Fears and Phobias

Total-Tortilla

Oh, I forgot 2.

1. Cats( I don't mean like the big cats like Cougars, Jaguars, lions, etc.etc.etc. No, No, No, I mean the common house cat. Let's just say I am very allergic to cats and had some instances with cats either scratching me or biting me)

2. Water (I really don't enjoy swimming. Why, I'm just not good at it that's basically the diagnosis of why I am scared of swimming)

I actually have a chronic phobia of riding horses. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE horses, and I used to help out on a farm and pick horses feet, brush them, walk under their tummies....just....something happens when I get on one. I break down. I start crying uncontrollably, hyperventalating, and freeze up completely. Then I spook the horse. Then I get more spooked. Then I flounder off the horse, scare them even more, then end up crying even more. Then I feel crappy cuz I don't know WHY I'm so scared.

I'm cool with spiders, just not if they're on me. Though, boss fight spiders in video games creep me out. I'm also afraid of like...larvae. Like...worms....I had a terrifying nightmare once where worms were crawling out of my chest, and my skin was falling off and underneath it were these little cacoons that fluffy red worms were coming out of....it was truly horrific. I hate the idea of any sort of creature being under my skin.

Guest ElementOfLaughter

I actually have a chronic phobia of riding horses. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE horses, and I used to help out on a farm and pick horses feet, brush them, walk under their tummies....just....something happens when I get on one. I break down. I start crying uncontrollably, hyperventalating, and freeze up completely. Then I spook the horse. Then I get more spooked. Then I flounder off the horse, scare them even more, then end up crying even more. Then I feel crappy cuz I don't know WHY I'm so scared.

I'm cool with spiders, just not if they're on me. Though, boss fight spiders in video games creep me out. I'm also afraid of like...larvae. Like...worms....I had a terrifying nightmare once where worms were crawling out of my chest, and my skin was falling off and underneath it were these little cacoons that fluffy red worms were coming out of....it was truly horrific. I hate the idea of any sort of creature being under my skin.

You just made my skin all creepy crawly. That's a scary dream!

• Like 1

Oh god what am I scared of?

Spiders and wasps and those like that can hurt me, though I can deal with them ok like not break down and become paralyzed with fear ok, but I just dont like them.

Getting into taxis, that scares me, I just dont feel comfortable with the idea. No clue why.

Apparently I don't have any for real real fears...I have things that unnerve me but no fears, huh.

----

On another note I'm fine with needles and giving blood, I try to do it as much as they allow me to. Its not like I enjoy it but Im comfortable with it.

Talking to the opposite sex. There are other fears that I have but this is the main one and the first one that came to mind when I was reading this forum.

I find it really hard to do anything with the opposite sex :S and although I have nothing against them, I am not a homosexual.

I know that feel, man. If I'm ever talking to a girl for the first time, there's got to be someone with me or I have this inescapable fear of them just completely shutting me down and being laughed at by everyone in the immediate area. Thanks for that one, middle school ._.

Talking to the opposite sex. There are other fears that I have but this is the main one and the first one that came to mind when I was reading this forum.

I find it really hard to do anything with the opposite sex :S and although I have nothing against them, I am not a homosexual.

This one was a hard one for me too. Then I went on a wild 5 month ride with a bunch of random people. The stress was high and the mission important, so there was a strict "no dating 'til after the trip" rule to keep group cohesion high. It was amazing. For the first time in my life I opened up to guys AND girls. It turned out that I was afraid of friendliness appearing to be romantic. When it was strictly forbidden I could relax and just be myself. I got enough practice in those 5 months that I completely got over the awkwardness and fear.

ah, you guys all reminded me about my fear of talking to the same sex. this isn't so much a fear, but I've always had a harder time talking to girls than boys. even within my own group of close friends, I'm slightly more open with the guys.

I'm surprised nobody shares my fear of creatures under my skin. It's.....*shudder* AWFUL.

As far as....talking goes....I LOVE TO TALK. Anypony wanna come on webcam and talk? I'LL TALK TO YOUUUUU!!! I work for a company where I sit on the phone all day and...talk....talk...talk....talk....TALK. So...hey, Angie, if you're afraid with speaking with same sex, I am also female! >3< Dudes who have trouble talking to chicks, I AM A CHICK!!! Huzzah for working on people skills! >3<

• Like 1

nah, nah, that's only in real life. on the internet I'm the most chattiest McCahtterson ever XD I've also been getting much better as of late :3

I am quiet in real life as well. Often accounting for less than 30% of the talking in a 1-on-1 conversation. The percentage declines dramatically with the addition of a third person.

