New Episode Names (16 & 17)

Nopony's made a thread about it yet, so allow me! :)

We have the episode names of the next two episodes after 'The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000' (can't believe I managed to memorise that title...).

The first is called 'Read it and Weep'. It's going to be another Rainbow Dash episode, airing on the 4th of February, and it comes with the synopsis:

"Rainbow Dash secretly discovers the joys of reading when she's laid up in the hospital."

Now, while I was as put off by Mare-Do-Well as the next guy, and disliked having two Dash-centric episodes side by side as we did, I'm actually looking forward to this one - it sounds like they're going to do something different and interesting with her character, which she deserves, and I can't wait to see how the whole thing takes place. Considering the topic, perhaps Twilight could play a role in this episode too?

The second title is 'Hearts and Hooves', is going to air on the 11th of February, and comes with no synopsis, but we're (EqD) assuming that it's a Valentine's Day themed episode (or whatever the equivelant is going to be in Equestria). If that's the case, it's going to be another interesting episode, since the only mane character actually attracted to another character so far has been Spike toward Rarity, so unless it's going to be another Spike/Rarity episode (which I can't see happening for a while, since they've taken care of that with 'Secret of my Excess'), it's going to mean some other characters developing likings for some other other characters.

What are everypony's thoughts on all this?

My initial reaction to the two titles is this:

"Read It and Weep" - ok, this is a Rainbow Dash ep but seems to have a good theme and message for the 'target' audience of pre-teen girls.

"Hearts and Hooves" - HUH? How will they make this work? Will it be the 'love' of friendship or more of a romantic kind of love being promoted here? As previously mentioned (outside of the known married couples in the show) the only 'crush' on the show is Spike pining away for Rarity. Technically you COULD count Rarity desiring Prince Blueblood but that one's pretty much 'history.'

Could there be some possible 'coupling' of Mane 6 characters with the likes of stallions such as Big MacIntosh?

Could this Valentines themed ep center on the school with the CMC's searching for some colt to 'Be My Valentine?'

Need to have more information on this ep before rendering a balanced opinion though.

:D:D:D:D:D

The Read It and Weep episode has good potential for some Twilight/Dash shipping. The Hearts and Hooves episode -- I don't think it'll carry any theme of romance between characters, and if it does, it'll be more in the realm of passing-out-grade-school-valentine-cards-I-really-like-you.

Of course, pony fans are crazy and we'll read into whatever is presented and run with it. Oh yes, we will run.

The first is called 'Read it and Weep'. It's going to be another Rainbow Dash episode, airing on the 4th of February, and it comes with the synopsis:

"Rainbow Dash secretly discovers the joys of reading when she's laid up in the hospital."

Yes, I agree with twilight likely having a major role. My initial reaction (beyond: oh noes, Dashies broken her wings again!) was a hope for some angst on the part of Dashie. I hope that the story follows the general idea of Dashie liking reading, but not likening how "uncool" it is, ie it hurting her image. I hope that this episode is more focused on her personality, and less on the moral (dont shoot me).

The second title is 'Hearts and Hooves', is going to air on the 11th of February, and comes with no synopsis.

Well, its on Valentine's, much else is pure speculation. I doubt whether it will involve the CMC. I hope that it is not about a new stalion and the mane 6 fighting for his attention to realise that he is stupid, or something. I highly doubt that there would be any shipping between the mane 6.

what the hay do I know though?

Wow, that's a good premise for a Dash episode. I'm excited for that.

Not really sure what Hearts and Hooves will entail. I hope its somehow a Fluttershy episode though. Even if she's my least favorite, her fans do deserve an episode already.

I support the "Read it and weep" episode 100%! MORE DASHIE EPISODES! The idea of her being in a hosptial and reading, alone, is really against her personality, so maybe we're going to see some more character development?

I can't even begin to wonder what the "Hearts and Hooves" episode will be. Little girls aren't interested in love yet, so I wonder how they're going ot pull it off.

