The. Worst. Possible. Thing!!!

DantonDamnark

Your 6 year old niece's parents buy them that stuff, and parents definitely do spend on their children. I'm not privy to the numbers, but most indications are that adult fans are a small fraction of product sales. We have money to spend, but we're not huge in numbers (yet).

I'd be interested in the numbers, but I suspect they are at least a little deceptive...

It would be hard to separate gifts given from interested and disinterested adults.

Hasbro will only care if it's the across-the-board message they're recieving from fans, if they percieve us as "we wany free ponies or else!" then they may decide to terminate the series early or not make a 4th season/4.5 gen series, etc. If this is the "one odd response" then no, they'll just chalk it up to immaturity too. This is why we all need to maintain a unified front and not, as somone else said "bite the hand that feeds us ponies"

Clearly an "accross-the-board" message may not happen if most (if not all) feel that PonyArchive's message is "immature".

Again, I'm just going to give my 2 cents.

The Idea that the archive had was good, the way they executed it was poor. The first section:

"Dear Celestia,

Today we learned that Hasbro, are no real bros."

Was funny, but from there on the rest of their statement was disgusting, foul and unneeded. Simply leaving a comment, even in the same format, saying that hasbro had asked for their removal and that they were upset but understood their reasons, would speak better for the fandom (my understanding of peoples feelings towards this.).

oh well. Hope Hasbro doesn't massively over-react! touchwood.

I'm not privy to the numbers, but most indications are that adult fans are a small fraction of product sales. We have money to spend, but we're not huge in numbers (yet).

I do my part, I own official MLP Merch!

Seriously though, My complaint about the sales is that they can make little tweaks that WONT EFFECT their kiddy sales, but will persuade more ponies to buy - namely Show-accurate ponies. No little kid is going to care if the pony's mane and tail are a slightly different color, they wanted them because they're ponies (and if they watched the show and didnt notice the difference, who's to say they'll notice if they're accurate) Whereas most of us DO care and very few of us will pay for misdone ponies. Same with the plushies! (I've given up saying hasbro should make specific "adult merch" like collectible statues or video games, or such, I just want something that matches the show!)

• Like 1

...My complaint about the sales is that they can make little tweaks that WONT EFFECT their kiddy sales, but will persuade more ponies to buy - namely Show-accurate ponies.

Is that not the truth!

At first I thought the selection was just poor due to my location (also true) but after looking online I was surprised that I couldn't find any ponies that look like the ones that I love.

Is that not the truth!

At first I thought the selection was just poor due to my location (also true) but after looking online I was surprised that I couldn't find any ponies that look like the ones that I love.

There are a few here and there. I saw a FiM-accurate Dash out of pure molded plastic - no hair-mane-tail at all (I think it was actually a Mc Donalds happymeal toy...) but mostly if you want show-accurate go to ebay or Etsy and get a custom, only real option right now, sadly...

There are a few here and there. I saw a FiM-accurate Dash out of pure molded plastic - no hair-mane-tail at all (I think it was actually a Mc Donalds happymeal toy...) but mostly if you want show-accurate go to ebay or Etsy and get a custom, only real option right now, sadly...

Pretty sure all the McDonalds toys had brushable manes. There is a molded Dash toy for sale though. She's included in this pack, and also the four pack. Not sure if you can find her individually outside of the Blind Bags though.

IMAG0113.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty sure all the McDonalds toys had brushable manes. There is a molded Dash toy for sale though. She's included in this pack, and also the four pack. Not sure if you can find her individually outside of the Blind Bags though.

-snip-

O_O THEY MADE SHOW-ACCURATE PONIES!!!

Durn you, Tales, now I'm gonna have to hunt down that set! lol ;)

O_O THEY MADE SHOW-ACCURATE PONIES!!!

Durn you, Tales, now I'm gonna have to hunt down that set! lol ;)

Toys R Us for the big pack. Here are the other ways you can buy the molded ponies.

Big Lots single packs (Nope, no Fluttershy!):

G4FiMPonyvillesingles1.png

Four pack:

OR45DtxH_lrg.jpg

Celestia set:

fimgiftsetmib.jpg

McDonalds toys (my bad, brushable tails, not manes:)

mlp_mcdonalds2.png

2) I am too shy to purchase these when people are around.

That's what the internet is for! (it's hilarious that I'm willing to cosplay Rainbow Dash in public, but I also am not willing to buy or even look at the toys in-store... even when wearing a shirt that screams BRONY!!!)

I'd love to get these, but 1) I'd prefer to not see what I am getting (Surprise!) and 2) I am too shy to purchase these when people are around.

That's what the internet is for! (it's hilarious that I'm willing to cosplay Rainbow Dash in public, but I also am not willing to buy or even look at the toys in-store... even when wearing a shirt that screams BRONY!!!)

I get Danton's first point, but the second one applies also to me.

I could do anything at a convention, but I would be pretty self-conscious everywhere else.

Wait...It occurs to me that this is the PERFECT time of year to buy MLP stuff for yourself! It will be assumed to be a present!

If you can find someone else that likes ponies to go with, it makes it much more easy.

And it is hard to go it alone, it was hard for me. But once you do it once, it's never hard again.

so long they dont take down youtube..... else there is nopony for me anymore :/ if they could make the episodes air outside the US also here in the netherlands i would be so happy als long as they keep their english voices...... dutch voices are often very bad. but plz hasbro dont take down the youtube episodes for us non US bronies

so long they dont take down youtube..... else there is nopony for me anymore :/ if they could make the episodes air outside the US also here in the netherlands i would be so happy als long as they keep their english voices...... dutch voices are often very bad. but plz hasbro dont take down the youtube episodes for us non US bronies

It amuses me that over all the concensus seems to always be "leave voices, if needed give subtitles" and being an anime fan I agree (though for me it's more I dont like the USA butchering anime's plot) though there are some exceptions, most of the time it's downright sad...

It amuses me that over all the concensus seems to always be "leave voices, if needed give subtitles" and being an anime fan I agree...

The following comparison is from my favorite Anime movie (Spirited Away)

(English) Sen: Hey old Man...

(Japanese) Sen: Grandfather...

He wasn't even related, she was just being respectful.

The following comparison is from my favorite Anime movie (Spirited Away)

(English) Sen: Hey old Man...

(Japanese) Sen: Grandfather...

He wasn't even related, she was just being respectful.

There is another term "Oni-sama" (lit. "big sister") that children use for most older women who are not related but as close. Japanese is a very familial language.

If you want to talk about bad Dubbing, lets take a look at one of my favorites (that I never finished because it was so long) Konjiki No Gash Bell, aka "Zatch Bell"

English: They are cute little pixies come from another world.

Japanese: They are demons, Satan's own Children.

Wow, we went from Demons to Pixies... (although the *original* pixies long before the likes of tinkerbell, were real... er... problems...)

Princess Mononoke:

"Go and see with eyes unclouded by hate" (Dub)

"Go and see with eyes unclouded" (Sub)

Not as dramatic as the other ones you've mentioned, but to me the latter is more intriguing.

Although I've never bought that subs are necessarily more authentic an experience. As much as there is to gain by hearing original VAs, there's often something to gain by allowing your eye to play across the screen as it should vs. anchoring to text.

• Like 1