Episode 13 synopsis

Whitehawke

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic : Baby Cakes

S02, E12 (Air Date: January 14, 2012)

Pinkie Pie tries babysitting Cake's twin toddlers but finds it harder than she thought.

Pinkie finally gets an episode.

All we need is the Last Round Up as a confirmed AJ episode and something for Fluttershy now. lol Scootaloo

Didn't know the Cakes already had foals. Hopefully their designs won't be terrible.

• Like 1

The Cakes have children? That's definitely news. And yeah... I hope they're not too disturbing to look at.

Pinkie Pie episode though? That's good news. Pinkie still is the one who probably needs the most development. And this sounds like its going to teach her a much needed responsibility lesson.

I'd complain about AJ getting skipped over again, but I'm pretty confident the Last Roundup is hers and is coming up soon. :)

Party of One did a great job of showing her "other side". I can't say for sure, but I can see Pinkamena showing up somewhere in this episode. Maybe out of stress or frustration. Can't say for sure though. I didn't listen to the leaked song, so all of this will be new for me. My guess is that "Last Roundup" episode will be the 15th e[episode for season two. Just my guess though! Let's just wait for episode 12 though. :D

Oh? I thought Pinkie was the Cakes' granddaughter or something.

Hang on a minute, was that relevant...?

Pinkie isn't related to the Cakes as far as we know. We met Pinkie's parents and sisters in Cutie Mark Chronicles. We also know from the pilot that Pinkie's grandmother also had the moniker "pie" in her name.

From what I understand, Pinkie simply works for the cakes (perhaps as an apprentice) and lives in a studio apartment on the second story of their shop.

The cakes have children? Well that rules out my "One of the cakes is infertile and can't have children so they take in Pinkie as a foster child theory.

It is probable they see Pinkie as a daughter of sorts; they certainly tolerate her behavior well despite the effect it must have on business sometimes.

LOL.. Veered off topic with this one. :D

Pinkie isn't related to the Cakes as far as we know. We met Pinkie's parents and sisters in Cutie Mark Chronicles. We also know from the pilot that Pinkie's grandmother also had the moniker "pie" in her name.

Her grandmother -! Of course! I can't believe I forgot that!

You know, they've really done a good job with the family relationships in the show. There's such a varied mix of lifestyles: Pinkie living with the Cakes; Applejack living with her brother and grandmother; Rarity off on her own and running a business; Twilight away from her parents to study. The result is much more real, I think, than a lot of shows marketed to the same demographic, where all the characters are female and each lives alone in a separate house. (I'm thinking specifically of Strawberry Shortcake in this case, but the same basic gimmick applied to Rainbow Bright in the '80s.)