So pull out some popcorn as see the most boring future ever to be seen by man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4k0i0c2LWw

XD TOYOTA's take on the future.

I want to make a fun joke rant but Phoenix-06 has the best one so just have fun reading his!

It is a video by TOYOTA about a possible concept future regarding the car and how its future experience will effect us, its all very pretty but a few things stuck out, firstly if the future is to be so damn cheesy, bland, and cringe worthy then I am off to jump off the nearest cliff, and that's about 100 meters from my current location. The car and indeed every car it passes, albeit this is a world run by TOYOTA and its selection of 2 cars, look so boring a cliché, also last I heard electric cars were on their way out before they even made it in their pointless as yes they don't release any emissions when driving but where do you think the power comes from? And if they had perfected fusion power by 20XX you'd think the cars would be fusion powered too, in fact recently the hydrogen fuel cell cars have been taking off more as they last longer, don't have emissions, except water so expect more flooding in the streets, and don't take 14 hours to recharge.

Further in the creepy protagonist of this odd world arrives at a cafe where his car is instantly attacked by malware and is spammed with adverts for the coffee HE JUST BOUGHT! I don't know about you but if I have just gone into a shop and bought something the last thing I'd expect to see or aimed at me is an advertisement for the same product, kinda seems a bit backwards.

But it gets better, using his obvious iPhone 54 he decides he needs to impress his girlfriend (I presume girlfriend she made suggestive hand motions to him) by plastering the outside of the car with flowers he just photographed which the car then managed to perfectly replicate into a real world bunch of flowers... Really this car can replicate stuff, like in Star Trek.

So creepy guy and odd suggestive hand signal lady (seriously what was with those hand signals, this is when someone tells me its actually sign language) embark on a road trip to something akin to a virtual racing track, along the way they pick up cliché foreign friend A who is also dressed in the worlds only attire, white everything, but this is by far the best bit of the trailer and also something I wouldn't mind seeing in the future, whilst driving to their location their on-board virtual hostess needs an update so it flashes up on a HUGE display that its updating to V 5.1 and once complete their new skimpier clothed hostess shows up on screen. So it seems in the future the higher the updates go the less cloths your little holographic friend is wearing, hell by the time they get to V 25.6.7.6 she'd be nothing but bones, creepy, also imagine what the Beta would have been like?

So again they travel along the auto pilot lane and their car decides to have a fit and change its interior several times from office room to disco floor to which the occupants dislike so much they have fits of anger and flail wildly until it changes to something more to their liking...

Finally after a stroke inducing trip of constantly changing environments and I suspect sounds they arrive at the virtual racing track and thus begins the online gaming experience in a real world environment, having played a lot of online games I always thought "wouldn't it be awesome if they could do away with these screens and distances and we could have the battle/race face to face and have the same intellectual discussions but in person" Yeah that would be sweet, but wait the reality is everyone online is a extremity, minus your actual friends who are only extremitys if they kill you more times than you kill them. So personal online experiences aside lets say they are friends and have this race, it all suddenly goes a bit Tron and then Wipeout only without the awesome weaponry also it seems you cant actually hit there car or the walls, makes you wonder of the cars actually moving at all... It probably isn't, none the less I realise that many games have win conditions but in races they are often thus. First person across the finish line wins. Right, so why then did our creepy protagonist, odd suggestive hand signal lady, and their cliché foreign friend A win? I could clearly see the opponents car in front, in fact its these exact incidents that lead to some of the most violent outcries in online gaming, can you imagine what would have really happened after this race? I'm pretty sure they would have used their respective cars to replicate them some battle axes or duelling pistols, or one would rage quite and initiate the self destruct.

So after a long day of constant smiling and confusing occurrences they park their car in a huge parking lot type thing that if you want to get out of you'd need to fly out or the entire row in-front would need to move out first, also it seems to jettison the occupants of the car through several floors before they emerge at the bottom of the parking lot accompanied by more white wearing weirdos to which they watch fake fireworks and engage in the most epically boring rave in human history.

So thank you TOYOTA you have officially made the future look terrible for me, in fact if I ever get a whiff of TOYOTA becoming the new world power and this being their campaign video for their future plans I am going to take my chances with that cliff down the road.

• Like 2

So, in the future we'll be wearing skimpier versions of clothing from the 60's

cothes9.jpg

based on paintings from the 30's

mondrian-composition-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

Interesting, Toyota.

Basically the future is the same vision of the future the 60's gave us with a better special effects budget, and some leftover 90's rave effects.

• Like 1

Toyota is making me laugh. They think they can make a product so ridiculous in the future(Yeah right, they might close down before that year hits up!). Virtual colors takes too much power, even certain colors could damage the screening. Also, those cars should be slow, it uses electricity, doesn't it? And another thing, just who's(I mean a person) idea was it to make that design? It looks ugly! Those poor wasted CGI effects just didn't wanna fit in that "future" because it's a shame! >=O

ah, I'm normally a fan of this type of style and look and whatever, but this was really lame XD mostly the guide lady person. that was really bad.

if this was fully animated with really styalized people, I'd probably like it as just a video that looks cool though :/ something about live actors in a CG world like this looks really stupid to me

ah, I'm normally a fan of this type of style and look and whatever, but this was really lame XD mostly the guide lady person. that was really bad.

if this was fully animated with really styalized people, I'd probably like it as just a video that looks cool though :/ something about live actors in a CG world like this looks really stupid to me

Very true.

that entire video reminded me of the Stallone move Demolition Man, on how the future was bland and everything was the same forced happy.

I'd rather live in a apocalyptic future than that.

• Like 1