Hello

crumpton

Hello, my username is Crumpton. I've been an MLP: F is M fan after watching the entire first season. I assure you I am not a troll fan, I am a legitimate fan, nor am I a fan that just likes it because it's all girly and stuff.

I've been looking for a forum like this for a few days and it's nice to finally find one.

Here's hoping for some good times! :D

EDIT: Hmmm...can't seem to post an app for a new pony. I've read over the rules and find nothing that explains this. Help for the newb? :(

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.

The reason you can't post is that there's a rule here that you have to post five time in the introductions section before you can post anywhere else.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.

The reason you can't post is that there's a rule here that you have to post five time in the introductions section before you can post anywhere else.

:D we got that up at the same time. wow.

I'm still fairly new as well, so I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think there really is much of an overall plot to the RPs here. For me so far, it's pretty much just having my characters interact with others people's characters without much of any greater plot going on around them. It's been really pretty easy to just jump into things without having to really study older RP threads.

I can't think of too much like that, at least not that I've come across. Just make sure you've read the stuff in the Getting Started section and you should pretty much be set.

Told twice? I feel honored.

And thank you for the information, both of you. lol

So...what's the general plot point here? Backstory? Any major plots that I wasn't here for?

Don't wanna jump right in and mess something up.

Greetings! I see folks already covered the whole five post thing, its really do to guard against bots. Anyway, most of the general questions are answered in the Getting Started section of the forum, but you have any specific questions, please fire away. :D

As for the RP, it is divided into two general areas: The Mane RP and the Crossover RP. The Mane RP is basically present Equestria and works to adhere to the canon of the show but otherwise free form. The Crossover RP is more open and can have RP deep in the past, or the future, or some alternate present or crossover with other shows, etc. Or just as a test bed for new ideas.

As for the RP, it is divided into two general areas: The Mane RP and the Crossover RP. The Mane RP is basically present Equestria and works to adhere to the canon of the show but otherwise free form. The Crossover RP is more open and can have RP deep in the past, or the future, or some alternate present or crossover with other shows, etc. Or just as a test bed for new ideas.

What exactly goes down usually in the crossover RP section? Is it usually just a bunch of ponies and other random animated characters runnin around, interactin, stuff like that, or is it more organized and rule-based, like The Mane RP (which, BTW, is a pretty interesting play on words)?

What exactly goes down usually in the crossover RP section? Is it usually just a bunch of ponies and other random animated characters runnin around, interactin, stuff like that, or is it more organized and rule-based, like The Mane RP (which, BTW, is a pretty interesting play on words)?

The details on the crossover RP are here, the rules for all the different RPs are here. For the cross over RP, it is organized as far as past, present, and future. I guess a good but wild example is that you could have a terminator pony in the crossover RP running around, although I dunno if anyone made anything that odd yet. Basically anything that won't fit into the normal, mane RP. There are universal rules for all RP though: no sex and no gore, keep it PG-13.

From what Ive found just looking through the getting started section and asking around, ManeRP is for the ponies that fit the template they set up, working within the "canon" for the actual show. Crossover seems to be the catch-all for "other", people making x-overs of MLP/stargate, /half-life, /etc. or playing "what-if" alternate histories with MLP. A fair number of my eventuial planned characters will likely end up in Crossover... :D

I see that somepony here apparently has the same "grooming for bigger things" vibe I do about the crazy adventures Celestia puts Twilight through, since one of the sub-groups of crossover is Equestria 1000 years from "now", under the rule of Princess Twilight... 8-)