Episode 12 sypnosis

Whitehawke

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/season-2-episode-12-family-appreciation.html#more

Granny Smith Episode? Or is it Applebloom? Seems to be the perfect episode to introduce/explain AJ's parents and all that.

You know, at this rate, the entire Apple family will each get an episode before AJ gets another one. :sleep:

Air Date: January 7th.

That's 3 weeks after the previous episode.

1.jpg

YES!!!!!!!

I am hoping Granny Smith gets to tell her story!

And if this picture is true, then the back story bio I wrote for Granny Smith will be RIGHT ON THE MARK!!!

HOORAY FOR GRANNY SMITH!

C'mon everypony! Let's all tap dance in her honor!!

photo-475.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

that picture is just fan art Sethisto associated with the news article.

Oh no.... (mane deflates like Pinkie Pie's does in 'Party of One') ... now I am sad.....

:sniff: :sniff: :sniff:

Applebloom and Granny Smith get an episode? :?

It's like the writers have forgotten that a certain other member of the Apple family is supposed to be a main character... :sleep:

Still, should hopefully be cute.

Applebloom and Granny Smith get an episode? :?

It's like the writers have forgotten that a certain other member of the Apple family is supposed to be a main character... :sleep:

Still, should hopefully be cute.

What other member? The only main characters I can think of are Twilight, Fluttershy, Dash, Rarity, Pinkie, and Apple Bloom. Who in Equestria are you talk about? A background pony?

No, but really have hope. There will be an Applejack episode soon enough. They just feel that we need two history lessons in a row first.

Yeah... I'm still optimistic we'll get a good AJ episode soon enough. :blush:

Still, with this one not indicated to have her in a main role, that makes 25 episodes since the last time she's starred in an episode. That's pretty much a whole season. I hate complaining about this, but it really does feel like the writers have been sort of pushing her aside and only using her in supporting roles for a while now... :-(

I'm very hopeful that this will show Granny Smith as something other than comic relief. To be honest, I've found that treatment of her rather disappointing. I'm also keen for more Apple family history, and hopefully an answer to the question that's been asked for over a year: "Seriously, what's the deal with Applejack's parents?"

You know before the whole season 2 started I read some rumors which said the season 2 will reflect more to the main 6 and their family background weel they were right.

Now about AJ's pearants, well I have the feeling they are dead and the Apple children Big Mac, Applejack and Aőppleblooms are orphans but aftheir pearants death they moved to Granny smith. I think that's would be a good reason why Applejack works so hard. On the other hoof there is a mistery. We couldn't see neither baby Applebloom neither AJ's pearants in AJ's memories in the Cutie Mark chronicles meanwhile Applejack wasn't mutch older there than Applebloom is now so her pearants should live back than expct Applebloom was adopted.

I hope the future episode will tell us more about the Applefamily.

I'm very hopeful that this will show Granny Smith as something other than comic relief. To be honest, I've found that treatment of her rather disappointing. I'm also keen for more Apple family history, and hopefully an answer to the question that's been asked for over a year: "Seriously, what's the deal with Applejack's parents?"

Remember the original target demographic for the show: preteen girls.

I think trying to 'explain' that the Apple siblings are orphans living with Granny might be a little difficult for preteen girls to grasp.

I am reminded of the time in the late 90's that Sesame Street had planned on doing a 'story' about Mr. Snuffleupagus's parents getting a divorce. When they performed this 'skit' in rehearsals in front of a live audience of children, most of them broke out into tears and shouted things like "what's going to happen to him now?" and "don't his mommy and daddy love him anymore?" The children 'reviews' were SO bad, Sesame Street scrapped that storyline entirely. This was a concept their target audience couldn't grasp. I believe the same idea holds true for preteen MLP fans trying to process the 'death' of AJ, Big Mac and AppleBloom's parents.

If I were to make a guess, 'officially' this relationship will remain a mystery, for the sake of the target audience.

Remember the original target demographic for the show: preteen girls.

I think trying to 'explain' that the Apple siblings are orphans living with Granny might be a little difficult for preteen girls to grasp.

I am reminded of the time in the late 90's that Sesame Street had planned on doing a 'story' about Mr. Snuffleupagus's parents getting a divorce. When they performed this 'skit' in rehearsals in front of a live audience of children, most of them broke out into tears and shouted things like "what's going to happen to him now?" and "don't his mommy and daddy love him anymore?" The children 'reviews' were SO bad, Sesame Street scrapped that storyline entirely. This was a concept their target audience couldn't grasp. I believe the same idea holds true for preteen MLP fans trying to process the 'death' of AJ, Big Mac and AppleBloom's parents.

If I were to make a guess, 'officially' this relationship will remain a mystery, for the sake of the target audience.

Well, actually, going to what you said about Sesame Street, they've dealt with death on Sesame Street before. I recall one of THE BEST episodes of the show having to do with the matter of death. Sure, I'm willing to bet not all kids got it, but I did. And frankly, when written correctly, the subject of death makes for an intense, yet very deep episode for kids.

I'm not sure the crew would wish to tackle such a task, but it's been handled on many shows like it. If they do indeed attempt to say A.J and Big Mac are orphans, I would applaud their effort either way. It's a bold risk, that as I said, even Sesame Street has done well. If they can pull it off, I have no doubt the writers on FiM could...

• 4 weeks later...

So this episode is coming up in two days. The idea of new pony episodes is almost too wonderful to my mind to comprehend after the long break.

A few other sites have had discussions about the possibility of seeing Scootaloo's family in this episode. I can definitely see that happening - after all, it would give Granny Smith somepony to look lame in comparison to. I'd personally love it if it turned out that Scootaloo had a wonderful, loving, and not-tragically-dead family. Brace yourselves, shattered fanon could be coming.

With this season so far, it's precisely the episodes I've been hyped about that I've come away with most disappointed. I think this episode will be a treat, as I recall reading one of the animators was talking about Granny's up and coming role and how funny it was going to be. I don't have anything to point to, though.