[insert witty title], also Hello y'all ^^

Von Richthoof

cries happily and hugs you until you cant breath* Oh my GALLOPING BARON VON RICHTHOFENS!!!!! *clings* YES!!!!!!!!!! another ww1 airplane enthusiast!! *tries not to attack you with random Manfred Von Richthofen babble* He.is.my.hero. and your Icon ROCKS. :heart: *tones down my inner fan-girl*

*tries to unwrap from the deathbringing hug* Great. not half an hour here and already I'm suffereing internal bleedings ... but thanks for the warm welcome as well.

Now actually I'm more geared towards WW2 warbirds and some interwar planes (such as the racers for the schneider cup), but WW1 stuff is cool too.

Thanks about the Icon, it's actually a full drawing of Iron Cross von Richthoof conducting his first flight (to be found here http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ ... 41ixnv.jpg)

*composes self* Sorry. I didnt mean to crush your ribs.

I'm not big on ww2 planes myself. I prefer the classic styles and developments that ww1 areoplanes had to offer. But still, warm welcomes just the same!

Alright I think I'll survive that minor injury there.

Well while I like biplanes in design and their whole era there, I just can't deny the beauty and perfection that is the Spitfire (oh yes that plane is my dream xD) or the effectiveness of any german fighter.

And thanks again

WW1 tanks for the win! Love the old wars... well not like that, but they are cool in a bad/good way.

WW1 tanks were pretty much death traps though weren't they? As in producing a lot of carbon monoxid. Then again any vehicle from WW1 was a death trap ... the brits didn't even get chutes for their planes.

And yes, those wars are something interesting to look up

*smiles* I understand your love of the Spitfire totally. Peronsally though if I coudl fly any GErman plane it would be the Albatross. The Fokker Drideckers were amazing and all but i'd kill myself in one. :wail:

ww1 vehicles as a whole were indeed deathtraps!! However, you can't deny that without their innovations the more efficient models of ww2 never would have been possible. :) Personally as far as ww2 planes go the Heinkel He-111 will always scare the living daylights out of me. That is a plane that commands respect.

I think I prefer ww1 history better simply because it was the last war that men fought as gentleman. ww2 brought on a new era of fighting that was so much more sinister. Not to say that ww1 didn't have its horrifically sinister aspects. *winces thinking about it* but in a way men were still men, not just a number. Though to be fair it was the beginning of the end really.

I'm more of a Cowboy but got to say I'm a WW1-WW2 nut, good fun. But Ya WW1 tanks are not fun to be in, fun to look at.

BUT my fave has to be the Konigstiger. Sexy Sexy tank that is! :blah:

*smiles* I understand your love of the Spitfire totally. Peronsally though if I coudl fly any GErman plane it would be the Albatross. The Fokker Drideckers were amazing and all but i'd kill myself in one. :wail:

ww1 vehicles as a whole were indeed deathtraps!! However, you can't deny that without their innovations the more efficient models of ww2 never would have been possible. :) Personally as far as ww2 planes go the Heinkel He-111 will always scare the living daylights out of me. That is a plane that commands respect.

I think I prefer ww1 history better simply because it was the last war that men fought as gentleman. ww2 brought on a new era of fighting that was so much more sinister. Not to say that ww1 didn't have its horrifically sinister aspects. *winces thinking about it* but in a way men were still men, not just a number. Though to be fair it was the beginning of the end really.

If i had a choice aside from the Spit I think I'd either go with the Floatfire or the Dornier Pfeil, as the dornier there just had such a unique design.

Yes I won't deny that at all, after all wars make technology level up at enourmous rates. And if you look at the first installments and prototypes of the Spit or the 109 you'd notice that those were way closer to just being wooden/metal versions of WWI planes than anything else.

And then of course there's the Hurricane, which is just one of hawkers biplanes with a monoplane configuration.

The 111 was quite a big thing too for a twin engined bomber, but if it comes to scare I'd definately go with the Stuka. I mean you can't ignore that jericho siren.

Well about the whole gentlemen thing I'd but that in ""s simply because trenchwarfare was horrible. Though that's just one aspect of the whole WWI. But then again pretty much any war is sinister, I mean both WWI and WWII were horrible in their tactics and execution.

Yet of course WWII started out with vastly using tactical bombardments to demoralize the enemy, and it employed the nuke.

I can't really decide, I think I'll just stick with all wars are horrible. (yet those with planes produced a great amount of great aircraft)

I'm more of a Cowboy but got to say I'm a WW1-WW2 nut, good fun. But Ya WW1 tanks are not fun to be in, fun to look at.

BUT my fave has to be the Konigstiger. Sexy Sexy tank that is! :blah:

Does the more of a Cowboy thing imply that you ride nuclear bombs? xD

I remember one fun to look at tank in particular and that's just the russian Tsar tank. And honestly, i have no clue what the Königstiger is. Yet I presume it is somewhat related to the Panzerkampfwagen Tiger?

Greetings! I'm glad you found our corner of the MLP:FiM fandom and hope you'll stay for a long time. :D RP is the centerpiece of this forum so you will certainly find plenty of active areas for your creative enjoyment if you decide to RP. ;) Of course there is plenty to do even if you are not into RP at all. The Getting Started section is the best place to start in answering most questions but if you have any still, please ask away. :o

So who be your favorite pony, I am guessing one of the pegasai. :20: