what were you guys like when you were foals?

Angie Cakes

I dunno, lets just hear some interesting stories :lol:

things I liked: cats, chocolate, candy, tv, drawing

things I disliked: walking on grass with bare feet, getting dirty

what I looked like: I never cut my hair from kindergarden to grade 6, I kept my hair up in a pony tail that went down to my lower back, I only owned cat t-shirts and jeans

personality: very quiet and well-behaved

how much I've changed: not very much. I'm a bit louder, I keep my hair short and I don't like candy, cats and tv as much as I used to

when I was little, my parents told me that the ice cream truck was the bed time truck. the music that the bed time truck plays is a lullaby and when it comes by, that means it's time to go to bed. when I got older and started questioning why there were pictures of ice cream on the side, my parents told me it was just advertising ._. once I learned what the ice cream truck was, my dad bought a box of cheap ice cream from the store and told us it came from the ice cream truck. the first time I had ice cream from the ice cream truck was at a friend's birthday in grade three. XD but they did eventually buy us ice cream from the ice cream truck :3

in grade one, our class went down to the computer lab and got to use the internet for the first time. there were dozens of kids yelling in excitement when they found out that they just won $1 000 000 for being the one millionth viewer.

what? I'm on oatmeal now! I feel like part of the site ºUº

EDIT:

I guess I can't say that I WAS a kid since these stories are coming from ages that I haven't reached yet ._. I still have two more years at least...

lets hear some stories from when you guys were REALLY little :) those are all the funny ones

I was shyer than Fluttershy and more socially awkward than Twilight Sparkle. :oops:

I pretty much kept to myself outside a very small number of friends. I was smarter than all the other kids and got really good grades throughout school in everything

Spent all my free time watching cartoons and playing video games.

I've opened up a lot more with people since then and become a little better adjusted.

I've also slacked off... my university grades are kind of mediocre.

And I spend my free time pretty much the same way.

hi hi

I had a... rough time of it when I was younger. I'll try to make this not sound melancholy though. My likes and dislikes haven't changed all that much since I was little, I still like drawing and kitties and donuts.

On the topic of my personality, I'd have to say I've changed quite a lot. I remember being a pretty awful kid myself, I remember throwing tantrums and getting into fights with my brother. Sometimes I'm surprised I still have so many memories of my pre-school days... ((I still remember learning how to sing the lasagna song in daycare, blowing bubbles outside and having my first taste of the poison known as squash, all pre-preschool memories.))

As for the rest of my school days, I got picked on a lot when I was in elementary school, and it got even worse in middle school. That made me a lot more reclusive than I used to be, and I still don't make friends as easily as I used to. Middle school was pretty darn miserable for me and my grades suffered because of it which in turn only made things worse. By the time I was in high school, I was behind and I was having trouble catching up. Eventually though, I came to terms with my situation, stopped letting the harassment get under my skin. I think I ended highschool with a grade point average of about 1.4 out of 4, but my first semester of college, I proved that I'd turned a new page, stunning my folks with a ~3.5 out of 4. Anyway, in a sense, I got to see both sides of the coin, up and down. And while I sometimes wish my childhood had been easier, I suppose the silver lining is that it has given me some perspective on things, and helps me not take stuff for granted.

((I guess that is why I like Luna so much, cause I remember being angry all time time, but I eventually learned my lesson.)

I was a very...impressionable youth, but prone to connecting dots that didn't necessarily togethor.

For instance, looking at the horizon around me, I came to the conclusion as a child that planets were shaped like Snowglobes, and thanks to the film Airplanes 2, I was also under the impression that States were planets, and that we were going into outer space when we visited family in Missouri.

I was also easily entertained. Still am to a degree. I remember being really into The Rockford Files. I was a real product of the 80's though. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...He-Man...Buck O'Hare...The original My Little Pony did not air in my area at the time, so I was never influenced by it. I do remember My Pretty Piggies, The New Adventures of Peter Pan, Gummy Bears, Duck Tales, Thundercats, and The Toxic Avengers.

Cartoons were simply just a main fixture in my life, mostly because we lived out in the country, and didn't always get to hang out with my friends from school much outside of seeing each other at school.

I was a hoof-full and then some. I was like a combination of Twilight and Derpy hooves. I would score higher than college level in some areas and.. below average in others... :oops: ...and my imagination drove me to do some CMC style stunts that made my parent gasp. I could climb trees, doorways and even escaped from my crib as a toddler by pulling up and shinnying down the bars...

