Your Dream Episode~

AznAxis

If you were given the opportunity to write and produce a future episode of FiM, what would it be about?

Personally, I would love to see an episode that further explores the relationship between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash. I feel like Scootaloo really doesn't have much in the way of character development, especially when compared to the other CMCs. I would definitely focus on a plot that gives insight into her origins, and also why she is so attracted to Rainbow Dash. Perhaps Scootaloo is an only child and sees Dashie as the big sister she never had?

I would also be tempted to explore the possibilities of a scenario in which Trixie returns as a pupil of Princess Luna, to further the previously established rivalry between herself and Twilight. Not only would this be a great opportunity to bring back Trixie AND give Luna more screentime, it also sets both of them up for recurring roles in subsequent episodes.

An episode featuring a lot of awkward tension between Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

Or perhaps an entire episode centered on Princess Celestia and maybe Luna, complete with singing.

Ooh, or a return episode for Gilda where she somehow finds redemption...

Wow, I don't know. So many things I could do... I wouldn't know what to do with just one episode...

I believe that we know so little of Celestia's story ever since she banished her sister for that tell-tale thousand years. Yes, I know, we probably never will get to see a Celestia-centric episode on account to her being to the writers nothing more than a walking plot device, a very regrettable waste of a character that could be so much more interesting. What little of her we do know is from guesswork, implications, and a bunch of people throwing their fanon around. What do we actually know about her, when you take the rest of it out? Not a whole lot. Here's what we know for sure:

She's the co-ruler (might as well be full ruler, though) of Equestria. She is Luna's older sister. She is an alicorn. She is Twilight's teacher. She lives in Canterlot. She raises the sun. She helped defeat Discord. She punted banished her sister to the moon one thousand years ago.

...Am I missing anything? Not really. See? Not much to go on. C'mon guys, we had a Luna episode, why not get the other half of the story, eh?

• Like 1

I'd rather not have a new episode focused on only one of the main characters, though.

Here's an idea I came up with while working on a PMV.

Imagine an episode, where Scootaloo is out playing with Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. Their usual, you know. When Scootaloo notices Rainbow Dash attempting a new trick, and she is so inspired, she wants to be as "cool" as Rainbow Dash, so she decides to fulfill here abilities of flying. Having the already "Big sister" feel, Scootaloo is determined to impress her. So, Rainbow Dash agrees to help her, with her usual pride, and somewhat "gloat"like attitude. As the day goes on ,Scootaloo is seemingly worthless to herself, as she can't even master basic hovering. Rainbow Dash attempts to build some self-esteem in her, and guides her along the way. Eventually, Scootaloo gets the hang of it, and begins hovering naturally. Over excited, she decides to show Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. When Scootaloo arrives at their clubhouse ,she notices something is wrong. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle aren't there. Looking for them, she hears a loud scream in the distance. It sounded like it came from the Everfree forest. Rainbow Dash had decided not to go with her earlier ,so Scootaloo is all by herself.

She heads in to the forest, and makes it to the source of the sound. A massive waterfall, and both Sweetie and Applebloom can be seen at the top, hanging off of a branch sticking out of the waterfall.

Without hesitation, Scootaloo runs, jumps, and flys up to both of them. As she practiced before, she is good at hovering now, so that's exactly what she does. She hovers, and attempts to grab Sweetie. Sweetie finally trusts Scootaloo, after moments of the two talking to each other. SO Sweetie lets go. Scootaloo flies down, and just a few yards before the bottom, she catches her, and flies her over to the ground. Shocked by what just happened, Scootaloo can't seem to do what she did before. Her wings seemed useless at this point. Applebloom then screams "Help me!! Ah'm falling!' Sweetie belle jumps forward, almost jumping in to the river, and her horn starts to glow. Her eyes begin glowing a bright white, and her horn follows. Applebloom is then encased in light, and carried softly over to the ground where they are. It is only then, that both Scootaloo, and Sweetie's cutie marks appear. And Applebloom's follows in the next episode. Eainbow Dash was actually watching from up above the waterfall, and she could have saved them at any time ,but she let Scootaloo try her best.

Opinions?

I think it's about time for a fanfic.

I'd rather not have a new episode focused on only one of the main characters, though.

Here's an idea I came up with while working on a PMV.

