The Arena (OOC Discussion)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that case.

Challanges: Razor the Griffon http://www.canterlot.com/topic/10703-razor-griffonfinal/

Reasons: To test his metal, gain some notoriety/bragging rights. And mostly for fun. He is a griffon, he lives for this stuff.

Weapons: claws, beak. A saber foil blade as well. He is not the most physically strong, but he is awful and prefers tiring his enemy out then over powering. His flight is his biggest advantage as is his speed. His smaller size and lithe form make him a slippery one. He might have trouble fighting any mates though at first.

Thanks, Derp!

I'm still feeling out the acceptable limits of "combat god-modding" here; I'm so used to it being an absolute no-no that it's kind of hard for me to write out posts without branching into too many if/then trees.

Right.  Since this was technically the first post of the "combat" round; I decided to set up the situation so that Eindride had some choice in what she wanted to happen, neither of which would be too debilitating and leaving plenty of room for counter-strikes in the next post.

From what I've read; it's more important that the amount of godding be equal on both sides, then that any set amount be observed.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put out the first Round 2 post of mine, so that's... three posts to go, I think, if there's each of our intros, 2 rounds, and each of our finishers.

Just to let everyone know: Your fourth post in the fight is your last post.

"How fights happen:

1- Round one, Introduction Posts: Each fighter may make an introduction post, which can be anything you want. They just have to end with the fight starting..
2- Rounds Two and Three: Each fighter gets to make one fight post per round. Each post builds off of one another. Control of another character due to the length of the fight is a natural byproduct of this system, so it is important to remember that doing something that makes it nearly impossible for the other player to reply back is considered quite terrible form. While this is an IC competition, this is an OOC storytelling exercise.
3- Round Four, Finale: Each fighter makes a single ending post, describing their character winning the fight. Both posts represent branching canon paths coming out of Round Three and are not compatible. Again, your Finale post comes at the end of Round Three, not as a response to your opponent's Finale post.
4- After Round Four is finished, a winner will be chosen. Storytelling, post quality, and IC fight action will be taken into account. The chosen winner has his or her post chosen as the canon 'end' of the fight."

So please make sure to make your fourth post the finale post where your character wins.

Surprised I haven't added this gem until now:

Name- Dog

Reason to fight in the Arena- Dog bored.

Weapons/Armor/Notable Skills- 

Chain wraps - Dog uses mostly his fists in combat, reinforced by being wrapped in steel construction-grade chains. Not only do they give his punches extra ouch, but he finds it useful for breaking defenses, as well as being able to act as a defense against bladed weapons. The tightly woven chains act as a mail around his hands, enabling him to grip onto sword blades and disarm opponents in some situations. Only some.

Shield- Has a spiked shield he affectionately calls 'Dog-Dozer'. More useful as a battering ram, but he can use it to help defend against ranged attack, or run down dazed or unsuspecting opponents.

Blunderbuss- Dog has in his possession an old Aquellian blunderbuss which he has named 'Bark and Bite'. While he prefers to use his fists, he understands that some things he just can't reach, such as flying opponents. A bullet can reach them though. Boy can they. However, due to the long reload of the weapon, on the odd occasion when he does use it, it's usually a one-shot deal.

Abnormal strength- Dog is incredibly strong, even for a Diamond Dog. An average sized pony he can likely toss like a rag doll with ease.

Pain tolerance- Thick skin doesn't quite cover it. He has a tremendous tolerance to pain. Of course, this isn't suggesting he isn't susceptible to crippling injury. He just might not cry about it as much.

Archived