Chivalry Isn't Dead

Sweet Gent

Fillies and gentlecolts, good morning and happy first greetings. It is my hope to make many new friends, and beyond that... well, I don't get my hopes up.

Yesterday is history... I'm a twenty-five-year-old war veteran who had stumbled upon the joy and wonders of My Little Pony. To be honest, I really didn't have anything as encouraging growing up, but I was always buried in a book or a tabletop roleplay, or a video game with a moving storyline. My roleplaying history is far too lengthy and diverse to bother everypony with, but I've come here in search of sunnier pastures to say the least.

The future is a mystery... Right now I struggle as a short order cook just above minimum wage, writing myself into miserable corners and wondering what good could possibly enter my life. It as if a part of me is and always will be missing, but something tells me I'll hang in there and find whatever it is I'm looking for right when I've lost hope.

Today is a gift... That is why it is called the present. Its a gift to have stumbled into a clean, wholesome roleplaying community devoted to the best cartoon I've ever enjoyed. I'm ecstatic and overflowing with good expectations, and it would be a pleasure to meet you all.

Hello!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 posts anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Many thanks for the warm greetings, Tales.

How did I find this pasture? I was Googling around for a My Little Pony roleplay, and I got lucky. Good news is that I read all the rules and such prior to even registering. The even better news is that I have some experience with most of these rules, even enforcing a few of them as a teenage roleplay forum moderator long ago, especially character registration. But that was indeed a long time ago, and that subforum was deleted. I guess that's a bit of bad news.

Anyway, back to rock farming... er, lurking and learning how the roleplay works here, I mean. Needless to say, I'm full of ideas and eager to begin, but patiently getting familiar with the environment first.

• Like 1

Perhaps that would be best, Comrade Sweet. I welcome you to this fine and wholesome roleplaying establishment, having just recently joined myself not too long ago. Feel free to browse around, post your miserable corner writing, and lurk in whatever crannies you desire, as miserable or as happy as you could ever wish.

If you need help with anything at all, feel free to give me a message. I'm still getting used to that peculiar feeling that many know as acceptance, and I hope you will feel the same if it pleases you.

Until then, now, or ever my droog, salute and good health!

• Like 1

Perhaps that would be best, Comrade Sweet. I welcome you to this fine and wholesome roleplaying establishment, having just recently joined myself not too long ago. Feel free to browse around, post your miserable corner writing, and lurk in whatever crannies you desire, as miserable or as happy as you could ever wish.

If you need help with anything at all, feel free to give me a message. I'm still getting used to that peculiar feeling that many know as acceptance, and I hope you will feel the same if it pleases you.

Until then, now, or ever my droog, salute and good health!

Hello, Comrade Zeal! Very good to meet you, and Dobroe utro! Or... whatever time it is for you currently. I'm glad that you would understand that to some, being miserable is a comfortable pattern. But yes, acceptance is a surprising new norm in what may well become my new creative home away from home; Canterlot.

Good health to you too, friend.

I like how you speak. Or type in this case.

Welcome to Canterlot. Because its based on Minas Tirith. :D

Thanks for the greeting, and I'm finding myself slowly but surely glad to be here. Minas Tirith was indeed the inspiration, but I find Canterlot more interesting. Inside resides Princess Celestia, a being capable of raising and falling heavenly bodies such as the glorious sun, or the beautiful and mysterious moon...

Well then, you definitely seem happy to be here, and we're glad to have you. :)

This is definitely full of clean, fun RP, and there's quite a variety with more stuff in the works by the staff. Welcome aboard. :D

Plenty in the works is always good news. But I wonder if my concept for an original unicorn pony would go far in roleplay. He isn't original cast, but I imagine him fitting into the story. Speaking of story, I'm already enjoying the game linked in your signature. Thanks for poking my introduction thread.

Ooo! Welcome to Canterlot!

Thanks, friend! So far, it seems to be a calm and amazing place for decent bronies to write.

Welcome to Canterlot! Be sure to stop by Getting Started for a whole saddlebag full of goodies and useful information, including free avatars and templates! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time!

We've got many different things to do here, from the random chitchat and chattertalk, to out and out Roleplay! We do encourage you to explore and settle in, find your own little place here. Perhaps you draw? We have a section for art! We also have a Gallery! Do you write? We'd love to see your fanfics, stories and lore! There's a section for that! And if you're into the Roleplay, well, then you came to the right place! Compose music? We'd love to hear it!