I also have a strange tie to horses. Mom says it took them untill I was three to get me to stop "galloping" on all fours anywhere I had to go quickly. and the first thing I asked my parents as a full question was "where is my tail?" :sniff:

After testing, I was told I was a "clutterer" -explained to me as having dyslexia, but centered on numbers. It's not as bad now but still hits me in unexpected ways even now. I guess these days I would have been diagnosed with ADD too... :?:

I was a gentle kid. As soon as I could read I spent my life doing that. I used to hide myself under a desk or a table with my book and read. I also watched TV a lot ; my dad loved cinema and TV, and we still have awesome cartoons on vinyl-like recordings. We could watch old looney tunes cartoons that probably dated from the fifties, we had a lot of early Disney films, and we watched cartoons on TV too.

I liked school when I was a kid too, but I never worked at all. I never had to to succeed, so I just pretended to do so at home, and I had good grades so I was largely left alone. I was still buggered a lot to do my homework, which annoyed me to no end, like everybody else I guess (eventually, when I was 11 or 12 maybe, my parents stopped being on my back all the time, and as a result I stopped doing even that).

And I remember fighting. It happened from time to time. It was a bit like random explosions ; I let a lot of things slides and then charged at some minor remark. I think I used to accumulate anger until it bursted off or something. I eventually grew out of it.

I still like most of the same things I used to like when I was a kid, all in all I haven't changed much, I think. It wasn't bad to be a kid, but I'm happy to be an adult now.

I was almost completely different when I was a kid.

Circa 1998 (age 5), I was in karate, I loved hiking and running around, I read books feverishly (even more than I played video games, a horrifying thought), I loved every kind of bug, and I beat up my older sister if she made me mad.

Nowadays, I'm cowardly (lover, not a fighter), I'm lazy as all hell, I have willingly read maybe 3 books in the past several years, I'm a gaming addict in a way, I tend to swat away bugs the second they're in my personal space, and my older sister likes to beat me up sometimes.

OH THE TIMES THEY ARE A-CHANGING :U

Well I looked up to my drunk dad that had no job and did nothing to help the family.

Now I'm a drunk with no job and well not do one thing to help my girl... best man EVER! :smug:

All joking past (well, I'm going so say that was a joke...) not a tone for now. Back win I was young I was just as mad, not caring, steeling and dinker like now. all that's new is a dink whisky not appeal. (I like mixing the two) and I'm bigger. Sooo ya! :( Like my mom told me I'm fail ship day one. haha! :o

Eih, I try to forget my younger days. I'm fairly sure I was quiet to the point of creepy and at the same time, in-your-face-trolling. I dunno. If nobody talked to me, I didn't. I didn't go out of my way to make friends. At the same time, if I was being picked on for being the smarter kid, I would kick their shins and then hide behind teachers. That continued until high school. Good news was the Drama club and Sci-fi club showed me there were other weirdos out there. Friends were easier then. I was much better with my elders though, the awkward little kiss-ass that I am. I made my money as an alter server.

Also, I liked drawing. I did other people's art homework for a dollar or two. I also had a wonderful art tutor, who showed me both traditional painting and classic rock. I'm still in contact with him all these years from now. I never knew how a man with Polio would walk a hundred pound Doberman.

I was, and am still at heart, a country kid.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are from grandma's farm, where I used to crawl around in the hay loft, looking for newborn kittens, and splash in the shallow water in the nearby lake. There was and old mill in the property, too, and we kids were strictly forbidden from going there alone, which of course meant it was our favorite playground.

Another defining point of my younger days is that I was right from the start the sort of kid who was perfectly happy being alone, with only my imagination for company. I had about a truckload of toy animals that I played with, acting out long, complex stories (as complex as a kid can come up with, anyhow) and I could draw, and later read for hours on end without any interference.

things I liked: tv, drawing, getting dirty, reading Zoobooks (I loved reading EVERYTHING animals)

things I disliked: candy (what kind of kid didn't like candy? Me apparently lol)

what I looked like: Had very long dark brown hair that it reached my waist. Always had my hair either in braids or pigtails. Loved wearing a pink shirt with white overalls with my sketchers light up shoes.

personality: very quiet and deeply absorbed in books like Twilight, but also loud and energetic like Pinkie Pie

As a kid, I would have made THE perfect Cutie Mark Crusader. I loved to drive adults crazy by running around in the house chasing after my friends screaming while the dog would bark and chase after us. I loved doing dangerous stunts as a kid, one of them was after I watched Home Alone, my friends and I thought it would be the GREATEST IDEA EVER to take the mattress, leave the front door to the house open, all three of us hop on the mattress, and go sliding down the stairs. We'd do that over and over and over till one of our parents had to yell at us to stop or we'd get hurt from doing that.

