as of now. And right now, the rumor is that if they can come to an agreement soon and get the NBA season rollin', they might cram the schedule to preserve the 82 games per team schedule. I don't know how hard it'll be though. They can't afford to stretch it because the 2012 Summer Olympic games are gonna own the TV ratings in July and August.

The earliest the NBA season can start is December 1st, provided they manage an agreement in the next few days; there is no way they are going to get an 82 game schedule (not that the NBA needs 82 games).

Another thing that I don't like much about the American sports systems is the lack of relegation/promotion. That really adds a whole new level to the competition, and there is effectively two tournaments within one. Teams fight to win and teams fight to not lose.

That also leads to the development of the sport as other cities get a chance to compete in the big league as opposed to the same thing every year and it gives young players more chances to play in those leagues. Youth academies are everything to sports.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

why did i skip this message totally?

no, he was a pilot on the local Argentinian touring series. There was a serious uproar regarding safety measures there as well (extending to all south american countries also)

Well, hopefully more tragedies can be prevented.

It's still been way too many.

I played sideline wide-out for football all 4 years of High School. Didn't play much, though. Or practice, really. Coach always did have his favorite 12, and the rest of us just kinda sat there and went "Oh. That was a nice play... Hey, he caught it. Nice. Oh, practice is over. See you tomorrow"

However wrestling is a different story. Wrestled at 152 all four years, and ended up a captain my senior year. I LOVED wrestling. Everything about it. I would've joined the team here at my university, but I have enough on my plate with academics and military training as is.

As for watching sports, I don't keep track as much as I'd like. It shows too, seeing as I'll only talk about maybe one or two games an entire football or hockey season... and that's all. But I do like sports :3

Curling in the winter

"Epic Frisbee" in the summer. This is a game my friends made up and have been refining over the past couple of summers. It is Ultimate Frisbee adapted to players in kayaks on a lake.

Also, my Lions are one victory away from clinching their first playoff game since...something depressing like 1999.

Curling in the winter

"Epic Frisbee" in the summer. This is a game my friends made up and have been refining over the past couple of summers. It is Ultimate Frisbee adapted to players in kayaks on a lake.

Also, my Lions are one victory away from clinching their first playoff game since...something depressing like 1999.

WOW! Someone else who enjoys curling. I admit, I've never actually done it myself, but I've always wanted to try. You ever see this:

curls.png

• Like 1

WOW! Someone else who enjoys curling. I admit, I've never actually done it myself, but I've always wanted to try. You ever see this:

curls.png

Must...Focus...on...cuteness...and ...ignore...

threecolorsofstoneshorsehairbroomssmallcirclesandtheeaglesweepingoutsidethepathofthestone

Honestly the most disturbing part is the horsehair brooms. They are obsolete, and kinda creepy if you are an equine.

Must...Focus...on...cuteness...and ...ignore...

threecolorsofstoneshorsehairbroomssmallcirclesandtheeaglesweepingoutsidethepathofthestone

Honestly the most disturbing part is the horsehair brooms. They are obsolete, and kinda creepy if you are an equine.

Hey, but cheap! Just save it after you get your mane cut. As for obsolete, well, the setting is like olden-days-esque, right?

Maybe the eagle just sucks at the game.

As for the rest, yeah, I noticed those too.