New Episode Names (16 & 17)

Wait, Big Mac and Cheerilee? A couple?

Maybe Big Mac will give his Smartypants doll to Cheerilee as a gift!

This news will cause ripples in the fandom, so many bronies wanted to see Big Mac and Ftuttershy hook up.

This episode should prove to be VERY interesting.

:D:D:D:D:D

Big Mac and Fluttershy are an awful ship! One is shy, the other is quiet. Who's going to hit on whom? Somepony needs to take the initiaive, and neither of them seems willing.

Big Mac and Cheerilee, on the other hand, that's a pro ship right there. So much ♥♥♥.

I'm champing at the bit for this episode to happen.

Big Mac and Fluttershy are an awful ship! One is shy, the other is quiet. Who's going to hit on whom? Somepony needs to take the initiaive, and neither of them seems willing.

Big Mac and Cheerilee, on the other hand, that's a pro ship right there. So much ♥♥♥.

I'm champing at the bit for this episode to happen.

Gotta agree with Dessa about the pairing. Never been too much of a shipper, but now that I think about it, that's one popular couple that doesn't make an awful lot of sense. As soon as I read 'Cheerliee' and 'Big Macintosh', on the other hand, I thought 'Yeah, that works'. Then again, when I read that I was still jumping for joy that we're going to get an episode where Big Mac actually speaks again. Probably.

But with this and 'Read it and Weep' it looks like a really interesting couple of episodes coming up. If 'Super Speedy Cider Squeezy' is going to be as predictable as I think it is,however, I'm not looking forward to that one TOO much :sleep:

Not a fan of Fluttershy and Big Mac, or shipping characters who aren't obviously at least in like with each other. I'm interested to see how this goes for Big Mac, Cherilee is pretty opposite of him. OH MY GOSH WHAT IF BIG MAC SINGS?

You, my friend, just blew my mind.

I do not have high hopes, however :(

I'm very excited about this. Sure, it gets in the way of my usual Fluttermac and Cheerity ships, but that's what canon does! Besides, I wouldn't really want to see any of the mane cast dating anypony in the long term - it could easily throw off the core friendship dynamic, and create continuity problems.

So... Cheerimac? Big Cheer? Mac'n'Cheer?

Cutie Mark Crusader matchmakers, yay. I know I've read at least two fanfictions using that premise, one for Twimac and one for Appledash, and one of them actually worked! I'm going to predict that they use forged letters or "secret admirer" letters to kick things off. And then they get told off for meddling with other ponies' lives... but Cheerilee and Big Mac get together anyway. :)

More dialogue for Big Macintosh would be awesome. I really liked the sound of his voice in "Applebuck Season", and it gave him the whole "quiet wisdom" air that he hasn't really kept up since. I do like Cheerilee a lot, too. I'd like to see more of her interacting with Twilight Sparkle, actually - that was pretty cool in "The Show Stoppers".

• Like 1

The plan is set up by the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Come on.

Even though I think it's a cute idea, It'll go down in some big disaster.

"Sweet Cherilee Massacre" Oh god.

That's exactly what's going to happen :).

Come on, is there ANYTHING actually working when the CMC are involved? :blah:

That's exactly what's going to happen :).

Come on, is there ANYTHING actually working when the CMC are involved? :blah:

That was my initial thought... but the synopsis says '... Make Big Macintosh and Cheerliee fall in love'. Not 'Try to make', or 'Attempt to make', or any other synonym... So unless the Synopsis People are trolling us? :P

That was my initial thought... but the synopsis says '... Make Big Macintosh and Cheerliee fall in love'. Not 'Try to make', or 'Attempt to make', or any other synonym... So unless the Synopsis People are trolling us? :P

The first sypnosis of The "Last Roundup" was "AJ disappears and her friends go on a journey to find her". Vague.

The second one was "Applejack has a bad day when she accidentally causes mistakes that get her friends mad at her and be hard on her, but the next day, she goes missing. Her friends think that she ran away in sadness due to their anger with her. So they set out to find their cowpony friend and make amends before she gets hurt." A lot more detailed.

But then, the third one comes out and "After attending a rodeo competition being held in Canterlot, Applejack mysteriously disappears without a trace, so it is up to the friends to travel all over Equestria, searching high and low for their missing pony companion."

