Peachy's Portrait event! - (Sign up is now closed)

CaptainMcDerp

Kalime grinned as she got called both a Pretty Pup and told her name was added to the list "Thank you Peach Pony! Than you little pony!~" She waved at her, tail wagging in excitement, as she went to wait her turn, humming happily, green eyes sparkling with the other's glee at being around so many PONIES!

Cashmere chuckled, he was quite fond of the other, and interested in entering the long term game, so he always tried to be there, even when Peachy made it different, moving to put his hoof back on the floor.

"You've Already done me a beautiful portrait, so clearly I am here to see you, and see how your work goes~ Any excuse to spend time with you and you know it~" Cashmere was not phased by the attempts to shake him off, he was clinging and not letting go.

MRxf2Yw.png

Ah, ah! So he was owner and artist both! 

To be a business pony and patron of arts simultaneously was no easy feat - this Peachy Stallion of the Arts was singularly unique in his ability to be two at once, and that was something Dawnguard could fully appreciate. For while he was a proud and loyal member of the REA, so to was he an Avenging Hero of Justice, whose raw fury could potentially reap redemption and catastrophe both upon the lands of Equestria. It was a delicate balance, to belong to two, even though Dawnguard knew in his heart of hearts that he, in the end, belonged only to the untapped power of his Spear Hoof. 

For that was the sacrifice he had made and was sworn to uphold, even to his dying breath.

The Artist of Discerning Color Palettes had little time to commiserate with him over their shared destinies, however, as several ponies - and a Diamond Dog, by his twitching spear hoof! - abruptly made themselves known, many of which made beelines for the same artist, just as he had. Dawnguard backed up a little to allow them room, nodding sagely as he, too, had experience in the Light within him attracting all like moths to a blazing flame of Vengeance.

But, that left him with a bit of a quandary as the white Pegasus looked around a bit, still debating on what sort of post he would like to be forever immortalized in. Of course, without a billowing cape to try on, attempting a pose would be futile. Clothing had a way of hindering the Righteous Fury that sang along his bloodline, making him seem puffy or ill-put together rather than valiant and confident. If only this Discerning Artist of Peaches had some pieces to try on, perhaps he could...

"...Ah-hah!" Dawnguard cried out, eyes zeroing on a young bull standing next to a much larger one - and more specifically, his blue eyes trailed along the green cape that he wore. Not the color he was looking for, most assuredly, but it seemed a good material to try on, for his much needed purposes of justice! The white Pegasus was off like a shot, using his wings to propel him faster across the floor to reach his target all that much quicker, one hoof immediately grasping an edge of the cloak. "It seems the stars have divined unto me a solution," he intoned mysteriously, head rearing exceedingly close to the young Caribou's own. "Young bull, your cloak! Let me borrow it now, so that I may be able to discern a most righteous pose for the preservation of the bloodline of heroes!" 

While waiting for the artist's reply, Halvard had a chance to observe the various customers and their social dynamics.  The shop was... surprisingly capacious, considering how many were here waiting for their portrait.  Young and old, near and far, they all came to this one artist.  He had to chuckle, commenting to the pony now clinging to the artist, "I shouldn't advise letting go myself; world-famous artists tend to either roam about, or get snatched up, if you don't keep an eye or hoof on them!"  Granted, the Vakstyra had only met one who had dared the rough lands of Whitescar, but that was representative of the type, right?

In the meantime, the rather... boistreous guard had asked for Limi's cloak.  Something about the tone of voice rang a bell in Halvard's head.  "You know, Dawnguard, was it?  You remind me of an acquaintance of mine, Randgrid of Heil-Barn.  I have a feeling you two might hit it off quite well, if you ever met."  The bull shrugged his shoulders.  "Not that I would know how likely that was, but you don't strike me as the sort of fellow bound for a quiet life at home, and neither is she."

DIDZErfm.jpg

Basira chuckled warmly and shook her head, "I'm sorry to say I have none... a few foals but no siblings." The tall horse gave a curtsy of her own, stiflign a laugh at the smaller pony's fumble on the gesture. "Again, it is nice to meet you, Wind Walker. I am Called Basira... As you can probably tell I am from the lands of Saddle Arabia. May I ask from where you and your sister hail?"

