This fandom has it's perks!

QuickLime

Recently I was at a Toys R US in their My Little Pony Asle (baffled at the Zecora EQ Girl doll b/c it looks weird) and I was looking for a specific toy..and was talking to a friend of mine, muttering about how I couldn't find a specific pony.

I didn't see the little old lady beside me untill she turns at me and gasps "Do you know all the names of the ponies!?" "Yes ma'am I do...?" -confused Lime face-

"Oh good, good! Can you help me?"

"But ofcourse!"

-whips out a paper- "Do you know who Lyra is? :C I can't find her anywhere!"

"Ahh Lyra Heartstrings..! here hang on"

-fiddles with the display, finds the set that has her, octavia and another pony- "Here she is!"

"Oh thank you! I'm just a grandma! I don't know this stuff "-leaves-

My friend turned to look at me and was like "So you don't work here hn?"

My reply "Nope, their loss =I"

It helps the grandparents and the parents find that one toy they have no idea who it is for their kids ;D

I still think it's awesome that some young girl out there specifically asked for a background pony like Lyra.

That's a fun story in general though. It's cool to be able to help people with your pony knowledge. :D

I still think it's awesome that some young girl out there specifically asked for a background pony like Lyra.

That's a fun story in general though. It's cool to be able to help people with your pony knowledge. :D

It's happened a few times lol "So you know what =blank= is? Where do I find it"

Heck for my cousin for christmas? She got a stuffed Rainbow Dash doll, the story about my cousin is pretty good too if anyone wants to hear it ;D

I was at Wal-Mart once and saw this kid getting an Applejack toy. I asked if he liked MLP and he said it was his favorite show and that Applejack was his favorite pony. I said that she was my favorite too, and we high fived. His mom was cool, too.

It's happened a few times lol "So you know what =blank= is? Where do I find it"

Heck for my cousin for christmas? She got a stuffed Rainbow Dash doll, the story about my cousin is pretty good too if anyone wants to hear it ;D

I'd be happy to hear it. :)

Sounds like I miss out on a lot, buying all my pony merch online. :blush:

It all started when my Cousin came over, and my Aunt was taking care of her new baby, but Cousin wanted to play, I went and got out allll my blind bag ponies for her to play with, my Aunt scoffed at me "She doesn't like PONIES! She likes things like Avengers, and ninja turtles!" -sounds so proud her daughter tends to like stereotypical masculine things-

I told her "We'll see" and I sat down and started playing with her, she asked what each ponies name was, and she quickly had a favorite "Rainbow Dash!" , I didn't think much of this...I had no idea how she saw it.

My mom met up with my aunt several times, little cousin was there, and every single time? She'd ask where I was, and if we could play ponies again, she's started collecting ponies too.

And when she met up with me again, she happily asked if we could again play ponies! I told her ofcourse, so we did..and she grabbed Rainbow Dash and squeeled that she found "WAINBOW DASH!" Whom she told me again was her favorite.

So for Christmas I got her a stuffed Dash Doll with the string hair? Mom said the only thing she cared about was the doll when they met up to open presents =)

I often go to Walmart, Toys-R-Us or other shops to look at the toys and merchandise from shows like MLP, Adventure time, things like that. I often run into kids and other teens who know the show, so i talk to them and ask some questions. When I help parents find things for their kids, I always find myself mentally cringing at how they pronounce the character's name (especially ones from anime). It's also fun to chat with the store clerks since i can't find people to talk about it at school...except for the ones at Walmart, I can hear them judging me when they scan all my mlp blind-bags (I'm one of those bronies who don't really like the dolls).

All these stories are adorable. I'm gonna run out of 'likes' today. Come to think of it, I basically turned my sister's family into pony fans. She has three kids (two girls and a boy.) I was browsing Netflix for something they could watch when I stumbled across MLP FiM. At the time, I had watched the show a bit and figured, "yeah, this is a fun show. They should like it."

It was love at first sight for all three of them. And my sister quickly became a huge fan too. She identified with Rarity like you wouldn't believe. Since then the kids have gotten lots of pony merchandise and my nephew was convinced it was normal to call his hair a "mane" for awhile. XD My sister will also jump at the opportunity to chat about ponies all the while her husband's all like: "Ponies? really?"

He laughed at Rarity's "whining" in A Dog and Pony Show so... yeah.. :smug:

Haven't done this with ponies, but where i work I help a lot of parents looking for Frozen related stuff for their kids (and maybe themselves). I even got a call in my area and gave the caller a full tour of the store and where every Frozen item was located.

Observational powers for the win!

Archived