NaNoWriMo Equestria Support Group!

flutterscotch

Novel writing month? Wow. I suddenly feel like a slacker and a jerk. On the other hand, the stuff I write is garbage so...

Bah. Anyway. Go Team Pony!

But NaNoWriMo is about quantity not quality! Write write write all through November then come December you can edit all you want. It's all about reaching that magical 50k!

But NaNoWriMo is about quantity not quality! Write write write all through November then come December you can edit all you want. It's all about reaching that magical 50k!

That is true.

For myself, at least, editing is a lot harder.

Mostly cause it requires diligence, which I do not have right now.

The way that I see myself writing fiction is that I'm telling a story, but I'm also finding about the story as I write it. Editing requires going back. It would be basically reading a story which you have just read, but very slowly.

I don't know, it just seems tedious.

I dunno if the shirt's a freebe for winning, but I know in the past tons of people got print-your-own certificates and self-publishing coupons from different companies for a 'print on demand' type deal. Personally I've never won but that's usually what the forums are buzzing with once NaNo's done with.

You know, I might just do this thing. Usually I spend about a solid month just planning, in meticulous detail, the story before I even set pen to paper. I'm a planning writer. But I haven't written a word of continuous prose since I finished my book earlier this year. This would be a pretty cool way to get back into the game... but with uni work, I don't know if I'll have the time necessary to dedicate to it now. And writing without a huge amount of planning?! I don't even! :-P

You're already better than me. :-(

Nonsense. 'Better' is relative. Writing has so many different angles to observe that it's impossible to just be generally 'better' than someone else. At least, that's my opinion.

I have decided to go for it, by the way, wrote my first 2000 words today. I can tell this one's going to be a novel of madness... I mean, even more than my usual stories :D

So, do we get anything for completing this?

I heard somewhere that you get a T-shirt cause that would be really cool

You can buy a shirt and help support NaNoWriMo but if you "win" you get some web badges stating that you've won for that year, a PDF certificate and a coupon to get a paperback copy of your novel printed. But the real prize is writing a novel in just one month!

Hmm, I already missed a day. I'm still trying to convince myself to do this.

If I hadn't done the pony version of this a month ago, I'd have a little more motivation.

I still have a couple of days to make my mind up. Considering how I accomplished nothing once again today, I may do it.