E9VF1tI.jpg

Canterlot was as lovely as usual. The smell of fresh cut grass, and the well maintained streets of this city a welcome change from the almost omnipresent ivory coating over the majority of Whitescar. Another inhabitant of said land had heard of the many wonderful artists here, perhaps some who were a bit better than that one in that Sigrun had asked to paint her and her (at that time) ward, Limi. As a favor to the common ponies and to a certain extent her son, Sigrun had taken to wearing a regal looking cloak of her own... hers being a dark grey but with a lovely offwhite fur trim on the inside. She soon realized that this was a rather foolish and rushed decision seeing how the heat in this land sapped the chieftain's strength with each step. 

She needed shelter from the heat and a less populated place  she could remove this cloak. A neat looking little shop was set up across the street from the path Sigrun's cloven hooves trod. It had a few creatures in it, looked very clean, and most importantly the inside looked to have a fair share of shade. 

The cow looked both ways and crossed the street, the hollowing sounding clop of her hooves against the cobblestones giving a lovely sort of rhythm to her stride. Instead of coming in immediately, Sigrun stared at the door frame... then to the top of her head. Judging from the width and height of the entrance, getting her horns past them would be irritating: not impossible, but annoying. A deep breath filled her lungs and she lowered and angled her head to get through the door, still in her cloak. The additional bumping of her antlers against the bell above the front door made the usual sound indicating one customer had entered multiply to five until she finally got past looked to the most familiar faces in the room. "My goodness..." she muttered under her breath. 

So this was were the two of the most important caribou in her life had decided to bond! Such a strange twist of fate. While  she would love to approach her two kin :One her mate, the other her (adoptive) son. The Chieftain sauntered over and smiled at her mate and Limi and bowed slightly, "Of all the trouble I imagined the both of you getting into I didn't think getting a portrait done was fairly low on the list... Have you both been enjoying your time in Canterlot?"

The approach of a rather active looking and passionate pegasus made the caribou's ear's flick. He was asking to let Limi give him his cloak? Interesting. Sigrun had had the cloak made special for Limi. Sigrun just gave her son a glance with the smile on her face still present. If he did give the stranger his cloak... well she would be rather dissapointed but in the end it was his property now and he could do with it was he wished. 

Nightingale smiled, "That's so sweet of you~"

For once, there were no smart words, street slang, or anguish.  She loved her own mother as any other mare, and was pleased to see this mare treasured her's, too!

"What kinda art 'cha lookin' for?  Imma tryin' to find some flowers, ya know?  Spice up my bleak apartment a bit,"

Suddenly, thoughts of her parents' manor flushed into her mind.

Yeesh!  What's gotten into me?  So sappy-teary.

She remembered how artwork was always around, and how each room had an artistic theme to it.  It was her mother's spark of inspiration, and ornaments of her father's respect for her art.  If only my father had respected my art...

"A p-portrait..." Flora responded, blinking a little at her words. Hadn't she said that before? Oh well, it didn't really matter if she had. 

"D-do you w-want some f-flowers? I sell them in Fillydelphia." She said, watching the mare. 

• 4 weeks later...

peachyredrawapp_zps0pjqildc.png

"Yes, we are both here for a portrait. Actually, it was for a gift as well.  We have come with the Jarl Sigrun for the... Grand Galloping Gala, I think you call it?  I rather thought she might appreciate a picture of us in our finery." Halvard said.

"Aah," Peachy said. "the Grand Galloping Gala. A dazzling time that shall be, I'm sure."

Peachy usually made a point to attend the Grand Galloping Gala, though he wasn't sure if he would be able to this time. It wasn't that he was too busy. He was just feeling a bit... run down lately though he couldn't exactly place why. Perhaps a vacation of sorts would help him get to the bottom of things.

Peachy noticed the caribou casting his eyes down at his own armor plated garments.

"I, for one, am usually wearing armor that has seen more practical use."

"That is a fine piece of work though, I must say." Peachy replied.

The younger caribou spoke up to introduce himself and his older companion. Limi and Halvard? Those were undoubtedly lovely names. And Halvard was of Clan Breen? He's never seen any of the caribou clans before, unfortunately enough. He should make a point to change that.

"Well met, fellow Peachy." Limi said.

Peachy returned the bow with a smile. "Yes, well met indeed."

He glanced in the direction of the diamond dog when he heard her thanking Windwalker for something he must have missed. Either way, she was certainly a character that had made a permanent mark in his mind. She reminded him of a giant friendly puppy that learned how to speak. They are called diamond dogs after all.

"You've Already done me a beautiful portrait, so clearly I am here to see you, and see how your work goes~ Any excuse to spend time with you and you know it~"

He cast his eyes back to Cashmere upon hearing his voice and expressed a half lidded smirk. "Ah, clearly. Silly me. I suppose I should know these things by now."

"I shouldn't advise letting go myself; world-famous artists tend to either roam about, or get snatched up, if you don't keep an eye or hoof on them!"

Peachy laughed. "That is correct! Here you are, darling." He levitated his hat and placed it gently upon Cashmere's head. "To remember me by should the unthinkable happen. I know it fails to sufficiently replace my charm and magnetism, but It..." Peachy's voice trailed off for a moment as he really looked at Cashmere. "My, don't you look dashing..."

He was always a sucker for stallions in hats.

Peachy snapped out of it and averted his gaze to the sound of Dawnguard's booming voice. The pegasus had requested to borrow Limi's cloak, since cloaks really help to translate the whole "savior of Equestria" presentation.

Halvard commented on how Dawnguard would get along well with a 'Randgrid of HeilBarn.' Peachy could just imagine the tomfoolery Dawnguard and a similar personality would get into. He chuckled before speaking towards Dawnguard.

"If you and Randgrid ever do cross paths, I would be sorry to have missed it."  

Ring...ring...ring...ring...ring.

Peachy's ear twitched at the sound of the bell ringing multiple times. Had one huge group just entered his shop? An entire family perhaps? Hopefully they'd be able to find some room, as the shop was becoming unexpectedly crowded. Peachy would be lying if he said the realization of just how many costumers he had today didn't give him a little pride. However, the assumed "group" turned out to be just one costumer. Another caribou to be exact. It appeared she had trouble getting her antlers through the door. Peachy winced as guilt took a quick stab at his innards. He really should have accounted for all types of creatures when remodeling the door. At that moment, he decided to make changes to the pony sized entrance as soon as he could. Everyone deserved an equal amount of comfort and convenience!

The caribou wasted no time approaching Limi and Halvard, and the closer she became, the more striking Peachy noticed her appearance was. Her eyes had a sort of intensity to them and... fangs? This was certainly the first time he's seen any cervine with visible canines. Or were they tusks? Either way, he couldn't help but wonder if she was the 'Sigrun' Halvard was talking about. As the new costumer spoke to Limi and Halvard, Peachy turned his attention back to Cashmere, leaning in to speak in a lower voice as not to disturb the other conversation.

"You really should consider sporting a hat more often, dear." He winked.

XqEzCsl.png

Lími was rudely jolted out of the pleasure of a normal day of waiting for a portrait by the coming of somepony who appeared to be guard. Except that the Pegasus acted too eccentrically, and for whatever reason desired the young bull's cloak for... a purpose not entirely clear. Unable to comprehend the situation, Lími simply stood there awkwardly like he paralyzed by a beam of magical light. And what was this nonsense about a "bloodline of heroes"?

In this state of insecurity, Lími reflexively tugged at his cloak. "Odýrr....." the caribou took one nervous step back in retreat, not daring to make eye contact; "I-I-I do not think my cloak will, well, properly fit a pony of your ummm... stature." A not completely feeble excuse, given the young bull's slight height advantage over the armored stallion. Not that it filled Lími with any confidence however.

Thankfully, the merciful Odýrr's name had not been uttered in vain, for no other than Jarl Sigrun walked inside the establishment! Meanwhile, Halvard stepped in to speak with this Dawnguard character. "Sigrun!" Lími smiled in relief as he faced his mother; "We have enjoyed a fruitful day thus far. What ummm, brings you to this place?"

MRxf2Yw.png

The young bull was stepping away from him.

Hah! As if even the vast expanse of the ocean could prevent a Chosen Hero from completing his quest!

"Hmmmmm," Dawnguard murmured, more to himself than any other, as the bull cast his gaze elsewhere, seemingly against conceding his cloak to his most noblest of quests. The white Pegasus didn't relinquish his own grasp, either, resulting in a sort of awkward game of tug-o-war that ultimately ended in the cloak stretched out between the two of them. "Harken to me," the REA guard demanded, once again invading the young bull's space as he attempted to beseech the other through the viridescent windows of his soul, "your cloak, my portrait...such will be forever immortalized into the annuls of the greatest chosen heroes of Equestrian history!" 