For those of you complaining about two Dashie episodes in a row, she's not the only one getting two episodes in a row. Applejack is, (Or more or less the Apple familly)

Mare-do-well wasn't bad, either. It showed the personality we knew she had, all along. And since then, she's acted different. So the episode itself may have been "bad" in some terms, but the moral of it was a very good one.

May the best pet Win though, was VERY enjoyable for me! I just KNEW the Tortouise would be involved! :D

Still excited for these!

Hmm... wonder why Dash is in the hospital?

Couldn't be a broken wing, could it?

That's where my money is. It doesn't have to be the horrible, life-changing thing that it's made out to be in fanfic. Imagine you had a show where one of the characters was an avid, even professional skier. You just know that character is going to show up with his leg in a cast at least once, and then be fine in the next episode. Rainbow gets into accidents because she pushes herself so hard in training, so any injuries she incurs in that fashion are badges of honour, really. I do hope that the accident stems from her determination rather than carelessness, though.

I think it'll be a very interesting turn for Rainbow, given the way she teased Twilight for her bookishness in "Fall Weather Friends". She does worry about her reputation, but of course it'll turn out that she was worried for nothing. The moral of the episode will probably be, "Don't be ashamed of the things you enjoy, whether you're a rough-and-tumble athlete who loves reading, or an adult human who loves children's cartoons".

I have a really good feeling about "Hearts and Hooves". I trust the writers to handle it well, and I get the impression that the issue of "How are we going to do an episode about romance without derailing the show's primary messages?" has been discussed among the writers for a while - it must have been on their minds from the start, really. I don't know how they're going to do it, but I think it'll be good. My best theory is that it'll be about dealing with the jealousy (not over the romantic interest, but about the time and attention said interest takes away from one's other friends) that arises when one of a circle of friends starts dating. It may end up being a Fluttershy episode - I can see her being the type to want to keep her dating a secret from the others. I doubt it will be anything that lasts beyond the episode, though, so probably no FlutterMac.

That's where my money is. It doesn't have to be the horrible, life-changing thing that it's made out to be in fanfic. Imagine you had a show where one of the characters was an avid, even professional skier. You just know that character is going to show up with his leg in a cast at least once, and then be fine in the next episode. Rainbow gets into accidents because she pushes herself so hard in training, so any injuries she incurs in that fashion are badges of honour, really. I do hope that the accident stems from her determination rather than carelessness, though.

Maybe she fractures a bone or something. Nothing serious but enough to land her in the hospital for a while.

UPDATE: As of 17/01/2012, we now have a very brief synopsis for 'Hearts and Hooves'!

It's now called 'Hearts and Hooves Day', and the synopsis is as follows:

'The Cutie Mark Crusaders make Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in Love.'

That pretty much tells us everything we've been wondering about the Valentines episode. I for one love the idea, since I've been wishing for more Big Macintosh (beyond "Eeyup!") since 'Applebuck Season', and I don't know how they're going to pull this off without giving him at least some new lines. If they do try to, I may cry.

I also love how much awkwardness there's going to be with this situation, surely. It's going to be great fun! :D

• Like 1

Concerning Hearts and Hooves, it appears to be about Big Macintosh and Cheerilee falling in love due to the crusaders.

I can hear the sounds of fans readying their battleships already. :-|

Yep,

UPDATE: As of 17/01/2012, we now have a very brief synopsis for 'Hearts and Hooves'!

It's now called 'Hearts and Hooves Day', and the synopsis is as follows:

'The Cutie Mark Crusaders make Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in Love.'

That pretty much tells us everything we've been wondering about the Valentines episode. I for one love the idea, since I've been wishing for more Big Macintosh (beyond "Eeyup!") since 'Applebuck Season', and I don't know how they're going to pull this off without giving him at least some new lines. If they do try to, I may cry.

I also love how much awkwardness there's going to be with this situation, surely. It's going to be great fun! :D

Just wrote that two posts up :lol: