Tally : 1473 (hopefully) ponies donated. Ponies for Charity. Most Toys for Tots Pickups are on the 16th, so get those ponies in there!

flutterscotch

Yes, that is supposed to be domination, and not donation, although both are appropriate. Even though Christmas (and other holidays, but Christmas is the most likely culprit for toy donation bins) is a few months away, you can get started on your hoard now!

Inspired by a co-worker (who just received a box of unopened ponies and plans on donating them all), I thought it would be fun if this holiday season if we basically flooded toy collection bins with ponies and kept a running tally of how many ponies are out there in the hands of a child directly because of Canterlot.com members. (note, please donate on your own, and just say how much you've donated and to what organization below)

So hit the clearance bins and sales now! All kind of toy donation bins will be up sooner than you think!

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a wonderful idea, and doubly so in the nature of the show. I think i may put my ponies in a bag labeled "for boy or girl" (that way they arent auto-sorted based on it being a pony toy, then again they'll open the bag at some point to make sure its appropriate).

Maybe I can implement a site tally bar with Artax when the season comes, i'll think about it some.

Maybe I can implement a site tally bar with Artax when the season comes, i'll think about it some.

Unfortunately, no.

Whilst a nice idea, it's not something we'd implement as a 'front page' item where space is becoming an increasingly difficult asset to manage.

flutterscotch is welcome to use this thread and the ability to edit the original post to their advantage to show a 'tally' if they should choose to keep such a thing.

• 2 months later...

So everyone, on Monday, I am donating 10 ponies that I've been amassing to Toys for Tots, through work. I hope you will all join me in at least placing one pony in a bin this holiday season! If even half the people on this forum donated just one pony, that would be 700 kids who would have a smile when opening a gift for whatever holiday the celebrate. That's the equivalent of giving a pony to every single child in an average elementary school in Nebraska! And I looked up that statistic just for you!

Even if you can't afford to pay for ponies, Hasbro has teamed up with Generation On and has pledged that for every person who pledges to do something helpful this holiday season, to donate a Hasbro toy to Toys for Tots. While you can't guarantee that your pledge will put a pony in the hands of a child, it is still a good cause.

They types of pledges seem to only take a time commitment from you. And it's not a time commitment that requires you to be anywhere, or do any specific thing at any specific time, or perform volunteer hours anywhere. It mostly involves promising to be socially and environmentally responsible during the holidays, but you have to do it through Generation On's Facebook page or or Website it doesn't count toward Hasbro's donation. You only have until December 13th to pledge!

Please tell me what you've donated, or how you've pledged to Generation On, and I can keep a running tally here so we can all be proud of the impact we've made!!! You can also PM me, if you don't want to be public about it. The tally will reflect the FORUMS's generosity, not individuals'.

I will even count it if you donated earlier this month.

• Like 1

I'll be donating 10 brushables to toys for tots <3

:TSparkle: :TSparkle: :TSparkle: :TSparkle:

Thank you! I'll update the total, along with the extra pony I found lurking in my house. :)

You also signed on for that GenerationOn thing, so 11 ponies!

So, apparently you can sign up large groups of people, so I signed up the entire forum under my e-mail. I hope GenerationOn and Hasbro honor it.

This is the project that I selected: http://www.generatio..._holidays_0.pdf

Basically all you all need to do is during the holiday season to remind the members of your household to conserve our natural resources. Turn off your Christmas tree or other lit holiday decorations when you are not using them, turn lights off in rooms where they are not needed. Don't waste water; maybe time yourself in the shower or better sort your laundry so that the time they take to wash and dry is minimized. You don't need to provide literal feedback or proof of anything to anyone for this project, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't do it. This ultra passive-commitment on your part is just generally a good idea as a person living on this planet. And maybe it'll turn into a habit in your family if it is not already and we'll have clean water for awhile longer.

• Like 1

GenerationOn + Hasbro donated 113,631 toys!

There are still a few days to drop ponies off in Toys for Tots bins all across the United States (or other similar toy drives in other countries) Most places start picking up around the 16th though to allow for processing, so you don't have too much time left!