Well...the cloak wouldn't be, no. But the idea of it would, and such was its purpose hitherto and here-forth!

Before Dawnguard could demand the bull's acquiescence of his request, however, the sound of a large group of ponies entering the shop arrested his attention - except, lo! Only a single Caribou entered, one as equally massive as the elder bull! The young bull seemed eager to speak with her, but before Dawnguard could return his attention back to the plight of his quest, the elder and larger bull suddenly spoke, causing the Pegasus' head to whip around to find him as he spoke of a Rangrid...who was, according to the bull, entirely reminiscent of himself, Dawnguard!

"Ah-hah!" the REA guard exclaimed, dropping the cloak in his grasp in favor of wandering back towards the other, "then this Rangrid must be a Warrior of Light, through which the power of Avenging Justice courses like an unrelenting river of Righteousness!" A moment's pause, before Dawnguard rethought his decision and moved a few steps backwards from the bull, so that his head did not need to ache so fiercely at its upturned angle. "If she has also recognized the calling of Heroes deep within her veins, as I have...then, undoubtedly does she hold mighty power, that denies her a life of quiet and peace, and instead calls out for her to venture forth unto the evils of the world and bring forth great justice! DOWN, spear hoof!" Dawnguard cried out, clenching said hoof tightly to his chest for a moment as he struggled to contain the roiling power threatening to burst free and send all into apocalyptic ruin. 

Ah...too close. The mighty power of the bloodline of heroes was a burden that he, alone, could bear...

Another pause, before Dawnguard realized he had deigned to reassure the Caribou of his correct assumption - a mistake he was all too eager to rectify. "Ah, you have assumed thusly," the white Pegasus reassured the bull, "I am Pvt. First Class, Dawnguard!" A sweep of one hoof through his hair was a much more mild introduction than his usual posing, but part of making an impression was knowing when to hold back, after all!

Plus, the lighting was not so optimal on this side of the shop.

"And you, my robustly built companion," Dawnguard questioned, "what name might I call you by, to forever mark this fated meeting of likened spirits?" 

The issue of the cloak was proving to be a surprisingly sticky one.  Fortunately, Halvard was not without experience in negotiations and conflict resolutions.  After all, the Vakstyra were the closest things that Whitescar had to a peacekeeping force.  Repeated haggling with merchants had only sharpened his deal-making skills.  "I see a simple solution, Limi.  Why not just let him borrow it for the portrait?  If he tries to walk out the door with it..."  Here he turned his eyes onto Dawnguard, an entirely mirthless grin now on his face.  "He will see what a thief's reward is in Whitescar."  It was a good phrase, though in reality a thief's reward in the Frozen North was all the booty he could carry off and all the mead he could drink when he got home.  That was the Vikingr for you...

Speaking of home, it seemed that Jarl Sigrun had ended up finding them both after all!  He smiled to see his mate, stepping over to touch antlers in greeting.  "Yes, I should say we are.  We were going to surprise you with a portrait of Limi, now that he's grown, but... well, the cover's off for that."  He chuckled.  "Do let me introduce you to the artist.  Peachy, this is Jarl Sigrun of Clan Askr, peerless leader of her clan, and the best mate a bull could ask for!"  Eying the interactions of the artist and Cashmere, Halvard wondered if Peachy might actually dispute the claim.  Ah well, perhaps they could agree to disagree.

Nudging Sigrun, he gestured towards Dawnguard as the pegasus resumed his semi-monologue.  "Remind you of someone?"  He asked playfully, before turning to address the stallion.  "Apologies if I neglected to introduce myself.  I am Halvard, of Clan Breen; also a Vakstyra of Whitescar.  Not that I suppose you know what that is; think of us as the guardians of the roads and those who travel on them."

E9VF1tIl.jpg

A smile spread over the chieftain's face as Limi faced her, "There's my not-so-little one!" She said before puling the young bull to her side in a hug before blinking and letting him loose quickly. "Apologies... some habbits die hard, My son." The statuesque cow raised up a hoof and wiped some of the sweat from her brow before taking her flowing, fur trimmed cloak from her back and holding it at her side. "Well, as for what brings me here." The warrior of the north looked about the place for a hook or a coat/cloak hanger she could hang her garment from, "My curiosity, mostly. I had been hoping to see if I could find a suitable souvenir that I could bring back to the hold... but then I noticed you and Halvard were in here and I felt it wouldn't hurt to say hello..."

