Regarding the new skin on the website:

weesh

(in case you have already forgotten, a screenshot of the old version is attached)

Pros:

The old notifications button always looked like you had one

The menus are more aesthetic

Getting rid of the green is a good thing

Colors offer better contrasts

It looks more professional

Cons:

All the black is a little harsher

The Canterlot picture is fuzzy

It looks more professional

Overall it is a fine upgrade.

Oh, and a question of history: Has the picture of TS and Trixie always been there, or is that just a seasonal picture?

post-1625-0-38184100-1325699767_thumb.jp

ah, I've already changed mine back to the old style. I like the new style a lot, but it just feels more like a video game forum than a pony forum :P a forum about anything else, I would've left it as is

also Twilight and Trixie are just a seasonal picture

There is a "Change Theme" link at the bottom of the page. Scroll down. ??? Profit.

EDIT: bleh, ninja'd.

Edited by Diomedes

I don't know who redesigned the site, but I want to say to whoever redesigned the site that I really like the new design of the site, and will like to thank them for the new site design. I like the new design because it is a nice change of scenery on the site. I was getting a little bored of the old site design, and welcomed the new site design.

Oh, and a question of history: Has the picture of TS and Trixie always been there, or is that just a seasonal picture?

Seasonal, already working on the image for this month. I believe it looks fuzzy is because the dimensions are different for the banner portion now and my banner image was designed for the old dimensions.

I dont mind it, it looked really nice and neat, but i agree, the old one looks more whimsical and fits MLP a bit better.

Im glad they gave us the option to change, but both look nice.

Don't get too used to the option of the old one being available...

If it does stay, we're not going to be updating it. It was slow and buggy.

Other perks on the new theme:

Your profile customisations are back!

It's faster.

It's more compatible with browsers that aren't capable of displaying more advanced standards (like FailFox)

Don't get too used to the option of the old one being available...

If it does stay, we're not going to be updating it. It was slow and buggy.

Other perks on the new theme:

Your profile customisations are back!

It's faster.

It's more compatible with browsers that aren't capable of displaying more advanced standards (like FailFox)

Eh, again, both work fine for me, so i'm cool with that.

For those of you still grasping at the old theme, you are missing out on a color change, and a heading picture change. I like the new picture a lot, but I am also glad that it doesn't include compression artifacts anymore.

ehh...

The old style just looks friendlier, more complete as well. The new style... has a lot of purple, which is a lot harsher than the soft blue. Also, towards the end of thread pages, everything is white, or off white. This doesn't seem complete.

I have never had a problem with slow loading times on the forum. I have had times when everything is unavailable (modem overheat) but never this specific site.

I guess I will just have to use the new one...