Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

So I might be updating it with an on/off switch. And changing the killing and collecting method because item drop physics seem to be a bit inaccurate on servers...

Must be some Notch code they've not fixed yet... I've heard his code was a huge mess and changing 1 thing accidentally changed 20 more...

So I might be updating it with an on/off switch. And changing the killing and collecting method because item drop physics seem to be a bit inaccurate on servers...

It is probably because its on a server. The server needs to process everything everyone is doing at once so when multiple item are dropping like in spawner/killing machines it can be slow or inaccurate.

The Equestria part of the server was griefed so I had to rollback the server today.

Whoever it was did some minor griefing to Cloudsdale and Canterlot. However, the rollback was able to restore all structures without any issues. If you've built anything within the past few days you may have to rebuild it.

It wasn't really that great of a griefing to be honest. Rather lackluster attempt at best. Pitiable even. I guess whoever tried griefing didn't know that we do backups.. hourly. Hahaha. What newbs. I laugh in their faces.

The Equestria part of the server was griefed so I had to rollback the server today.

Whoever it was did some minor griefing to Cloudsdale and Canterlot. However, the rollback was able to restore all structures without any issues. If you've built anything within the past few days you may have to rebuild it.

It wasn't really that great of a griefing to be honest. Rather lackluster attempt at best. Pitiable even. I guess whoever tried griefing didn't know that we do backups.. hourly. Hahaha. What newbs. I laugh in their faces.

What is sad is they are from this site. I guess they hate free pony stuff.

I've erased all the metadata for characters, I've also changed the default spawn. Players will no longer spawn in Equestria and will have to be teleported there by a moderator. The starting world is a floating world with no creepers.

What is sad is they are from this site. I guess they hate free pony stuff.

Not necessarily. The whitelist was down. As in, it wasn't working for a while.

Meaning anyone and their mother could log in and grief practically anything.

I've updated the server to the point where the whitelist is working again. Though with my current world structure I'm thinking of changing that altogether.

I can just set the default spawn world for any new players to some non-related world and teleport people we can trust to Equestria.

Edit:

That's what I've done. The whitelist was a hassle. I've removed that list and created a default spawning world for anyone to be in. Once a person becomes someone we can trust we will teleport them to Equestria.

All the mods use the same trick, if it's disabled, it's disabled. You can still use other mods to get a similar effect though, as I showed you before ;)

Also the server takes ~3 seconds to detect flight, so if you need to fly across 1 small chasm you usually can if your careful (also with certain mods if your kicked for flying you log back in still-flying so you dont fall into lava or such)

I go on only when somone needs some blocks from my horde... unless I got banished to the moon like was implied, in which case prolly never...

I may be a little late for this but may I be put down to join? I am back into a minecraft phase it seems....

Minecraft name - Serioli

Forum name - Lerian.

EDIT:- Doubtless been tried but noticed in single player that 'Equestria' as a seed brings up a pretty nice start point, near a lake with a lava vent nearby and some easily flattened farming land for an initial setup.

Speaking of which, I was kinda thinking of building it a little closer to civilization this time so it'd be easier to find if someone else wants to use it. (Though preferably far away enough that it won't be visible from town.) Anyone have any suggestions for where that might be?

Edit to add: ideal spot would be mostly flat and near sea level, maybe out in an ocean itself.

Speaking of which, I was kinda thinking of building it a little closer to civilization this time so it'd be easier to find if someone else wants to use it. (Though preferably far away enough that it won't be visible from town.) Anyone have any suggestions for where that might be?

Edit to add: ideal spot would be mostly flat and near sea level, maybe out in an ocean itself.

There is an ocean east of Ponyville and of Canterlot (closer to Canterlot) as well as some nearby deserts.