One of my most favorite things to do was visit my friend's house and help care for the chickens, horses, and other animals. I'd also help pick apples, vegetables, whatever chores there were. Sometimes my friends would invite other friends or relatives and we'd all hang out in our treehouse playing boardgames, play with whatever toys we brought with us, read books, or talk about recent events that happened at school.

Another favorite thing of mine to do was explore the woods in my friend's backyard and go down to the river either catching fish with our bare hands turning it into a contest of who can catch the most (we'd never catch any lol), or splosh in the mud having a mud fight throwing mud at each other, or mud wrestling, leaving our parents angry for getting our new clothes dirty lol.

Dammit, I'm 19 and already miss my fun childhood, now I want it back :c

I grew up when I was five years old. I had a very broken family and mostly lived in my dad's truck as we darted place to place as he built billiards and installed jacuzzis and spas for the rich folk. I got to meet a lot of interesting people, and was very gentle and quiet.

In a school setting though, I was manic and ferocious. It steadily got worse and worse, resulting in fights, almost-detached fingers ( I was a biter), and lots and lots of screaming and crying. I just didn't like the kids I saw everyday, but I loved kids that I saw only once in my whole life. I was a very confusing kid.

I did have my art though, and I loved to read and doodle on everything. I still do. Funnily, I'm more of a child now than I was so many years ago. Part of this second childhood was kicked-started by FiM actually, as well as a new love of Disney movies that I didn't have as a tot. So...to answer this, I'm still a foal...only Mare-aged. :geek:

things I liked: Nintendo, Pokemon, Baseball, bugs, school

things I disliked: long waits, onions, books

what I looked like: I was a VERY tiny little dude.

personality: Well behaved. adventurous

how much I've changed: A LOT

I remember I used to pick up and observe just about any creepy crawly I could get my hands on(VERY BAD IDEA). I still love bugs but I am not as hands on about them anymore :geek: . I loved nintendo for a long time. Legend of Zelda was the best thing ever imo back then. I unfortunately turned away from nintendo when Halo came out. Never went back. As for the base ball..............Well I switched over to football in highschool. That became my favorite sport.

things I liked: TV, Hanging out with friends, Making stuff/building

things I disliked: Sitting still for too long, cleaning

what I looked like: I had short brown hair, thin, wore t-shirt and jeans

personality: Very hyper and always talking. I love talking to people and trying to meet new friends. I was very silly as well.

how much I've changed: I'm actually the complete opposite, very shy and socially awkward. I'm awful at meeting people and am a lot more reclusive.

Thinking back, I was close to being Pinkie Pie, and now I'm closer to a Fluttershy/Twilight mix. I'm actually such a different person now, I almost think my past self IS a completly different person. I do prefer my present self though, from what I remember I was rather annoying and sometimes kinda mean.

I loved doing dangerous stunts as a kid, one of them was after I watched Home Alone, my friends and I thought it would be the GREATEST IDEA EVER to take the mattress, leave the front door to the house open, all three of us hop on the mattress, and go sliding down the stairs. We'd do that over and over and over till one of our parents had to yell at us to stop or we'd get hurt from doing that.

ah I used to do that all the time with my sister and cousin XD except we went down the basement stairs on couch cushions and our parents didn't mind because we piled up pillows and stuff at the bottom. we also set up pillows and cushions everywhere to practice our backflips and karate.

We're gonna put this one at ages 6-9, which was pretty much the defining years of my childhood.

things I liked: My Little Pony, little house on the prairie, the Ramona books, Halloween, being in the woods, pretending to have a band, pretending I had a magical unicorn , video games (Atari, NES), bad B-movies, Muppets. (you know, pretty much the same crap I like now)