I am quiet in real life as well. Often accounting for less than 30% of the talking in a 1-on-1 conversation. The percentage declines dramatically with the addition of a third person.

and then it goes down to 5% after a fourth person is added. the only reason why I get such a high percent is because my one friend has amazing hearing >_>

I have a severe fear of bees.

If I see one, I usually do go into a full-blown panic attack. Shaking, crying, hyperventilating, all that. I just cannot handle it.

Even seeing pictures of them, even cartoon bees, I feel shaky and uneasy.

It's so bad that during summer months, I'll avoid going outside to avoid the bees.

I've actually had a bit of therapy about this, but the fear will not go away.

Guest EoLPinkie

I've become afraid of health problems recently, mostly heart attacks. I don't know why! My family has a history of minor health issues, but a few have had heart trouble. I even went to the emergency room late last year because my whole right arm was tingly and it was hard to breathe! They keep telling me I'm in great health with low blood pressure, and I probably have intense muscle spasms. Makes sense right? Still doesn't make me less scared when they come around :sad:

My greatest fear is of something happening to one of my daughters. It is ever present in my mind as a parent. Other than that I worry about whether we are getting season 3 of MLP or not after the scary meme on my little brony today. :-(

That latter fear you don't have to fear! There's been enough leaking from animators/composers/VA people that Season 3 is probably almost done now, with Season 4 on the way! :-o

My fears? Erm, spiders. My personal policy is that anything that naturally lives outside deserves to be left alone. Inside, however...IT. IS. ON.

Fears? Hrmmmm....I don't have many now, but zombies bother me a bit, and the Xenomorph has always been disturbing.

When I was younger, though, the demon bull thing in The Last Unicorn, the goblins in the Leonard Nimoy narrated Hobbit, and Roswell aliens scared me silly.

And, because I'm all about the dinosaurs, there were sections of woods I used to walk in that made me think Jurassic Park velociraptors were watching me through the smaller, closely packed trees. And the large limestone bed under my house is closer to the surface by the road at the edge of our land, so when a truck passes over it, it sounds like a Tyrannosaurus Rex footstep. That was creepy lying there in 3rd grade listening to that at night.

Oh yeah...and I will never ever watch a movie on any exorcism (You may not believe it is real, but, I'm Catholic, so yes, they exist.) or John Carpenter's "The Thing". The first because I've talked to certain clergy I know and trust, and the second because it's just too darn horrifying. The clips on youtube I saw once were enough to make me avoid being less than ten feet away from all living things for about two weeks.

I have a crippling fear of open water.

I can hop right into a pool, and I can wade about ten feet off shore into a lake/ocean, but after that I go into a full panic.

Oh, and Flying insects that can sting, or grounded insects/spiders. Any flying bug that can't sting I'm fine with, however. If a fly lands on me I'll usually let it crawl around a little while before flicking it off, but if an ant or other bug that doesn't have wings decides to get within visual range, I freak out.

That may or may not have anything to do with accidentally stepping on a fire ant nest barefoot five or six years ago.

Aside from that, I don't have any of the usual trademark fears. I can walk outside on a moonless night with coyotes howling and not feel the slightest inkling of fear.

I also used to be terrified of needles, but I got a shot recently that put all of those fears to rest.

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention my paranoia earlier. I can't stand the thought of being followed or watched. I'm not afraid of being attacked, and I doubt anyone would try to kidnap a 6'3 college student, but I still hate the thought of someone watching me.Unless i'm with friends or family, I don't go to the mall. Ever.

I guess i'm afraid of being stalked. Sounds weird, right? :/

Heights. Anything on the third floor or higher is not okay. If you took me to the roof of a sky-scraper and told me "You will be more safe here than anywhere else on the planet" and it was actually true, I would still not be okay with it. This also goes for planes and is situational for roller-coasters; if I've been on the ride before, then I can bring myself to get back on it. However, some I will just out-right refuse to get on. See: Top Thrill Dragster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Thrill_Dragster