The caribou paused a moment and then smiled slightly awkwardly, "So, 'Hello!'"

The pegasus who was conversing with Limi earlier's intensity still shone through. He had a certain... energy to him that made it difficult (nigh impossible) to take one's eyes off him without a great deal of effort involved. "First Chipper and now, this one... Limi you make the most interesting friends." The young bull would feel the chieftain's elbow genlty meeting his side in a playful jab. 

A smile of more serene variety came over the cow's face once she saw her mate stepping over. As per the usual playful greeting among couples in Whitescar: The two lightly bumped antlers, which Sigrun followed up with a nuzzle to the bull's cheek, "Oh ... Sorry to ruin the surprise, My love. " Ears flattened slightly after that statement, only to rise up alert again upon the insistence of her being introduced. The chieftain seemed to have been caught off guard a bit, bearing that "deer in the spotlight" kind of look as she looked down at the artist and nervous laugh escaped her muzzle as she had praise heaped upon her by her mate. 

The owner of this establishment had a very cute look to him. Though that didn't say very much due to the fact more or less all the ponies she encountered in this land had a certain cute factor to them, but this artist's sense of style and color scheme seemed to make him appear practically huggable. She smiled warmly at the stallion and bowed her head, stopping halfway so as not to knock the pony's hat off his head with her antlers, "It's a pleasure to meet you! I apologize for any um... scuffs that may have been left on your doorframe. Would you like me to pay for the damages?" While she awaited the artist's response, Sigrun's attention was tugged to the side as Halvard asked if Limi's new enthusiastic and theatrical acquaintance reminded her of anyone...

"A bit of... Randgrid when she and I were younger." She said quickly before looking to the stallion with the golden mane and bowing politely, "Good afternoon, Noble Warrior! I trust this day is treating you fairly? If you still have need of a cloak, mine is long and billowy... if a bit fuzzy." She chuckled softly before offering her own cloven hoof in a show of camaraderie. 

oedrVXf.png?1

Wind Walker waved a hoof at the friendly Diamond Dog and started to wonder about a few things. They all lived together in one big planet, but in Equestria everything was so pony-centric that she didn’t know a single useful thing about the other races. What she did know were generally stereotypes. Diamond Dogs were ugly and stupid. Dragons were greedy and mean. Caribou were crazy barbarians that got worse. Buffalo were weird and they smelled kind of funny. She knew griffons weren’t that bad because of Glimmer and Zelda. But the ones in Griffonstone were. And now Diamond Dogs. She knew they couldn’t all be ugly and stupid because of the pretty pup that was in the art store with her. There was also the Saddle Arabian mare that was with her. What did the filly know about them? They were tall and very wise. She had seen a couple during a few recent events.

She catch sight of her sister holding a box...oh dear. “Sis!”, she growled, “I doubt neither Zelda or Pressy own any rhinestones. At least not enough to fasten into their clothes. Yesh.” The older mare shrugged and returned the box to whence it came and continued her quest to find gifts for her friends. There would be no 'Bedazzling' today.

The filly returned her attention back to the very tall pony, "Sorry Miss Basira." Generally it was rather easy to get a brief idea of what type of a pony you were talking to by hearing their name. Although that wasn't always the case. A guy named 'Pocket Change' would always be a geek, while somepony known as Rarity would be nothing but class. But what the heck was an Pinkie Pie? Or a Presteza? Almost sounded like a special variation of a pretzel. Maybe one with pizza toppings? Maybe Basira was a special word for 'glamorous' or 'regal'. 

"Both Fire and I are from here.", Wind replied, "We don't live here anymore. Now my parents and I live in Ponyville.", she remembered the look of total heartbreak  when her parents were called back into full service. Her father and mother had planned to retire to Las Pegasus. Then those horrible Changelings attacked Ponyville and her father was needed to stay with the R.E.A. "It's nice and all, but the ponies there are super fun. How is Saddle Arabia? I heard it's all desert and there are ponies covered in bandages that like to pop out of coffins and chase explorers around." Daring Doo also liked to look at some pyramids and check out some heads. And possibly fight those bandaged ponies.

And speaking of meanies, there were now two of those weird Cari-boo-boo's here! And sure enough, they looked kind of scary with their big vampony fangs and their oddly fuzzy necks. Her sister mentioned that they had some problems awhile back and they were generally good and noble-people, but Fire Walker said that about everyone! She would stay near Basira for the moment until her sister finished up her shopping. So far, the older mare seemed to be oblivious to new 'guests' that had entered the store.