Favorite bands: We're just gonna make this its whole own section... I spent a LOT of time taping music off the radio/listening to records. #1 with a bullet was Def Leppard. Never to be topped. Also: Duran Duran, the Stray Cats, Judas Priest, Meatloaf, Tears for Fears, the Talking Heads, Queen, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Warren Zevon, Michael Jackson, Madonna (Duh, 80's), Iron Maiden (more towards 9, after I started hearing heavier stuff like Metallica and Slayer, my Step-Brother's favorite bands, it seemed less scary, and only the singles until I got older), Cyndi Lauper, Bruce Springsteen (Note: I grew up in Monmouth County, NJ. You are not allowed to NOT like the boss), Alice Cooper and David Bowie (both Bowie and Cooper of these were promoted by the Muppet Show,and then reinforced my my mother), the J. Giles Band, Van Halen, Dire Straits, random stuff you would hear on a best-of New Wave compilation (ESPECIALLY in 1985, the year we did not have cable so listened to the radio, so holy hell do I love me some Ah-Ha's "Take on Me", since the first time I heard it was also the first time I saw a building burning to the ground). Oddly (bands I can't stomach anymore): The Police, Toto, Starship (we built this city was one of my 1st grade Jams, my love for this band stopped when I heard Sara), Survivor, Kenny Loggins, Genesis and Pink Floyd. Holy hell I loved the Wall when I was little (again, this was my mom's doing). Now it seems ultra-trite.

things I disliked: barbie, being girly, my classmates (who were a bunch of total jerks), bands that my classmates liked. Full House.

what I looked like: pretty much like I do now. My hair was a much prettier golden reddish blonde then though, and down to my butt. 10 is when I got it all cut off.

personality: A lot like I am now, a bit devious, but much MUCH less grounded.

how much I've changed: I'm less of an entitled, impatient little snot, but other than that not much at all.

Oh little Scotchie. She was a card. She liked tacky jewelry and building boats with her one year younger brother. She loved pretending she was in a band (The first one was called Shark Attack, and starred her brother as "Mike Thrill" and she was "Daisy" and they penned such hits as "Shark attack on vacation" , "Shark Attack Cobra" (my brother's songs) and "Boing-a-boing-boing to the Butterfly Zone" (Clearly, mine.). Later Shark Attack disbanded, we dropped the fancy pseudonyms when we got chopsticks and a traschcan, and we formed "Energized" (The main songs were "Energized and ready to go" and "Tiger come back" (which was about a cat being trapped in yet another Zone)). She was made fun of a lot on school, and injured herself quite a bit trying to skateboard. From ages 8-12 she was on rollerskates more than that cat from Cats and Co (the junkyard cats from the Heathcliff cartoon). I also had a radio with me almost all times (and until 2nd grade it was this one:

SunbeamRadio.jpg

Pretty much all you need to know about little Scotchie's way of thinking can be summed up in my choice of halloween costumes from 6-9, no urging whatsoever from my mother.

Kindergarten: "The caped kitty" a garish pink and black cat themed superhero. I got a little TOO into it. Everyone thought I was insane.

First Grade: Cotton Candy (the pony) this was my one and only store-bought costume, and was backlash for the previous years' people thinking I was insane. I still have this costume.

Second Grade: I got back to my roots, and this costume was rather Jem-inspired. neon pink hair crimped and in several pigtails, a gold lamé mini dress, unnecessary belts. Wings. I was supposedly a "punk fairy" whatever the hell that means.

Third Grade: A tourist. Basically an excuse to indulge in what would later become a full-on vintage suitcase addiction upon turning into an adult.

After this, all my ponies were thrown away, and I became a rebellious jerk for the next 12 years. The only item of note was an obsession with having a leather motorcycle hat like Rob Halford's from Judas Priest. And spending hours upon hours poofing out my hair and shredding my jeans. And playing lots of skeeball at the arcade. And being rather violent towards neighborhood bullies.

From ages 8-12 she was on rollerskates more than that cat from Cats and Co (the junkyard cats from the Heathcliff cartoon)

Wordsworth I think? Man, the Catillac cats were awesome. :D

But anyway, my childhood... it was odd I guess? I was a pretty sheltered kid until I was about six or seven, when I became a really sheltered kid until I was about 13-14. Really wasn't a bad childhood but I missed out on a lot of fads and cool things. I was the kid you would see wearing button shirts and slacks, his nose deep in a book. Or maybe with a pair of coveralls, out wading in the creek behind the barn. Or fidgeting on that extremely hard church pew for hours on end. @_@

Though back when I was six I liked, no, loved things like Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh, anything with dinosaurs and really anything Disney. Granted, I still like most of those today but yeah, those were my likes. Strangely enough I actually disliked Power Rangers. I know most kids then were all "Power Rangers are totally rad bro!" but I couldn't get into it. Thought it was too silly I guess. :P