The. Worst. Possible. Thing!!!

DantonDamnark

Pony Archive, the website that hosts every episode of the Friendship is Magic series in 720p & 1080p as well as providing links to Unlisted Videos on Youtube, has been shutdown. By who? No one but Hasbro themselves. Where are we to go now for these videos? Youtube is not safe; Hasbro forces Google to take down all they find.

Here is a link to where PonyArchive.org redirects to: PonyArchive.eu

It is a letter addressed to Princess Celestia, letting her know that Hasbro is no "Bro".

Wow... Inappropriate but funny... Sad to see them shut down, but... There are still other HD sites with Pony if you surf around...

How is that at all funny?

• Like 1

Alittle uncalled for and a touch immature on Ponyarchive's part, but it is sad to see them go. However I still don't believe it's the end of the world.

Personally, I plan to buy the episodes. Why shouldn't the show make some money?

That and there will always be a way to get your dose of pony. I promise you Ponyarchive isn't the only site of it's kind. Maybe the best organized, but not the only. You just gotta know where to look.

I'm sorry, but that is ABSOLUTELY uncalled for.

Hasbro has SUPPORTED us, has given SHOUT-OUTS to us, and given us respect to a degree higher than any television network has given to any fanbase I've ever seen, and Pony Archive basically just gives the middle finger to Hasbro because they shut down the site that had ILLEGAL downloads.

I don't know who the guys are that run Pony Archive, and I don't know if they're reading this, but I have to say this:

STOP.

STOP BEFORE YOU GIVE THIS FANBASE A BAD REPUTATION.

• Like 3

Yeah, that is not at ALL how they should have responded. They WERE doing something illegal, no matter how much we enjoyed it. At least Hasbro gave them a chance. Hasbro basically said "Could you please, uhm... Not do that?" PonyArchive basically did what a little kid would do and instantly turned on the hate mode. We should paint ourselves a different color, so to speak. We really don't need any bad publicity. 'Biting the hand that feeds' comes to mind here...

The only NO BRO... Is PonyArchive.

srslycalmdown.

How is that at all funny?

I enjoy the humor if the message, yes they're angry and yes they were inapropriate, but the wording is humerus, not to mention their prior letter to Hasbro.

I didnt mean it's funny that the site was taken down, I meant their replies were funny.

(keep in mind the replies are PG-13 rated due to language)

Wow... Inappropriate but funny

Yea... they get an 'A' for the idea of using letter to Celestia format, and an 'F' for execution.

The letters are for things you learned, not throwing tantrums.

I find myself pitying the author. They have learned nothing.

Frankly, I have to agree with everyone looking down upon their maturity.

If this site was truly run by respectable people and they respected Hasbro and LOVED FiM, they wouldn't be throwing a plank-damned tantrum.

There's a point where you need to realize you're caught, say "You got me," and fold your hand and move on. However, it seems PonyArchive decided to just throw a tantrum like a 2-year old with his toy taken away.

If these were grown men, they'd take this in stride. However, it appears they can't act maturely when it matters most. Judging by this message, I could decipher that they believe Hasbro double-crossed them (HOW? That's ILLEGAL ACTION), and that they seem to think piracy is a-OK....

Well Pony Archive, I suggest you get your brains checked, because you obviously didn't have any when you wrote this childish message...

It was one thing refusing to remove it, but that message they left was just stupid. They've taken the opportunity to represent our entire fandom in a bad light. All we can do now is hope that Hasbro and the Pony Team don't assume that we're all that idiotic and don't hold it against us.

It's false-copyrighting trolls, the kind that took down DJ Alex S' Youtube channel yesterday, that worry me more than Hasbro and copyright laws themselves.

I don't know why these isn't a process. In the states, even undercover cops have to address who they are and that they're a cop before they read you your rights and enforce the law on you. I'm more than willing to support Hasbro and do what they want as far as copyright claims. But they need to prove to us that they are Hasbro.

That's a pretty immature message, though I doubt Hasbro care, to be honest.

Hasbro will only care if it's the across-the-board message they're recieving from fans, if they percieve us as "we wany free ponies or else!" then they may decide to terminate the series early or not make a 4th season/4.5 gen series, etc. If this is the "one odd response" then no, they'll just chalk it up to immaturity too. This is why we all need to maintain a unified front and not, as somone else said "bite the hand that feeds us ponies"

I don't suspect pony fans could persuade them to stop production no matter what we did. Nor could we convince them to continue it in our current state.

How they decide to pay us back, however, is another question. They've done things just for the adult fanbase, and they certainly don't have to. It doesn't make them any extra money to give us shout outs. It's just there to maintain relations, because they'd rather have us than not have us.

How they decide to pay us back, however, is another question. They've done things just for the adult fanbase, and they certainly don't have to. It doesn't make them any extra money to give us shout outs. It's just there to maintain relations, because they'd rather have us than not have us.

Really? It doesn't do them any good to acknowledge the part of their fan base that have jobs and money? Perhaps my 6 year old niece wants more stuff than I do, but it will be a long time before she can drop $40 on an iTunes season. Either we are a big part of their revenue, or we could be. Either way, I imagine the shout outs are strategic and necessary form their point of view.

Your 6 year old niece's parents buy them that stuff, and parents definitely do spend on their children. I'm not privy to the numbers, but most indications are that adult fans are a small fraction of product sales. We have money to spend, but we're not huge in numbers (yet).

Nonetheless, keeping up relations is important to Hasbro. The money they make from us right now isn't major, but we're still a growing fanbase (and the show hasn't even yet hit syndication). We've got the ability to drive word of mouth marketing in ways that children don't (kids talk about MLP on the playground, but we're net savvy, we meet different types of people). If I was Hasbro, I'd look at the bronies primarily as a marketing tool, and secondarily as a source of direct revenue (but with a potential future to be).

To say it doesn't give them extra money to give us shout outs was a bit glib, but just a bit.