Forgotten Elements

UnfairAdvantage

I had an idea:

I have found more possible Elements of Harmony that the Mane 6 had too many ponies to include. I've thought of three possible ones so far, though arguably, they already exist within the show as part of the other elements.

So far, I have "Understanding," "Trust," and "Unity."

Arguably, Understanding is part of Kindness, Trust is part of Honesty, and Unity is technically what Magic represents. Still, there are aspects of each of these that is not included within canon established Elements.

Please reply with further suggestion to better this idea, including any extra possible elements you can think of.

As we wish to keep the forum Mane RP in the spirit of the show, we are going to leave the Elements of Harmony as they are unless show canon dictates otherwise.

I'm going to go ahead and move this to Brony Chatter, as this is more speculation and story ideas than worldbuilding. Just remember that you are free to speculate on what other elements you'd like there to be and even integrate that into your own RPs in the Free-for-All and Crossover sections!

hi hi

The first two episodes stated that the Elements of Harmony were the most powerful magic in Equestria. That kind of implies that there are other ones that are not the most powerful magic. I figured Discord was sort of the embodiment of the Element of Discord.

I suspect that along with the classic elements like Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Light and Dark etc. there are other emotional elements that have varying degrees of strength in Equestria, some may be very weak, some might be average.

• Jealousy

• Pride

• Inspiration

• Doubt

• Hope

• Apathy

• Fear

• Curiosity

Although it isn't canon, I like to build characters with the concept of elements in mind. That is, you can make a pony that represents the element of unity without ever explicity mentioning it. I find it help keep characters in theme with the show.

Let's take 6 new elements: Diligence, Charity, Humility, Abstinence, Forgiveness and Chastity. Through in Kindness from the current 6 and we have a new set of elements of Harmony,

AKA the 7 Heavenly Virtues.

Now discord those and we get the infamous 7 Deadly Sins: Sloth, Greed, Pride, Gluttony, Wrath, Lust and Envy.

Make for great symbolism.

Let's take 6 new elements: Diligence, Charity, Humility, Abstinence, Forgiveness and Chastity. Through in Kindness from the current 6 and we have a new set of elements of Harmony,

AKA the 7 Heavenly Virtues.

Now discord those and we get the infamous 7 Deadly Sins: Sloth, Greed, Pride, Gluttony, Wrath, Lust and Envy.

Make for great symbolism.

somebody should write a fan fic about this,, I did try but I couldn't get past the conceptualization stage

• Like 1

The forgotten elements? Obviously Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart! ...and when their powers combine....

Sorry, had to make that joke...

Here's a fun idea to play with:

Element of Redemption

Also, cheesy enough "Love"