heart_entwine_by_assasinmonkey-dbj133r.p

We all waited so long for this story.

Another week which means another episode full of the adorable ponies we all know and love!  Or in this case two!  A day late and a dollar short, but here is the official thread!  Anyway, now on to the second episode of Saturday! A Perfect Pear!  Six years we have waited for the story of Applejack's parents, six years we wondered what they were like and filled the fandom with headcanon, well now the official answer is here!   This episode was absolutely wonderful and the biggest tear jerker, so prepare! :sleep:

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. As the episode has already been widely aired, there is no need to bother with spoiler tags, just chat away! :blush:

"The Perfect Pear" is, by far THE best new episode of the current season!

We see a very warm, touching story involving how the Apple sibling's parents got together.

AND why Granny Smith has always HATED pears (both the fruit AND the 'family')

The ending was amazing, this episode had me from start to finish!

TEN out of ten stars!  If it were possible, I'd give it ELEVEN out of ten stars!

BBB's right, this WAS the story the entire fandom was waiting for, and it delivered PERFECTLY!!!!

:smirk::smirk::smirk:

Yeah, this one was easily the best episode of the season so far. I've heard plenty say that is one of the better episodes of the entire series. It will easily go in my top ten..

Spoiler

Don't have a single negative thing to say...When I heard William Shatner was going to voice an character way back, I assumed he was going to play a BIG SHATNER CHARACTER. Wonderbolt Star. Superhero. But nope, he played the Apple's grandfather..And he did a really good job. Especially at the end..When you realize he never got to see his daughter again...all for some stupid feud.

Loved the Sam Elliott horse (Burnt Oak). Shame they couldn't get him to voice the character.

I loved Bright Mac and Pear Butter's design..and everything with the was freaking adorable....And seeing younger versions of the Mayor and Mrs Cake. <3

I did tear up abit...Probably the first toon I've done to that was not a Disney/Pixar film.

Great post, Tacobob!

I had NO idea Grand Pear was voiced by William Shatner!

WOW!

Yet another 'Star Trek' connection in the World of Equestria!

I wonder who will be the NEXT 'Guest Voice' from that franchise?

My guess would be Michael Dorn ("Worf") because he's done a lot of previous voiceover work on cartoon shows.

Zoe Saldana, who plays Uhura in the current Star Trek movies (And was also plays Gamora in the Marvel movies along with a ton of other films) is playing Captain Celaeno in the MLP movie. That's the cute anthro parrot pirate. :geek:

This is one of the best episodes of the entire series, and one of a few that was more dramatic than comedic. The story it tackles isn't new, but is told well, and more importantly, with the purity of raw emotion. The characters were great and establish in a single episode what other shows sometimes fail to establish throughout their runtime, and does so while answering some deep questions about best pony Applejack. The writing was great, characters fantastic, and the song was amazing. Shatner and Day put in amazing performances, but I think we're glossing over Bill Newton as Bright Mac. He did an excellent job as well, which goes for every single person who worked on this episode.

This was one of the best episodes this season created. While it was heavily influenced by Romeo and Juliet (which being a Shakespeare fan I don't mind), it had an interesting twist of the Apple siblings traveling to different ponies to learn the origins of their parents meeting and falling in love. The song that Bright Mac sang to Pear Butter. Very cute. The way the ending was wrapped up between the Apples and Pears was very touching as well. While we didn't get to answer what happened to AJ and Co's parents after Big Mac, AJ, and Apple Bloom were born, we at least get to see them and how they became a family. 

Guys, I legit cried over how sweet this episode was (all while shouting "Stop giving me feelings!" at the tv) and I love Bright Mac and Pear Butter's characters. They're so cute and such a good depiction of their relationship in only 20 minutes!

• 1 month later...

Archived