XqEzCsl.png

Whatever the guardpony was doing to demonstrate good faith through his actions, it wasn’t working on Lími. The caribou’s grip on his very own cloak only tightened as the pegasus’s requests grew more forceful. Lími looked through the soldier’s soul, and saw somepony of questionable mind. Would it be possible for this intruder of personal space to recklessly damage or destroy that which Lími valued?

“Ugggh... please, not my-” the cloak’s owner grunted in struggle. Only one option was clear now; under no circumstances should Lími dare lend his cloak to the madpony!

So of course Halvard had to butt in and propose a foolhardy compromise. On the contrary, it only drove Lími’s anxiety off the charts. A thief’s reward!!!? The young bull gulped, understanding that phrase in the way that only a Viking Caribou of Whitescar could. That Dawnguard would successfully make off with his cloak — a cloak that Jarl Sigrun went through great pains to purchase for her son — and keep it til the end of his days!

In the end, Dawnguard eventually gave up his game of tug-o-war. But there would be no additional mercy for Lími, who found himself enveloped in the hug of the Mighty Sigrun. Mother! the young bull could barely exclaim through the cow’s fur while his forelegs feebly returned the embrace. It was all over in a matter of seconds though, saving Lími from the bone-crushing depths of his mother’s love.

But the young bull was still not out of the Woods of Awkwardness yet. “But Sigrun,” Lími protested in hushed voices as his mother addressed Dawnguard as his new friend; “That pony warrior and I have not crossed paths until today. Surely you perceive how..... peculiar he is.” Lími hesitantly leaned close to Sigrun’s ear; “I uhhh... I do not think he is of sound mind.”

Of course, it must be said that Lími once thought of Chipper Demise in that very same light... and look how splendid their friendship turned out!

Keeping silent, Lími hoped the overzealous guard would accept Sigrun’s cloak (and not complain it was too big) and leave him alone. Then again, fate never seemed to work in the way the caribou bull wanted it to.....

MRxf2Yw.png

Indeed! The robust stature, a valiant wall to stand in the path of all evils that dared traversed the wintery, winding roads of Whitescar...noble Guardians of the Road to Divine JUSTICE was undoubtedly the calling of Halvard and his kin! And such a calling was nearly as good as a Righteous Avenger.

Not quite, but nearly.

"Valiant guardians of Snow-Trodden Pathways," the white Pegasus exclaimed, sweeping low into a bow that nonetheless remained somewhat upright, thanks to the curled hoof still clasped tightly in front of his face, "likened spirits that defend country and kin from the perilous forces of EVIL. The fates have intertwined our paths, to have crossed this day 'neath the radiant sunlight of Her Royal Highness." Never mind that they were currently indoors - the sun still shone either way, and equally shone upon their fated meeting of...fates. Of Destiny? Fated Meeting of...

...Fortune! Their Fated Meeting of Fortune. 

Ah yes, alliteration. Alliteration was always good.

Thusly introduced in spectacular form, Dawnguard was free to turn in attention onto the massive bovine that had recently entered the shop - for she, quite suddenly, provided a most noble relief to his ongoing quest! "Ah, the Silver-Eyed Warrior of Gargantuan Proportions!" the REA member christened, blue eyes greedily drinking in the equally gargantuan cloak that was wrapped around her shoulders, "a most generous offer! Your kind benevolence towards a Chosen Warrior will not be forgotten in the coming days of darkness." So speaking, the Pegasus eagerly accepted the grey cloak, and stepped back a few paces to carefully drape it around himself. As predicted, the garment quickly fell towards the floor as it dwarfed his body, entirely encompassing him in never-ending fluff, and it. 

Was.

Awesome

"A perfect fit!" Dawnguard cried triumphantly, wings bursting out to launch himself into the air, the cloak bellowing - rather majestically, in his opinion - behind him as he held Daybreak aloft. "Such a visage is truly fitting for a Swift and Righteous Avenger of Justice. What say you," the white Pegasus bellowed, abruptly swinging mid-air to face the artist himself, "Painter of the Keenest of Peaches? Does such a garment accurately reflect the unending bloodline of heroes coursing through my veins like a riptide of ever-reaching light?!" 

Nightingale laughed again, an airy chime that was somehow...chilling.

