Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

the server says "can't resolve host name" and then when I try to join it says "failed to connect" and "unknown host" I've never had that happen before...

Be sure you typed the server address correctly.

Judging by your low post-count I'm assuming you were from Brohoof or were just a friend of someone on the server --- there was a whitelist implemented to keep them out, you have to request to be added before you can join.

Judging by your low post-count I'm assuming you were from Brohoof or were just a friend of someone on the server --- there was a whitelist implemented to keep them out, you have to request to be added before you can join.

He's new on the forum and already requested to be added, from what Bramble Rose says, he's whitelisted.

I'm not sure what Brohoof is (not the one you're referring to anyway)

I'm not sure what Brohoof is (not the one you're referring to anyway)

It's another MC server who invaded this one and apparently griefed it hard, presumably because they didnt want competition. They're the reason the server added a whitelist, to keep them out.

the server says "can't resolve host name" and then when I try to join it says "failed to connect" and "unknown host" I've never had that happen before...

Be sure the information is correct. I just tried logging in and had no issues.

olsonarts - I'm not even sure who you are, and you have only 22 posts. Please don't yell at us, and instead just tell us what your minecraft name is, and what happened.

mc name: Jacobanthony45

I was banned for greifing because someone saw me on a roof with yellow wool and thought i was greifing (i really wasent)

and sorry for yelling

It's another MC server who invaded this one and apparently griefed it hard, presumably because they didnt want competition. They're the reason the server added a whitelist, to keep them out.

Wait, what? I believe you are mistaken, we would never do anything like that. I own brohoof.com, if anyone from my server griefed yours, I want their names so I can ban them.

Also, I promote competition, as long as they don't rip us off and take credit for our builds, or act dishonorably, I list them here:

http://www.brohoof.c...ums/topic/7605-

I was asked to remove your server long ago by someone named "4TeamG", I'm not sure if he was one of yours. If you want me to list you again, I can.

I can't even fit all of the players that try to join my server, I use a reserve slot plugin and its full most of the day, so its kind of silly to say I don't like competition when the problem I'm facing is how to handle overpopulation.

So please, just clear our good name, or provide evidence. I hope it was someone from my server, I delight in banning dirtbags that grief other servers.

Wait, what? I believe you are mistaken, we would never do anything like that. I own brohoof.com, if anyone from my server griefed yours, I want their names so I can ban them.

Also, I promote competition, as long as they don't rip us off and take credit for our builds, or act dishonorably, I list them here:

I was asked to remove your server long ago by someone named "4TeamG", I'm not sure if he was one of yours. If you want me to list you again, I can.

I can't even fit all of the players that try to join my server, I use a reserve slot plugin and its full most of the day, so its kind of silly to say I don't like competition when the problem I'm facing is how to handle overpopulation.

So please, just clear our good name, or provide evidence. I hope it was someone from my server, I delight in banning dirtbags that grief other servers.

Our server isn't locally hosted and keeping a grief protection plugin was causing lag to all of the other ponies, So we decided to use a white-list so we don't have to worry about griefers.

Ashton is somewhat excitable at times. He means well, but his views do not reflect the views of the admins.

The view of the admins is not that it was brohoof's fault, but rather, that we had no problems with griefers till we were suddenly listed on brohoof, and got a flood of new ponies from that. I am thankful you took down our listing - it was I who asked 4TeamG to request that. I personally never saw it as brohoof's intent to attract griefers to our server - the post was obviously an excited "Look at all the great pony servers out there you can enjoy!" But once that was up, we started getting more new ponies than we could handle, and the griefing started.

The worst griefer that found us through the brohoof listing - sadly, don't remember their name - had gotten their hooves on some thousands of TNT, probably through an item replication hack, and had blasted out a giant cavern underneath Ponyville. We ended up having to roll back the entire server.

Apologies for hurt feelings.

Ashton is somewhat excitable insane, crazy, paranoid, and downright stupid, at times. He means well, but his views do not reflect the views of the admins.

Fixed that for ya ;)

• Like 1

There's a familiar face.

Shadelychan and swiss_cheese_ftw we proved were griefers. Shadelychan was originally from brohoof. I was disappointed really. Shadelychan was a good builder. I'm sure Jacob did something that classified him as a griefer at some point, I wouldn't have banned him for no reason. Probably was something I found through Bigbrother / Logblock.

So what sort of mods, if any, do we have running on the server? Like, a currency system with shops or anything?

Trading is normally based around bartering. Currency isn't needed in a trade based system.

If you really want to be that accurate, 1 bit = 1 gold nugget.

I never got the appeal of shops in minecraft on multiplayer to be honest. It's all underground. You're going to be down there anyway. The only items remotely worth anything are the enchanted items.