Gaming

Hippo

My Little Pony FiM: Story of the Blanks

This game is both substantial and insubstantial at the same time: on one hoof, it's made completely from the ground up and doesn't follow the arcadey-grinding-for-points feel most FiM fan-(heck, even official)games have; on the other hoof, it's really short, lasting 15 minutes at best.

Applebloom is the main character. Twilight and Zecora also make appearances. The rest are OC characters. The game largely takes place in the everfree forest.

It uses an 8-bit graphical style, in fact, the author says s/he tried to make it as a game that would be playable on an 8-bit system.

There is little gameplay involved, being closer to an immersion/adventure game, so the first play-through is going to be your best.

I recommend any fan to play this: it's really good despite it's length.

Don't click below if you don't want to get spoiled!

I was already half-spoiled with this game, knowing that it had a creepy part with zombies, but I hadn't experienced myself and the constant praise made me decide to give it a chance.

After...THAT part, I went back into the village, not very surprised at the glitchy-dreary town before me. I was thinking there would be no cutscenes from this point, but then the first zombie appeared...I was getting creeped out, because cutscenes in horror sections of games tend to put you at a disadvantage, but the zombie didn't move, so I went south.

This is where everything went south, too. I hesitated a bit, then noticed that I could move the rock at the east. I started pushing it...when I suddenly noticed a zombie pony moving towards Applebloom. ohmy.png I was literally trying to get that boulder to move faster by mashing the z button: I thought I would get caught because I hesitated. I managed to get out in time, only to be greeted by a shockingly fast zombie pony. I WAS SURE I WAS SCREWED.

It was REALLY close: the fast zombie would have caught me if I wasn't constantly running south-east.

But I somehow narrowly managed to get Applebloom to the next section. The next few zombie ponies don't move anymore, so this was a breather after the close call from the previous section.

The rest was somewhat exhilarating as well, but none of the generic zombie ponies were as OMGWTFIMSCREWED as the fast zombie pony to me. I finally got to the end and my heart rate returned to normal. I would have flatlined if I had gotten caught.

Despite lacking severely in the game play department, I think this is the best pony game so far. It gave me a rush that I don't get from many games these days...although I'm hoping for a better game that doesn't have grimdark stuff/plot twists in it.. :sniff:

Also, one more thing...

Don't play if you plan to sleep soon.

Ah Story of the Blanks. How i loath thee.

I especially liked the last line. See you Later!!

Edit: @Riverhippo: I'll never forgive Aceed for showing me that game man.

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought a game adaptation would take a King's Quest kind of turn! As I previously said, I tried making one, but I just couldn't recruit anyone to help me with the job...

51FuqoNURCL.jpg

51ls%2BXsdcXL.jpg

I don't believe it! That's the game I used to have long ago!! :o

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while.

http://www.dragon-mango.com/ponygame/

AJ finally gets to star in a game! And it's looking to be the best one so far. :smug:

Mostly a platformer: Z to jump, X to buck. Press shift for Rarity.

You can buck trees for apples, which restore health and refill your "appleshield" if you have one.

Still just a demo, but it does contain a boss (aim for the head), so there is a sense of accomplishment for getting that far and beating it.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while.

http://www.dragon-mango.com/ponygame/

AJ finally gets to star in a game! And it's looking to be the best one so far. :smug:

Mostly a platformer: Z to jump, X to buck. Press shift for Rarity.

You can buck trees for apples, which restore health and refill your "appleshield" if you have one.

Still just a demo, but it does contain a boss (aim for the head), so there is a sense of accomplishment for getting that far and beating it.

Remember this?

Now there's a new level and boss.

• 3 weeks later...

Ohmygosh. That totallly gave me an idea (Though I take no originality) for something of a Pony Party, similar to Mario Party. It could include the games from the Iron Pony competition and the Sisterhooves Social. They could even add what we've seen of the Equestria Rodeo and a catwalk minigame. All with multiple stages, of course. It could even be multi-console!

ALL MY MONEY.

• 2 months later...

I only know of three official MLP video games, one in G2 called Friendship Gardens. Two in G3, one for the straigt to DVD movie, Runaway Rainbow, then one called Pinkie Pie Party. In Friendship Gardens, you make your own pony and take care of it. It Ranaway Rainbow, you dress up the princess, Rarity and play lame mini-games. In Pinkie Pie's Party, you look for random presents on the ground. All of them suck. And I'm saying this as a die-hard MLP fan of all generations, so you know that's saying something.

In other words, if Hasbro DID make a G4 MLP game, unless they get help from a company that knows what they're doing, it'll probably suck.

I only know of three official MLP video games, one in G2 called Friendship Gardens. Two in G3, one for the straigt to DVD movie, Runaway Rainbow, then one called Pinkie Pie Party. In Friendship Gardens, you make your own pony and take care of it. It Ranaway Rainbow, you dress up the princess, Rarity and play lame mini-games. In Pinkie Pie's Party, you look for random presents on the ground. All of them suck. And I'm saying this as a die-hard MLP fan of all generations, so you know that's saying something.

In other words, if Hasbro DID make a G4 MLP game, unless they get help from a company that knows what they're doing, it'll probably suck.

:P I showed pics of all the old gen games on Page 3

i would like to see one, but i dont think it would be intricate enough to hold my interest for very long... It woudl be a simply game with simple controls and a simple goal with a simple story because that's what they market to kids... i would WANT to see soemthign amazing, but i doubt they'd take that much effort to do it...

The problem would be would Bronies who happened to own the right console buy the game enough to make a profit? kids would buy the game of course but if it was too complex they wouldnt enjoy it...

• 2 months later...

http://certaintyprin...scape-312699642

A point-and-click game. Based on the scene where Twilight and Cadence are stuck in the mines in A Canterlot Wedding.

The two must now escape by randomly clicking on everything on the screen and hope something happens!

Also, contrived item usage, vague hints and moon logic galore!

(My time was 18:26)