Canterlot Speed Date and Rave Event!

I was thinking probably one more round and then start the rave thread after that. if you don't get paired with someone you really wanted to, then you can have your character interact with them at the rave. I was thinking a few short 'post party' threads would be fun too...for pairs that really hit it off. Maybe like an after party gathering or something :)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds fair enough to me. Might get repetitive if we do too much of the speed dating thing. 

Guess we could see how everyone feels about it when we get there.

Well, FireFoxx did have this OOC up several days before the threads themselves went up, giving people plenty of time to sign up their characters. I think three rounds of speed dating is a good amount, especially since characters can still interact at the rave.

Yeah, it does mean that people who have just got involved only get two. I mean, I only got involved later because I thought I'd be too busy. Turns out I'm not. 

Still, I guess we could go to three and see how we feel, then maybe extend it to a fourth if we feel like it would still be fun. Though as Zeig pointed out, characters can always meet at the rave.

Yes, I was thinking any interaction you guys want to have can happen at the rave. :) If people really want more rounds, I'd be up for it... I just didn't want to do too many. Let's just kind of see how it goes and how people are feeling after round three.

Well, FireFoxx did have this OOC up several days before the threads themselves went up, giving people plenty of time to sign up their characters. I think three rounds of speed dating is a good amount, especially since characters can still interact at the rave.

I just saw it recently since I have been inactive on canterlot for several months XD But that is a fair point

Yeah, each character gets three posts, then the speed date ends. Speaking of, Inkbrand and Clandestine are finished with their date. Two down, one to go!

Indeed, we are done. Quite quickly it seems, I enjoy playing Clandestine. 

Still, I shall wait for the next one. Hope everyone else is having fun with it.

Hey guys! :D glad to see you are having fun with the speed date rounds! I'm going to see if I can work setting out to squeeze in more rounds for people who get done really quick. That way we can have more speed dating fun! I should have it figured out soon!

Might as well, hehe. I was finished a week ago after all, so I guess it makes sense to see if extra rounds can't be squeezed in. Just so we have something to do while we wait I guess.

Ok, here's the plan :D If you are finished with your current round and would like to be in another you can post below and I'll add you to the short list. Also, if you're dying to speed date and your current match up needs a little extra time to get posts up, you can sign your characters up for the short list.

I'm gonna put a couple people on there because they are done and I think they are ready for more rounds. If I'm wrong just let me know. Short list will go up on the first post of this thread. Respond in the next day or so and I'll add you to the short list and we'll get a round going :)

I'll put Flux in there. I'm the only one to have posted in my round so far. Quick's probably just busy, but I'll sign up for the short list to pass the time.

I'm having a lot of fun with these speed dates, but I don't think I'm going to be joining the short list. I want to keep the number of RPs I'm in under control, and I've just been planning on the next speed date thread, followed by the rave.

Still, awesome idea, great for people who want more speed dating but have RP partners who haven't responded, or don't respond as quickly!

Archived