Worried about Season 6.

VGAddict

I think your topics are all starting to get a little silly at this point - but no, I'm not fearful of season 6's quality yet because I have not seen any...and I refuse to 'imagine' that AKR leaving has ruined anything for the whole show.

I don't see how it'll change drastically just because a writer is leaving.

Stop being pessimistic all the time.

Then again I do that at times as well.

:unsure:

If AKR is moving on, good for her! I have no problem with her pursuing her dreams or whatever. I am actually quite excited for the quality of season 6 despite AKR's departure. I mean-- Larson may be a major meme in the fandom, but he is a fantastic writer. And the newer writer who wrote that Applejack/Pinkie Pie Christmas episode (episode name and writer name escape me at this moment) already shows extreme potential! That episode was the best one I have ever seen apart from the season 5 finale episodes.

I have no worries about quality going into season 6. The only thing that I could ever worry about is that season 6 may wind up being way too good and causing the universe to explode with pony.

Also. Same show musicians. 100% chance of success.

Hmmm, well the quality might take a drop, but I'm more worried about episode quality falling due to a lack of ideas instead of a writer leaving.

I think that if they ever run out of ideas, they will fall back on what Lauren Faust originally intended the show to be. Which is a lot more adventurous than just friendship problems. Sure, that'd be a major change, but not unwelcome in the fandom by my assumptions.

Of course, it'll take ages upon ages for a team of skilled writers to cover all types of friendship problems, conflicts and situations.

I do wonder if we're going to get some kind of soft reboot. The finale of 5 makes me wonder if we're going to be meeting a lot of new ponies sometime in the near future. The characters of the show with the most storyline have largely had their stories told- Rarity with her shop, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship, and Rainbow Dash will probably be a Wonderbolt. Pinkie, Applejack, and Fluttershy don't have much in the way or overarching goals, so they have less to do with them. They've also all become extremely versed in the art of friendship, so it gets harder and harder to do episodes about them having issues, thus the last season involving a lot of them solving problems for others.

The introduction and redemption of Starlight Glimmer seems like not an accident at all. She's like Twilight, but she doesn't have friends, or years of tutelage from Princess Celestia. Ruler and Leadership traits she's already displayed in Our Town- she made a whole town, without Cutie marks!?!- and her magic has allowed her to strip cutie marks. In many ways, this is a warped version of Twilight's mastery of the cutie mark switching spell. SG has Epic Destiny written all over her, but I don't think it works if she's just added in to the Mane Six. But Our Town, with the sudden introduction of a lot of ponies just coming into their own after years(?) of suppression could make it a really vibrant place to explore.

Which is why I wonder if this is going to be one of those late cartoon life, "everything is different!", desperate moves to keep the cartoon's lifeblood pumping. Not that there isn't plenty of blood left in the Ponyville stone, but as the franchise continues to soar, a new series with a new focus seems inevitable.

On Monday, December 07, 2015 at 2:12 PM, ToothpasteThy said:

If AKR is moving on, good for her! I have no problem with her pursuing her dreams or whatever. I am actually quite excited for the quality of season 6 despite AKR's departure. I mean-- Larson may be a major meme in the fandom, but he is a fantastic writer. And the newer writer who wrote that Applejack/Pinkie Pie Christmas episode (episode name and writer name escape me at this moment) already shows extreme potential! That episode was the best one I have ever seen apart from the season 5 finale episodes.

I have no worries about quality going into season 6. The only thing that I could ever worry about is that season 6 may wind up being way too good and causing the universe to explode with pony.

Also. Same show musicians. 100% chance of success.

I think that if they ever run out of ideas, they will fall back on what Lauren Faust originally intended the show to be. Which is a lot more adventurous than just friendship problems. Sure, that'd be a major change, but not unwelcome in the fandom by my assumptions.

Of course, it'll take ages upon ages for a team of skilled writers to cover all types of friendship problems, conflicts and situations.

Alrighty then.

• 3 months later...

Unlike LostSanity, I'm looking forwards in seeing some more character development for beloved Starlight Glimmer, Cadenza, and Shiny.  The three of them have major story writing potential, so I hope the show uses that to it's fullest. 

I'm hoping NOT REDEEMED characters can be ignored and the season will still be good/enjoyable.

:unsure:

Myself, I couldn't be more excited. It feels like it's been quite some time since the S5 finale, I'm really curious as to how they'll handle Starlight Glimmer from here - and all in all - I'm not worried at all. There's still quite a bit of gas left in the tank for the series, and I'm ready to go for another ride. 2 weeks to go!

I might be a little worried regarding Starlight Glimmer's redemption.  The scene with her and Twilight could be a teaser for an episode fleshing out her redemption a little more.  You know showing her interacting with everyone more and trying to build friendships,

Welp... here we go...

I promise I will try to make this the last time I talk about this.

With the season premiering next week... I guess it's time to start hoping that they don't put too much emphasis on the NOT REDEEMED character trying to get people to forgive her.

Because for me... that's likely NEVER going to happen.

If they do...

*sighs*

I don't know what I'll do...

I really don't want to leave the fandom... I really don't...

:cry:

On 11/27/2015 at 4:00 PM, Arcus said:

Only one thing is for sure, the cry of fans for episodes to come...

LARSOOOOOOOON!

The big irony here now is that Larson is confirmed NOT having partaken in Season 6 - so that's a thing. :P

Archived