Season One's Best Song

Which song from season 1 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the best overall?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which song from season 1 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the best overall?

• Opening Theme Song
    • Giggle At the Ghostly (From "Friendship is Magic: Part 2")
    • Hush Now, Quiet Now (From "Stare Master")
    • Evil Enchantress (From "Bridle Gossip")
    • Winter Wrap Up (From "Winter Wrap Up")
    • Art of the Dress (From "Suited for Success")
    • The Cutie Mark Crusaders (From "The Show Stoppers")
    • You Gotta Share, You Gotta Care (From "Over a Barrel")
    • What A Magical Place (What is This Place?) (From "The Cutie Mark Chronicles")
    • At the Gala (From "The Best Night Ever")

I know I may have made up some of the titles to the songs, that's just my two cents.

I also know that 7 of these 10 songs wont even be close to being the best song. But I thought I'd list them anyways so that people could vote for their favorite, even if it's obscure. Also, I didn't want to allow people to vote for 2 or 3, because they would probably pick the same songs.

Let's see which song is truly the best song. It's really between "Suited For Success," "Winter Wrap Up," and "At the Gala."

I voted Art of the Dress. I probably prefer Winter Wrap Up by a hair actually, as that song is pretty near perfect. I just really, really appreciate Art of the Dress for being as epic as songs like Winter Wrap Up and At the Gala and with mostly just Rarity singing. Really, this song singlehandedly made me love Rarity. Winter Wrap Up might be catchier and more fun, but it didn't change my opinions about the characters singing the song in any greater way. Basically, while I'd say Winter Wrap Up is a technically better song, Art of the Dress means more to me, which is why it gets my vote.

And that's not mentioning that Rainbow Dash's coolest line ever is in the middle of the song.

Art of the Dress is my favourite, though it's a tough choice. I think Winter Wrap Up is the catchiest and At the Gala is the most epic, and there are some really fun songs among the others. However, I just love the composition of Art of the Dress and I really dig the mandolin in it!

So far, out of 22 votes, only 1 has gone fro "At the Gala," and it was by me. LOL

I'm actually quite surprised at this. It really is an amazing song.

Winter Wrap up will likely always be my favorite, it was just so excellently done and catchy. I do really like Art of the Dress as my second favorite, in part because that was the episode that got me to re-evaluate Rarity as a character and actually start to really like her as such (the Diamond Dog episode cementing that). At first the Gala song wasn't up there for me but after listening to it a few times and realizing the excellent effect and story telling effect it had, the song quickly moved to number three for me.

So far, out of 22 votes, only 1 has gone fro "At the Gala," and it was by me. LOL

I'm actually quite surprised at this. It really is an amazing song.

It's the nature of the poll, you can pick only one. I wager that the Gala song is #2 or #3 for most of us.

What I'm now understanding is that some people are voting according to their nostalgia. This is fine, but if I we're to vote for nastalgic feelings, I would have voted for Winter Wrap Up as well. It just "takes me back" to the time I first watched ponies. I had watched the ponies in order from the pilot, and that episode had me hooked on ponies forever.

I voted for At the Gala, simply because I feel the song was ingeniously put together and has it's own catchiness, once it grows on you.

I also just realized I forgot "Hush Now, Quiet Now," which is a pretty good song. So I edited the poll. I took out Pinkie's Gala song that had no votes and replaced it with "Hush Now, Quiet Now." ...I know, I'm surprised it let me change it too. I wonder if it would let me change options that have been voted for... :shock:

In any event, I've allowed you to change your mind if you so choose.

I picked winter wrap-up because I intend to sing it when I make it to the final round on American idol 8-)

You have no idea how much of a land slide vote that would be in your favor. If you get on, just let us know, and ED.com will do the rest, lol.

The songs in the show are all catchy and awesome, they did a great job with them as they're fitting yet not cheesy as most toon songs usually are.

I personally love em all, and listen to them full volume while I drive to work XD

Having to vote tho, there's no doubt Winter Wrap Up is the best one, followed closely by Art of the dress. :(

I adored "Art of the Dress" for the longest time until I heard "At the Gala". It was so awesome to hear everyone sing about what their expectations were, especially Rainbow Dash with her rock-style verse, and Rarity singing about finding her true love. ^^

Absolutely right on that :) I love when on group songs everyone has different accents and paces on their singing moments - just like AJ's in Winter Wrap up. Original musical masterpieces, something a tv show never really featured till today...

Ugh, I regret that I left out Pony Pokey as well. If At the Gala wasn't such an amazing song, that song would have more exposure, i think, lol.