My Little Dashie..?

SirShadowdeath

I have recently read a fanfic called My Little Dashie.

I'm sure many others have read this, and I know there's a large fanbase about it online.

Here's my personal opinion about it:

-While I can see how it was supposed to be sad, I did not find it sad or depressing. I did not have any form of "sadistic or depressing" reactions. I, in all honesty, did not like the fanfic. I'd give it a fair 3/5 stars. It was well written though, and I appreciate his writing style.

What are your opinions on the fic?

I haven't read a whole lot of fanfics in my time... hardly any, really. So I don't really know what a high quality fiction vs. a lower quality one looks like.

I DID read My Little Dashie though. I... admittedly cried manly tears of sadness >:

It... also took me a li'l while to look at Dashie on the show without a sad li'l frown. Kiiiiinda like Pinkie Pie in the-fanfic-which-must-not-be-named...

To be quite frank, a lot of the popular fanfics of this fandom aren't nearly as good (or as bad) as the fans make 'em sound. For example, I'm having trouble getting through "Past Sins" due to its long and drawn-out chapters, and the fact that the mary-sue main character isn't all that interesting doesn't help either.

I haven't read "My Little Dashie", primarily because I already have tons of fics to read already, but also because it sounds too much like a self-wish fantasy. Using one of the Crusaders instead of Dash might have not driven me to avoid it.

All that sad stuff is INCREDIBLY boring.

Why you would voluntarily be sad about something is beyond me.

I also never understood how these story's become THAT popular.

Its easy to make a sad story. Just provoke a constant thought of hopelessness. There, a winning formula. Repeat for success.

I finally decided to read this fanfic. and im gonna be honest with you guys.

I could not stop crying.

This story was just so touching and sad, I could not contain myself....

EDIT:

decided to read the 2 most popular fan sequels; a moment and the years after. I now have a puddle under me. Not neccessarily because of after years, but because of A Moment. Its just touching and heartbreaking and everything thrown into one emotional package...

> Oops dead thread

I read My Little Dashie, and I admit, I got choked up. I really did - it was truly groundbreaking how

RobCakeran described inputting a pony into your daily life - and even more so, raising that pony as a

daughter, like one of your own. I guess there aren't a lot of people who can see that.

Despite that all, I'd give it a good 4/5. The 1/5 is made out of a little inconsistency in the plot and

how the story ended, but honestly, I don't think this fic is overrated at all. It deserved a lot of, if not more,

praise than it is getting and or is going to recieve.

> Oops dead thread

I read My Little Dashie, and I admit, I got choked up. I really did - it was truly groundbreaking how

RobCakeran described inputting a pony into your daily life - and even more so, raising that pony as a

daughter, like one of your own. I guess there aren't a lot of people who can see that.

Despite that all, I'd give it a good 4/5. The 1/5 is made out of a little inconsistency in the plot and

how the story ended, but honestly, I don't think this fic is overrated at all. It deserved a lot of, if not more,

praise than it is getting and or is going to recieve.

I've found that as I continue to live my life these days, I find myself in a similiar position to the maine character (Without the pony of course, lol). I'm beginning to understand more and more why it is so popular. Still, I've read through it a second time and still haven't cried.

I really wanna read it, but I swear, I cry at everything. I want to know what it's about but I cannot stand seeing Dash and thinking of something sad, it would ruin the show for me. I recovered from Pinkie's evil fic, and Fluttermac, which i read and got severely sad, so I am just gonna read a synopsis so I see what the fuss is about but don't get attachted to the characters.

Read My Little Dashie a few days ago, seeing what all the fuss was about. I admit I don't read too many fanfics, but those I did were good (Past Sins, Transcendance, Growing Pains, The Logical Option)

It was a touching story showing how a seemingly impossible bond can happen. The sad part was at the end, and darn it that fan fic made me cry. It was the first fanfic that ever did. Yes the fic was a little choppy with editing done on it, but ultimately it was a good piece. I'd give it 4/5 stars.

I read it and immediately thought that to someone who doesn't have children or hasn't experienced many personal family tragedies this would be a very big deal to them emotionally. I do have children and my oldest is 19 and about to leave home so I can definitely relate to the story.

Unfortunately I wasn't really drawn in and I did find some of the story a little 'forced' - real life plays out a little differently but of course it's a story mixed with fantasy to begin with. As far as dealing with the thought of loss and separation I had to literally bury my mother in the morning at one funeral home and then drive 25 miles and bury my brother and his wife a few hours later. Of course when I say 'bury' i mean go to the funeral.

So the story to me was sweet - lovely in fact and I hope all the young bronies who read it and get a small taste of what real life will bring to them inevitably as kids get older and leave home or as loved ones pass away. I've actually corresponded w/ the author and he's a great guy. There's a really nice image of RD hugging someone that goes along w/ it.