At the mare's offer of selling flowers, however, she stopped laughing.  There was something strange about her behavior, and she could only but blame it on her memories and this mare.  She was desperately trying to cover up the emotions that threatened to bubble up inside of her, and she knew she sounded like a fool.  

Oh Daddy...if you saw me now...

She gave an internal shake of her head, No need to feel embarressed about yourself, Nightingale.  You made the right decision, and there's no doubt about that.

"Flowers eh?  And in Fillydelphia?  I wouldn't mind purchasing some...but Filly's kinda far from travel going alone..."

"I... y-yes I suppose..." She replied, a little distracted by the mare's laugh and what was going on in the store in general.

"I d-do deliveries, if th-that would be better." Flora added, managing a small smile at Nightingale. 

Cashmere chuckled as the hat was placed on his head, tipping it at Peachy with his magic, and grinning roguishly. "Oh but nothing shall happen to the artist while his loyal tailor is so close at hoof" He cooed.

"Mhm for you? I just might consider wearing one.." Taking a seat near Peachy just to watch the ponies pass through, He had no real drive for a portrait, he didn't need one, the real work of art was the stallion controlling the brush after all~

Halvard's attempt to reassure his stepson... didn't quite go as planned.  The poor lad looked even more nervous, leaving the bull feeling a little awkward and ungainly.  Usually, this kind of feeling in a caribou was shortly buried under aggression, but he knew perfectly well that anything like that would be completely counter-productive to what he actually wanted.

Fortunately, Sigrun was able to resolve the issue with the loan of her own cloak, which the boisterous Dawnguard accepted.  He looked ridiculous in the too-large getup, but Halvard managed to keep his mirthful expression down to a wry smile.  "Well, Limi, I should hardly think a little enthusiasm for heroism was unsound thinking.  We'd be in much more trouble were it less common, after all, even if we sometimes have to help them keep their heads."  He hoped the advice would be helpful; the lad was planning to be something of a diplomat, after all, and that meant that he would be spending pretty much the rest of his life dealing with whatever oddness the Southerners chose to throw at him.  You couldn't afford to be judgmental in that position.

Halvard was never quite sure why his mate seemed to be embarrassed at justly deserved praise, but it was delightful all the same to be able to do so in foreign lands.  Even if the natives seemed somewhat nervous.  For instance, there was one filly giving the three of them nervous looks.  She had apparently gotten her painting earlier in the day.  Would it be a good idea to say hello?  He probably should, in any case.  Shortly, he would be hobnobbing with diplomats at a Gala, and if he couldn't get a young filly to trust him, how could he do good work with adults.  "Good morning!"  He said to her, as cheerily as possible.  It might have come out as slightly booming.  "I hope we all haven't been too overwhelming for you, young one."

• 4 months later...

MRxf2Yw.png

Mmm, yes, such did the Bou of the North agree with his most astute sentiments.

The cloak trailed rather magnificently 'cross the floor as Dawnguard strut to and fro, admiring the way it fanned out behind him. Yes, such was an appropriate look for a Chosen Warrior of Light! Perhaps with a bit of gold trim 'round the edges, to compliment the golden armor he wore, proudly boasting the insignia of the Royal Guard...and with a mighty dragon stitched onto the back - no! An Alicorn of white and gold, symbolic of his pure strength of harmony against all the tides of Darkness!

It would...serve. Its purpose. Indeed.

Though before Dawnguard could voice his thoughts on cloak improvement towards the Esteemed Lender of Cloaks, the chiming of a clock caught his attention, causing golden hair to go flying around as the white Pegasus' head swiveled towards the sound. Great, Galloping Gadzooks! The time of his lunch break had gone and passed with nary a whimper, and all Dawnguard could suddenly see in minds' eye was his CO bearing down on him, breathing the flaming wrath of scorn and misery...

And latrine duty!

"But how fast the hour approaches!" the REA guard cried in alarm, all but tripping over himself to make haste out the door, "I must away to the...great evils that bear down upon, it - he's going to kill me!"

And if he turned many a heads thanks to the oversized cloak that tripped him on the streets of Canterlot on more than one occasion, for once Dawnguard paid them no heed as he fled back to the barracks with all the Avenging Righteousness of a late recruit. His quest for a portrait of Divining Justice would have to wait...

At least until evening free time.

[[ Exit ]]

[[ OOC : Thanks again for the beautiful picture, McDerp! You are astounding in every which way I know you. ]]

Archived