How to Be a Pony (Interest Check and OOC)

Hey guys, this is going to be my first non FFA roleplay, so if I've got dumb idea's or you think of a better way to execute whatever I've got in mind, feel free to give me advice (or tell me I'm a bleedin' idiot, I won't mind).

So the story/premise thus far is that Val has very recently separated herself from the changeling Hive and is hiding out in Ponyville because she thinks that her former comrades want her head of a pike (figuratively speaking, or perhaps literally, if you guys really want to take it that direction). However, as noted in Val's character sheet, she still thinks that ponies are bad creatures, and she doesn't quite know how to act like a pony, so she's a bit of a nervous wreck.

If you have ideas, advice, or think this idea is going to trainwreck, don't hesitate to tell me.

RP Thread: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20634-ponyville-how-to-be-a-pony-closed-see-ooc/

Current Posting Order:

Val (AlphaNumeric)

Flux (PyroBlaze)

Gypsy Gold (Kitomyx)

Nougat (Tiktaalik)

Java (moonshineTheleocat)

Current Character Lineup:

Changelings:

Val (AlphaNumeric)

Flux (PyroBlaze)

Ponies:

Gypsy Gold (Kitomyx)

Nougat (Tiktaalik)

Java (moonshineTheleocat)

I have a changeling character who can help her out, too, since he's also pretty much on his own and wandering for the fun of it. If you're interested, of course.

Do you guys have anything that you think should be explored in the thread, any suggestions or the like?

Also, I think three changelings should be a lot of changelings already. Perhaps at this point we should look for pony characters?

Well, we'll see. I'll let the thread sit for another day before I start drafting the actual thread. In the mean time, are the any particular directions you wan this RP to go, or do you want to go free flow? Also, do you guys want to do Slice of Life, or Adventure/Arc sorta thing?

I wouldn't mind tossing Figment/my changeling in. He's pretty good at ponying and could end up maybe helping her out. Or something.

Nougat/my pony character could work too, if you'd rather balance it out a bit.. He'd be way more interested in learning about changelings than actually reporting them or doing anything responsible. > >

As for the RP plot/etc... Well, changelings kind of already add a layer of intrigue. But, I'd be okay with slice of life or more adventure. or, we could start as one and go into the other...

I have a couple more ponies I could offer up along with or in place of the Changeling I mentioned. I have a pegasus who's relatively friendly but is deathly afraid of magic (and, by extension, unicorns). I also have a half pony, half zebra who's trying to find out how to fit in with other ponies himself.

I'd be willing to throw down a live pony for testing, Java.

He see's life pretty objectively when it comes to species. And doesn't give two flips if you're a changeling in disguise or not. And given that he already knows flux is a Changeling, she could possibly drag them to -his- house along with her friends. Though that's only if you want him to be in Canterlot....

Other wise he's still up to the challenge of getting him accustomed to it.

Alright, looks like we've got a good crew. I'll be posting the thread tomorrow morning. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please post here or PM me before then. Here's hoping for a good RP!

I'm gonna play Pyro, if I'm stuck in the pony slot, which would be perfectly alright with me. If I could though, I think I'd like to move over to the changeling side and use Flux.

Heh. I kinda felt like I was leaning towards Figment as well. > > It looks like he could end up being the only loyalist, which might be interesting. 

Not that Nougat won't be good. I'll just post with him if there's no spots for Figment in the end or it seems like it's slowing things down. ;l

Well, since it's an odd number anyhow... Any objections to me playing Figment after all? Unless we'd rather have an extra pone rather than changeling. I'm feeling a bit more 50/50 towards either now, so, whichever. ;l

You know what? I think maybe I'll sit this one out so it isn't too crowded and you guys can be even. I had just figured I'd offer before because i didn't know how many others would show up/be interested.

Disappointing to see you go, but that's alright. We've still got that other thread you're planning anyways. If you want to join in here sometime later, feel free to shoot me a PM or post in this thread!

As for the rest of you guys, the post order will be determined by whoever posts first, and then solidified once everyone has posted once. So far the current order is me, then PyroBlaze. Also, the character list has been updated and has also been moved to the original post.

Disappointing to see you go, but that's alright. We've still got that other thread you're planning anyways. If you want to join in here sometime later, feel free to shoot me a PM or post in this thread!

As for the rest of you guys, the post order will be determined by whoever posts first, and then solidified once everyone has posted once. So far the current order is me, then PyroBlaze. Also, the character list has been updated and has also been moved to the original post.

Oh, well I thought you might not need me with so many others, but if you'd like me to play, I can. ^_^ I can even use the pony from the other topic we talked about. And I should start an rp for that one, too.

Archived