Favourite Comic Strip

FrankT

does four-panel manga count? if yes, then it's definitely Azumanga Daioh

ah, why's it so hard to find a strip in english that's actually from the manga?! D:

this is close enough. even if it's not from the book (the text is edited), it's the same type of humour

1146%20-%20azumanga_daioh%20comic%20ilolled%20osaka.png

• Like 1

Oh sweet Christmas crackers I read a lot of webcomics.

Cyanide and Happiness: A random daily comic strip written by 4 guys who make the most amazing jokes.

www.explosm.net (not always safe for work!)

COOLSHADES2.png

xkcd: Intelligent humor galore, one of the best Webcomics ever made.

www.xkcd.com

potential.png

Fanboys: Not often updated, a gaming webcomic about 3 console fanboys (plus girl) and various game related humor.

www.fanboys-online.com

2011-12-12-That%20time%20of%20the%20year.jpg

Johnny Wander: Blog-esque strip about the creator and her daily life.

www.johnnywander.com

306.jpg

Phuzzy Comics: See description for Johnny Wander.

phuzzycomics.monicaray.com

2011-10-24-Culinary-Friends.jpg

Eat That Toast: Always random, always funny.

www.eatthattoast.com

2011-12-05.gif

Buttersafe: It doesn't make any sense. Source of the ever-popular strip shown below.

www.buttersafe.com

2008-10-23-Detour.jpg

I liked the Far Side. Sometimes Calvin and Hobbes. For a little bit when I was a kid I liked for Better or For Worse because I was fascinated with the fact that the people in it aged, but even at a young age it was too preachy for me (it's way worse now. It's clearly just the writer's passive-aggressive approach to communicating her displeasure at her actual family sometimes). And I fiercely lived Doonesbury when the cast was just a bunch of hippies, until about the time they started having kids. By then it was more about the politics and less about the silly antics surrounding those with fierce opinions about politics, if that makes any sense.

I prefer the really classic cheesy pre 50's ones though, but that's more because this childhood friend of my grandparents, Jimmy (rest his soul) would send my brother and me these extremely epic letters with every square inch filled with comic strip characters like extremity Tracy, Mutt and Jeff, Katzenjammer Kids, Blondie when she was still a flapper *, the Yellow Kid, and any words on it (which were always hilarious insults in Brooklynese. usually about how we belonged in a zoo) In 8th grade. because I was so fascinated with these old characters, my mom bought me this huge book about old comics. I still have it and it drove me to look up a lot of things influenced by these early strips that I otherwise wouldn't have.

*Yes, it's true, Blondie was once a vaguely subversive comic strip for the time, which is how it became so popular. She was kind of a floozy. The Dagwood Sandwiches were always there though.

I HATE the Family Circus though.

As an adult: DieselSweeties (which only ran in papers for 2 years)

Newspaper strips?

I have probably bought fewer than 10 newspapers in my whole life. I remember being sad when Calvin and Hobbs and The Far Side finished though. Nowadays, the only syndicated strip that I would read is Dilbert.

For webcomics though, here are some that I keep up with on a weekly basis:

Schlock Mercenary

Weesh

bugcomic.com

Surviving the World

xkcd

Order of the Stick

Spacetrawler

Darths and Droids

Gunnerkrig Court

And two Finished works:

Digger

Daisy Owl

I also like Lackadaisy Cats.

This would be amazing if it updated every week instead of 10 total times in 2011.

http://ilovecharts.tumblr.com/ recently posted a comic from "Abstruse Goose" and I decided to check it out.

If you like nerdy xkcd type humor, give this a shot:

http://abstrusegoose.com/43

Edit:

check this one out too:

http://abstrusegoose.com/156

Just...Wow.

Did you ever wish you used fewer strong words so that when you did they would mean more? That is kinda how I feel about this particular comic.

Edited by weesh