Imagine an episode, where Scootaloo is out playing with Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. Their usual, you know. When Scootaloo notices Rainbow Dash attempting a new trick, and she is so inspired, she wants to be as "cool" as Rainbow Dash, so she decides to fulfill here abilities of flying. Having the already "Big sister" feel, Scootaloo is determined to impress her. So, Rainbow Dash agrees to help her, with her usual pride, and somewhat "gloat"like attitude. As the day goes on ,Scootaloo is seemingly worthless to herself, as she can't even master basic hovering. Rainbow Dash attempts to build some self-esteem in her, and guides her along the way. Eventually, Scootaloo gets the hang of it, and begins hovering naturally. Over excited, she decides to show Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. When Scootaloo arrives at their clubhouse ,she notices something is wrong. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle aren't there. Looking for them, she hears a loud scream in the distance. It sounded like it came from the Everfree forest. Rainbow Dash had decided not to go with her earlier ,so Scootaloo is all by herself.

She heads in to the forest, and makes it to the source of the sound. A massive waterfall, and both Sweetie and Applebloom can be seen at the top, hanging off of a branch sticking out of the waterfall.

Without hesitation, Scootaloo runs, jumps, and flys up to both of them. As she practiced before, she is good at hovering now, so that's exactly what she does. She hovers, and attempts to grab Sweetie. Sweetie finally trusts Scootaloo, after moments of the two talking to each other. SO Sweetie lets go. Scootaloo flies down, and just a few yards before the bottom, she catches her, and flies her over to the ground. Shocked by what just happened, Scootaloo can't seem to do what she did before. Her wings seemed useless at this point. Applebloom then screams "Help me!! Ah'm falling!' Sweetie belle jumps forward, almost jumping in to the river, and her horn starts to glow. Her eyes begin glowing a bright white, and her horn follows. Applebloom is then encased in light, and carried softly over to the ground where they are. It is only then, that both Scootaloo, and Sweetie's cutie marks appear. And Applebloom's follows in the next episode. Eainbow Dash was actually watching from up above the waterfall, and she could have saved them at any time ,but she let Scootaloo try her best.

Opinions?

I think it's about time for a fanfic.

The clown approves :D

Imagine an episode in which the side story is that Fluttershy stops talking and no one notices. I can think of some cool lessons and options for how that would end.

No wait, I've got a better idea:

I'd be amused by a Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie episode in which they successfully fool the others into thinking some crazy piece of magic has switched their minds. They both like practical jokes, and we would see some ridiculous scenarios.

I imagining Pinkie in a state of panic over loosing her wings, and Dash having a blast and thinking it was a cool adventure.

• Like 1

Imagine an episode in which the side story is that Fluttershy stops talking and no one notices. I can think of some cool lessons and options for how that would end.

I like this

I'd like to see an episode where maybe something goes missing from Twilight's library, the Mane 6 each tell their own version of what happened.

It's kind of a cliche plot, but I love seeing it for some reason. It could be good.

Rarity's version would probably be like an old Hollywood movie with her as the star.

Pinkie Pie would see everything in bright colors with random candy everywhere and her view of the events would be very strange but accurate in a way that doesn't make sense to everyone right away.

Rainbow Dash would be like an action movie or a comic book.

Applejack's would be sepia-toned and look like an old Western, complete with the standard musical themes and she rides off into the sunset.

and Spike would have seen what happened and keep trying to tell his story but gets interrupted by the others. He'd probably have a film noir style.

• Like 1

I dunno... i dont think i could make up a very good episode of MLP, i prefer a longer, more drawn out story. I dont like the 'slice of life' kinda stories, or at least i dont like writing about them...

See, i'd prefer to write the story to the MLP Video game, plenty of time to get lots of character development, introducing plenty of situations for the characters to deal with... The MLP movie would only be like an hour or two long, so that wouldn't be very good... and i dont think that devoting a whole season to one story arc would do well with the way they've been telling stories...

I'd kinda do it like this fanfic i've been writing, something similar anyway http://www.canterlot.com/topic/5115-war-over-the-sun/

But i suppose if i had to try and write one... hm... Oh! What if Twilight was taken to Canterlot to study for a long period of time, but she misses ponyville and sneaks away. when she gets there though she finds the town empty... no one around. she panics and explores everyone's home before heading back, only to find that all of ponyville came to canterlot for a surprise party for her, but it ended up being a search and rescue because she ran off...

eh, maybe not... there's no lesson involved so i dont know how that would be...

I like the ideas earlier in this thread about a Scootaloo/Rainbow Dash episode, to give them each a chance to show their more sensitive sides. I hope they do this in the future.

An episode focusing on Celestia and Luna, going about regular business in the castle or something, could be interesting. Luna learning how to act in the present day, perhaps? Sure, that was a little bit of what "Luna Eclipsed" was, but I'd still like to see more since it's an interesting concept.

And then there's an idea for a fanfic that I had a while ago: Rainbow Dash and Twilight switch bodies. Cliche plot, but it could be interesting. Maybe they have disagreements where they don't understand each other, and then Twilight accidentally switches places. Rainbow Dash has to learn to understand magic to switch back, and maybe Twilight has to learn how to fly because... the Wonderbolts are having tryouts, or something? I don't know.

