Slighty used cast members

Boss_Hoss1

Thanks to a link in the "What is RPing?" thread, I found Snails is indeed available for me to try and land the part of, but there is a prior post of him in "FiM cast" from back in April.

Are we expected to post them as they originally appeared here or write them up by your own take on the character, like I saw done for Applejack recently with 2-3 different people trying for the role?

Everyone who wishes to apply for a cast member must put in an app for them, each time the character is to be played by someone new. When someone releases a cast member, it becomes free for someone to apply for. From there, it becomes a part of the honor system that nobody else will play those characters again. It's worked just fine thus far that way!

Thanks to a link in the "What is RPing?" thread, I found Snails is indeed available for me to try and land the part of, but there is a prior post of him in "FiM cast" from back in April.

Are we expected to post them as they originally appeared here or write them up by your own take on the character, like I saw done for Applejack recently with 2-3 different people trying for the role?

You can do your own take on them but you have to make your own app, as Skye said. If you want to take inspiration from the previous app though, that's okay too, but it must all be your own work.

I'm playing a second-hand, yet mint-condition Lyra; by which I mean the previous user apped her, but never played her. I got a little inspiration from the previous app, but for the most part it's all my own stuff. Of course, Lyra is a background character with no real official personality, so it's hard to compare her to Snails, but you get the idea.

I'm sorry to say but there is already a snails app that has been accepted.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1203

With all due respect, the CURRENT FiM Cast list shows Snails as 'Available':

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2020

Apparently, the previous appilcant either surrendered him voluntarily or did not follow the Cast rules and lost him that way.

The accepted app is months old, and I think this is why Boss is asking the question.

I'm sorry to say but there is already a snails app that has been accepted.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1203

With all due respect, the CURRENT FiM Cast list shows Snails as 'Available':

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2020

Apparently, the previous appilcant either surrendered him voluntarily or did not follow the Cast rules and lost him that way.

The accepted app is months old, and I think this is why Boss is asking the question.

It might have been an oversight if the applicant surrendered him over the app would of been locked and stored long ago.

I'll talk to Tales(The person who is in control of the cast list) and get this straightened out. I would prefer to at least talk to the previous applicant about it until then that app is valid.

EDIT:

I looked over that list and by the looks of it, it may need to be updated since Fluttershy is probably no longer available since the previous applicant(WillowWisp) has returned and recently played as her.

Yeah. When I put forth my Gilda app (and I'm well aware I haven't played her yet; still not entirely sure where to start), I made sure not to be be too influenced by the existing app and more go with my own interpretation of her character. Although in my case, I don't think the previous user ever RP'd her either, so I didn't have much to worry about.

I guess I have a saying here. I gave up on Snails a long time ago, but I just warned Meow about that. I guess it slipped away from her, because I gave up on him a long time ago. So he truly is available for application.

Some people were just confused because the application got locked, but then it was left in the FiM Cast applications section still.