As you can see, the third one (probably) contradicts the second one a bit, while the first one is too vague to really be contradicted. So it's not 100% guaranteed that the CMC are really going to succeed at the "making fall in love" part. Newer sypnosis' will likely add info that suggests something slightly different.

The first sypnosis of The "Last Roundup" was "AJ disappears and her friends go on a journey to find her". Vague.

The second one was "Applejack has a bad day when she accidentally causes mistakes that get her friends mad at her and be hard on her, but the next day, she goes missing. Her friends think that she ran away in sadness due to their anger with her. So they set out to find their cowpony friend and make amends before she gets hurt." A lot more detailed.

But then, the third one comes out and "After attending a rodeo competition being held in Canterlot, Applejack mysteriously disappears without a trace, so it is up to the friends to travel all over Equestria, searching high and low for their missing pony companion."

As you can see, the third one (probably) contradicts the second one a bit, while the first one is too vague to really be contradicted. So it's not 100% guaranteed that the CMC are really going to succeed at the "making fall in love" part. Newer sypnosis' will likely add info that suggests something slightly different.

I guess so. That's weird, I never even heard of that second one. I prefer the sound of the third one anyway... But that's off topic XD

Even if it doesn't happen, and to be honest as they are minor characters it could very well happen, expect a metric butt ton (legit measurement, I swear!) of Mac-Cheerilee ship fics. I want it to happen though, I like the idea of a romantic storyline in the show and we all know it won't happen with the mane six, so...

Plus c'mon Big mac deserves something more than being the dude who goes "eeyup", I want character development, I want real Mac lines!

• Like 2

I was never a fan of FlutterMac. I've always preferred FlutterPie. :D

Anyway, these episode synopsis are getting me hyped, especially Read It and Weep (I actually let out a long dramatic 'WHAT' when reading that synopsis). I didn't really want another Rainbow Dash episode, but this one sounds promising. Maybe it could be a make up for the Mare Do-Well episode.

Three students helping their devoted teacher fall in love with a hard working farmer that posses a quiet sage-like wisdom?

I-I have an inexplicable desire to watch this. Actually, I have an urge to watch all the episodes, but this one is taking the highlight spot on my list.

Read It and Weep got a synopsis update, doesn't reveal much, but spoilering it anyway.

Rainbow Dash discovers the joys of reading when she lands in the Ponyville Hospital, but she must keep her new found hobby a secret from her pony friends because of her former pension for mocking it as an "egghead" pursuit.

Read It and Weep got a synopsis update, doesn't reveal much, but spoilering it anyway.

Rainbow Dash discovers the joys of reading when she lands in the Ponyville Hospital, but she must keep her new found hobby a secret from her pony friends because of her former pension for mocking it as an "egghead" pursuit.

This reminds me of a fanfic I read where Dash needed glasses.

We've got a Hearts and Hooves synopsis update.

The five-hour programming mareathon will consist of fan-favorite episodes of the popular animated series “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” as voted by the show’s devotees, culminating with the premiere of the all-new Valentine’s Day-themed episode, “Hearts and Hooves Day” where The Cutie Mark Crusaders try to play cupid, but soon come to regret their actions.

Sounds very similar like that Powerpuff girls episode where the professor gets together with the teacher for an episode.

• Like 2

Aaaand another synopsis update for Hearts and Hooves, this one which changes things quite a bit.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders create a strong love potion in the hopes of making Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in love, but when they discover the serious side effects of their concoction, they quickly regret their actions.

I guess Fluttermac fans can breathe a sigh of relief now :smug:

Aaaand another synopsis update for Hearts and Hooves, this one which changes things quite a bit.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders create a strong love potion in the hopes of making Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in love, but when they discover the serious side effects of their concoction, they quickly regret their actions.

Booo.. It be neat if we had one couple form on the show and as we all know it will never, ever be one (or more) of the mane six; this bums me out. I was hoping it would help build both those characters, especially Big Mac as he gets no development. Don't get me wrong, I like FlutterMac, but it will never happen in canon, this was the best anyone could hope for.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! this episode was practically MADE to piss off shipping fantards. How can Hasbro not deliver this perfect opportunity?

I'm sad now.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! this episode was practically MADE to piss off shipping fantards. How can Hasbro not deliver this perfect opportunity?

I'm sad now.

Piss us off? No way! Us shipping fantards are just happy to see anypony canon shipped!