College Bronies

Scarfish

Right now im a sophmore in highschool and i need to start thinking about colleges soon(ish). I would like to see what colleges have some kind of brony club/group. Could someone direct me to a post about colleges with bronies if there is one or college bronies let me know if your college has a group. Brony population in a college could affect my decision on where to go. Thanks!

well, while I don't think deciding where you'd like to go to school based on the brony population is a great idea I go to The University At Buffalo and not only do we have a lot of bronies here but we're one of the top 100 research universities in the country. Our engineering and natural science programs all the way through the Ph.D. level are great programs, I would however completely avoid UB for any sort of art major except for film and media studies.

I have tried to convert bronies before. i was to forceful and i made people mad and lost some friends. im not going to try that again. I dont want to give us a bad name.

I don't think you need to be forceful. Just offer to show them the first two episodes. The show can speak for itself. If they aren't interested after that, then let it go.

I don't think you need to be forceful. Just offer to show them the first two episodes. The show can speak for itself. If they aren't interested after that, then let it go.

Either that, or show them adorable pony clips from youtube. That'll reel 'em in.

I managed to do it just with one Fluttershy 'yay' video. Conversition is slow but sure.

I love being in college. Even my college. Even I can still leave the barracks and commit some shenanigans on campus.

Of course there are times when you'll get stressed out like tests and exams and finals and stuff, but you'll make a lot of friends and involve yourself with people that can help you through it all.

As was said before, in terms of bronies, you can find them in even the most unlikely of places. Start a club! Look around and listen! If not, you can always try to get people interested in it... though not neccessarily by cramming it down their throats.

Either way, what I'm getting at is you'll enjoy it.

I've been out of University since May '08, and have since talked to many people about my experience. I have found a correlation between the people who loved it and those that didn't.

The people who developed a family among their fellow students, a home away from home, are much more likely to have enjoyed their time like I did.

It is true that university got me the piece of paper that allowed me to get a dream job, and that they even taught me a single skill that I actually use (how to read a pump curve), but the reason it was a life changing experience is because of the social and spiritual growth.

Student organizations can go a huge way in getting you started. It certainly doesn't have to be a brony club. Pick anything, and dive in.