I want an episode completely about the background ponies from beginning to end - and the Mane 6 are all in the background for this entire episode - The central character should be Derpy and the entire plot could be a day in the life of Derpy as she encounters everyone from Dr. Whooves to Octavia. A day of nothing but background ponies.

I want an episode completely about the background ponies from beginning to end - and the Mane 6 are all in the background for this entire episode - The central character should be Derpy and the entire plot could be a day in the life of Derpy as she encounters everyone from Dr. Whooves to Octavia. A day of nothing but background ponies.

I'd amend that by saying it is still about the mane 6, but from the background ponies perspective. "Scrubs" did an episode about the background characters, but they still interacted with the main characters. It was one of the funnier episodes, and it could be quite illuminating. We have a general idea of what TS thinks about FS, but what does the mayor think about FS?

Your dream episode would be nice, but you're forgetting one crucial fact

This show is mainly about "marketing" for the toys, so background ponies galore wouldn't work. I VERY much like the idea, but I hate that it couldn't be made.

Ssssh. There's a reason it's the dream episode xD

Ssssh. There's a reason it's the dream episode xD

My main intention was that it wouldn't be a ery good idea. I mean, it sounds okay, but it also sounds a bit boring. Because once you include the background ponies, they're ont "background" ponies any more, so they would each need their own story .Thus, eating up valuable episode slots that could be devoted to characters like the CMC, and the rest of the Apple family. Or Scootalo/Rainbow Dash or similar scenarios.

Maybe a small 10 minute episode on a DVD, but thats about it.

Or maybe i'm over analyzing.

I'd amend that by saying it is still about the mane 6, but from the background ponies perspective. "Scrubs" did an episode about the background characters, but they still interacted with the main characters. It was one of the funnier episodes, and it could be quite illuminating. We have a general idea of what TS thinks about FS, but what does the mayor think about FS?

zomg I love scrubs -

Dr. Cox: WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG - YOU'RE WRONNNNNNNNNGGGG YOU'RE WRONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

That sounds good Weesh - I think interacting would work just fine....

unless I'm wrong wrong wrong wrong......(sings) I'm wronnnnnggggggggggg :D

Your dream episode would be nice, but you're forgetting one crucial fact

This show is mainly about "marketing" for the toys, so background ponies galore wouldn't work. I VERY much like the idea, but I hate that it couldn't be made.

Hasbro doesn't realize how much money they would make if they manufactured Derpy Hooves, Octavia, and Lyr... er, "Heartstrings" brushables.

i would be interested to see the rise to power of princess celestia and luna. its something ive been curious of for ages,i keep hearing different theories one of which states that princess celestia and luna were once just a normal pair of alicorns,then somehow took control of the sun and moon thereby granting them immortality. they survived as the alicorns(tragically :( ) died out. i doubt its true but its what i heard.

Dream episodes:

An Applejack-centered episode. (We know about her, sorta, but she hasn't had much spotlight time.)

Scootaloo ep. (Same here)

Background pony ep. Perhaps as short snippits of life as they go about their day, with the six in the background, trying to take care of something. Or just being talked about through gossip. ... Though, I'd imagine Pinkie Pie wouldn't change very much, considering she's friends with EVERYPONY.

Princess ep. Life in the castle.

More heavy world building eps where it can't be pushed aside with 'oh, that's just a joke. Pay it no mind.' Something seems off about doing that, in my opinion. ...but I can understand if it's something that's pretty incongruous with the world shown before. (*CoughmaredowellCoughcough*)

LONGER eps. Sometimes, it's painfully obvious that things get a little rushed to make the episode length requirements.

hi hi

I would like to see a background ponies episode. Lots of series have done things like that, where they show the "other guys," for a day, and how their perspective is a little bit different. Hasbro would probably go for it because it would give them a chance to market new characters as toys. ( I mean, they already kinda do this with the CMC. )

But for my own dream episode. I would like to see an episode where the moral involves learning how to deal with people who exploit other peoples' generosity in a way that doesn't involve not being generous anymore. That, as much as just about anything else, would be a truly worthy lesson.

hi hi

I would like to see a background ponies episode. Lots of series have done things like that, where they show the "other guys," for a day, and how their perspective is a little bit different. Hasbro would probably go for it because it would give them a chance to market new characters as toys. ( I mean, they already kinda do this with the CMC. )

But for my own dream episode. I would like to see an episode where the moral involves learning how to deal with people who exploit other peoples' generosity in a way that doesn't involve not being generous anymore. That, as much as just about anything else, would be a truly worthy lesson.

professor-farnsworthsue1.png

Edit: Actually, reading the post more carefully, the joke doesn't really work as well as I thought. Oh well.