Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

Perhaps I'll show you properly sometime, I think the actual mechanism would suprise you ;)

Mainly it just has to be in a different chunk, even if you overload 1 chunk as long as you dont crash the server, the others wont be effected

You were fairly warned! and I had to get off the server and Noir was on my case to get rid of it... (even though other server staff and players were amused by it, at least at how it worked, it's actual mechanism really amused Doc I think lol)

....and I might be building that machine elsewhere... there's a... chance... *liarjack face*

Ashton, he didn't want you to get rid of it because it grinded sheep; he wanted you to get rid of it because you were building a Minecraft replica of a foal killing rainbow factory in Cloudsdale.

Ashton, he didn't want you to get rid of it because it grinded sheep; he wanted you to get rid of it because you were building a Minecraft replica of a foal killing rainbow factory in Cloudsdale.

You do realize it was just a gimmick, right?

|S|

||-P

||-P----Button------Dispenser

Push the button...

| |

| |P

|S|P------button----Dispenser->Wool

Push again

|S|

||-P

||-P------Button-----Dispensor

All it did was use pistons to drop the sheep behind the wall where it couldn't be seen and dispense a block of pre-farmed wool, then it pushed the sheep back up into view. No sheep were ever harmed, as I said, it was a gimmick. Doc and the others laughed when they saw it was just an elaborate joke. I do since realize the connotations and while I still see it as harmless fun, I understand why it was a "bad thing" to build, even if it was fake --- The irony is I was going to build the lower-levels as show-accurate as I could, including rainbow pools + waterfalls, etc, the "Pegasus Device" was going to be hidden behind a secret door hidden in the dormitories, it wasn't ever meant for public display, more a private joke. (that's one reason the rainbow factory was so huge - so it could easily be hidden away) I do hope you can all forgive me for trying to build it, though I understand if your all upset that I still find it amusing, I am sorry I tried to force my black-humor on the server (and yes, I've since found out that the story itself is... disturbed... though most of the derivatives are treated as black humor; like the tumblr based on it which, unfortunately, inspired me) again I do apologize for the way I acted.

Weelll, I think something went a little wrong with the server last night. I was digging in my mine when I started getting some major lag, then was disconnected from the server. I logged back in a little while later and was at the bottom of an underground ravine. O.O

Keeping in mind my mineshaft had no holes anywhere in it AND was just slightly above bedrock level, so I couldn't have fallen into said ravine.

Weelll, I think something went a little wrong with the server last night. I was digging in my mine when I started getting some major lag, then was disconnected from the server. I logged back in a little while later and was at the bottom of an underground ravine. O.O

Keeping in mind my mineshaft had no holes anywhere in it AND was just slightly above bedrock level, so I couldn't have fallen into said ravine.

It's a server quirk, it saved your location but not that of the blocks you just mined, so the server saw you "inside" blocks and moved you to the nearest available open area. There's a similar bug digging upwards in the Nether that can get you stuck ATOP the Nether... (which is just like the under-side of the world, nothing but a flat sheet of bedrock)

Though speaking of which, would anyone happen to have a few balls of slime I could buy off them?

I figure by now you have them, but if you need more (or anything else odd) let me know, I have a huge collection of stuff from when I played WAY too much on that server, and now I don't need it so I'm happy to share. :)

er... better to ask when *you* are on, because my time is random from <5min to upto 10 hours, I never know, so let me know when you'll be on and sometime during that I'll pop on and get you the slime :)

EDIT:

Also, if we cant find a time, I can just drop some in a public chest at a secret location where you can pick them up :)

Sent you a PM with the chest's location, you must be building one MASSIVE grinder/redstone-thingy to need that many slimes!

If anyone else needs anything let me know, I have a HUGE number of items/blocks and I'm not really planning on coming back (I built my massive home for Flight, now that it's disabled even with other... tweaks... it's a major pain in the tail to get around in... (some parts I have to time it and still use flight for the 3 seconds or so untill I'm kicked to get through...)

EDIT:

Anyone mind telling me _why_ it was dissabled? I assume for abuse, but how exactly does one abuse flight on what ammounts to a creative server with monsters? (too many players avoiding monsters by flying over them? people exploiting it for speed so the minecarts/warps/etc are useless?)

Whelp, turns out the process for mob spawning has changed somewhat since the last time I built a mob grinder. (And building it underground next to a gigantic underground ravine/mine shaft/cave system didn't help.) So expect a floating grinder to appear in a remote ocean area soon.

Okay. So my floating mob grinder was working perfectly when I finished it the other night, but now it's spawning NOTHING. While mobs are still spawning elsewhere on the server. Anyone have any idea why?

I suggest you take my rout and find a dungeon and build your grinder around it's mob spawner. I have STACKS of zombie meat now :D (and lots of random iron items... O_o)

I suggest you take my rout and find a dungeon and build your grinder around it's mob spawner. I have STACKS of zombie meat now :D (and lots of random iron items... O_o)

Well I would need to find a skeleton spawner, specifically. And building a generic grinder is faster (took like two hours) and easier... It just isn't working anymore for some reason.

Though if somebody knows of a skeleton spawner somewhere, or any special strategy for finding dungeons, that would most certainly be useful.

Well I would need to find a skeleton spawner, specifically. And building a generic grinder is faster (took like two hours) and easier... It just isn't working anymore for some reason.

Though if somebody knows of a skeleton spawner somewhere, or any special strategy for finding dungeons, that would most certainly be useful.

If you cant find one, I'll gt on one night and help, I have a special knack for it (though in return I get any loot and mossy cobble ;) lol)