if Michael Bay directed The Last Airbender

Android45

How about the big shot directors stay away from things? Bay drenches all of his work in racism, sexism, and brutality. TLAB Is a deep, complex show with GOOD characters of the male and female variety, I don't want to see him turning Katara into a shallow big breasted bimbo that needs saving constantly.

Well... the Ninja turtle movie did have some nice surprises coming from a film produced by Bay. Sure there were explosions, but not one around every corner.

But... I think that a bad fan-fiction writer could possibly do far better than Bay ever could on The Last Air Bender.

The big name director I would trust is Del Toro. However due to the nature of Avatar the Last Airbender, I'd say a director versed in comic book movies would be preferable (super powered heros/villains, solid story line, and respect to the source). (BTW Michael Bay has shown he rarely if ever respects the source material, which is why I want him to stay far far away from anything based on something else)

That said... I honestly don't think ANY director could make a perfect Airbender movie. It was a series for a reason. The only live action film adaptation I'd allow is a recreation of the episode The Ember Island Players.

if i did not feel up to it...i would not even answer this...but i think it it would have made a more interesting movie and he would have done it right!!

Think about that for a moment.

The big name director I would trust is Del Toro. However due to the nature of Avatar the Last Airbender, I'd say a director versed in comic book movies would be preferable (super powered heros/villains, solid story line, and respect to the source). (BTW Michael Bay has shown he rarely if ever respects the source material, which is why I want him to stay far far away from anything based on something else)

That said... I honestly don't think ANY director could make a perfect Airbender movie. It was a series for a reason. The only live action film adaptation I'd allow is a recreation of the episode The Ember Island Players.

As long as the recent director of the X-Men movies keeps the heck away, I'll be fine with this.

Now, I am not saying the TLAB would be better this way, but what would the series be like if Tim Burton had his hand in the movie?

Think about that for a moment.

As long as the recent director of the X-Men movies keeps the heck away, I'll be fine with this.

Now, I am not saying the TLAB would be better this way, but what would the series be like if Tim Burton had his hand in the movie?

I liked days of future past though...

Michael Bay needs to not do anything that involves human actors. He is great with fight scenes and CGI stuff but he makes humans cliched, wooden and just a source of distraction between fights if only for a little eye candy or poor comedy relief. Girls especially are made to be damsels in distress and eye candy in these movies and barely anything else. Do we really remember what Sam Witwicki did in the first three Transformer movies or even April O'neal in the new TMNT? No, we were watching the Transformers or Turtles!

So should he direct Avatar: The Last Airbender which all characters save for a few creatures like Appa and Momo? Absolutely not!

Let's not give Michael Bay any ideas. The live action movie was bad the first time around, lets not give him any ideas to make a terrible sequel. No fan wants to see our favorite water-bender be turned into a useless, always damseled silly sex symbol. If he gotten a hold of the movie, you know that's what would happen to Katara.

I think Shyamalan's still would have been better. Having sampled the work of both directors, I can say without a doubt that Shyamalan's brand of terrible is much more interesting, palatable and entertaining than Bay's excruciating and interminable work.

I'd much sooner watch the Last Airbender film again than any one of the Transformers films at the least.

To the point of the question, I'dve taken Mike Bay over M. Night.

The film's action and acting would be about ten times better, and I wouldn't have to worry about all the mismatch casting. Anything Bay woulda did would still be more satisfying than the crap I paid 3D money to see.

Archived