Im terrified of this

Bronynumber299

So I have just been commenting all day so I geuss i'll post a topic.

This has been bothering me for awhile and I just want to set it to rest. Im asking the big question: is this brony thing just some kind of phase is it just gonna blow over and what will happen to us bronies that might be left. It scares me and I think at least some other bronies agree :eek: . But then again I could just be a big huge worry wart and its all good . But this is open for comment and please contribute to the conversation.

I'm not worried. If you move on, you move on. There's plenty other things in the world to keep you happy as you grow older. But just because an eventual fading of the brony sub-culture is possible, it doesn't mean we still can't go back to all the old fan art and fav vidoes and even fan fics that would still float around, or that we saved to our hard drives. It'd become nostalgic to look upon this a decade from now.

• Like 2

This is an issue that has been raised before, and it does pass over my mind at times too.

I guess I content myself with the idea that, as long as we need it (the show and the subculture) it'll be here, even if that sounds unrealistic.

Also, even if it does 'fade away', there will always be some bronies remaining - you can find people hanging steadfastly to fandoms for shows that died out long ago, still going strong, and considering how powerful the fandom of FiM is, it's going to leave a lasting impression, whatever way you look at it.

It's hard, but I guess I'm trying to say live in the present, and let tomorrow take care of itself :)

And for me personally, FiM has had such a big impact on my aspirations and in influence on my passion for cartooning that I don't think I'll ever forget it. I may not always be a super-fan, but it will always have a special place in my heart and mind from now on - I'm certain.

hi hi

The fandom will die down over time, sure, but the one thing that inspired the show is going to keep right on inspiring people: Friendship.

A lot of people realized that the things they wanted -to fit in, to get along, to work together- weren't so weird and stupid as the cynics would have them believe. I think that'll live on in other forms.

It makes me unsettled to see the community constantly bringing up "The end" to be honest...

I agree.

Why are you all so pessimistic? Brony forever. Cartoons never die. Think about it--sure Looney Tunes aren't 'hot' like they used to be....but who doesn't smile when they see an old episode of Bugs' 'What's up, doc?'

I know I do. Calm youselves, bronies. True love--even in a fandom--never dies.

The end is just another beginning, my friend. I'm not going to make a music analogy (even though I could) but those bronies who truly take the lessons this fandom has to offer into their heart and soul won't lose that any time soon. I for one have donated more to charity in the past year than I have in my entire life, and it's a great feeling. If it makes ya feel any better, there's no true end. Just a transition and maybe reformation. That's half the fun.

Edit: We need brony cards to be official? Harsh... anypony got any leads on a good "artist" that deals in these cards? Can't have Big Stallion findin' me out.

It almost looks like some ponies are just trying to get out of the fandom, listing silly reasons why they should turn in their brony cards and such to boot.

Guys if you wanna leave you can leave we wont hate you for it...

And even if you dont take anything out of it the show tells you to show loving and tolerance why would we hate someone for leaving?

If I might digress from Bronyness for a moment, I'll mention other fandoms for comparison.

When I was a youth, Gargoyles was a cool, short lived show with a major fandom in the teen and adult ages. The last major convention for Gargoyle fans was FIFTEEN YEARS after the show started and TWELVE YEARS after the last episode. The fandom will die back a bit as people find new things (a lot of Gargoyle fans simply began being fans of other shows as well... several I know are big fans of Avatar, many others just transitioned into being in the furry or fantasy fandoms in general) but I don't think anyone has to worry about bronidom vanishing in a year or two.

Also, MLP is a long term property of Hasbro. I assumed ponies were dead after they finished making any toys in the early ninties, but they came back three times after that. It might not be FiM, but if you're in for the long haul, there'll be ponies again someday even if this show ends.

I assume a lot of the people here are, well, too young to have lived through the lives of several show fandoms already. Just let it happen, enjoy the energy and excitement. When it dies away, it will be time. And never doubt there will remain a core of fans. And don't assume this is a short haul thing. Ten years from now, some of us will still be going to BronyCon or similar.

Yes, ultimately the popularity of MLP will wane. It's happened to everthing that was popular. One reason why it will wane is those who joined in because of it being the next popular thing will move one to the next new popular thing. Another reason would be simply losing interest (gasp!). But those who like MLP can always choose to continue liking it, no matter what happens to the fandom. And as long as you have people liking it, there will still be a fandom.

Yes, ultimately the popularity of MLP will wane. It's happened to everthing that was popular. One reason why it will wane is those who joined in because of it being the next popular thing will move one to the next new popular thing. Another reason would be simply losing interest (gasp!). But those who like MLP can always choose to continue liking it, no matter what happens to the fandom. And as long as you have people liking it, there will still be a fandom.

except seeing a few tired people gathering in the same place and reminiscing just feels sad tbh.

If MLP dies, I'll walk away with happy nostalgic memories, but you'll never catch me reminiscing about the good ole days, no sir-ree bob

I stumbled across a MLP G1-G3 community forum the other day. There were a few G4 enthusiasts around -- and it appeared to be widely accepted there -- but G4 was definitely not the focus. Those sort of places will continue to exist, even after G4 takes its final bow.

I can't see this happening for quite a while, though. There have been whispers that S3 is done and S4 has started.

Also, MLP is a long term property of Hasbro. I assumed ponies were dead after they finished making any toys in the early ninties, but they came back three times after that. It might not be FiM, but if you're in for the long haul, there'll be ponies again someday even if this show ends.

This is a very good point, but raises new concern in me.

So FiM is arguably the most successful generation of MLP. If Hasbro is going to keep ponies going after the "magic" of it all is gone... well i worry they're just gonna run it into the ground trying to squeeze every penny out of it, and ruining it for the people who are still fans.

UGH money-hungry corporate *******s.

This is a very good point, but raises new concern in me.

So FiM is arguably the most successful generation of MLP. If Hasbro is going to keep ponies going after the "magic" of it all is gone... well i worry they're just gonna run it into the ground trying to squeeze every penny out of it, and ruining it for the people who are still fans.

UGH money-hungry corporate *******s.

Those money-hungry corporate *******s also sign the paychecks of the people who work tirelessly to bring us new episodes. They also have kept their property on a long leash as far as fan-driven content is concerned. You'll notice they only brought out the copyright hammer on the whole episodes around the time of the iTunes season release. They allow the staff of the show to do interviews and create stuff for the brony crowd, they've acknowledged us instead of pretended we're weird and don't exist, like some huge companies might. They've allowed other outlets (WeLoveFine, HotTopic, and others) to do some test merchandizing on us to give us more than just toys to appreciate the series with.

They are a business created to make money. They will do whatever they can to meet that end, as the people who run the company have families to feed and bills to pay as well. It was them that asked Faust to revive the franchise. Without that "greed," we'd still be on some weird reinteration of G3, and the cartoon would be nothing more than the two generations before it. I wouldn't be so sharp to put down the company that has allowed FiM to be what it is today on a basis of making money.

• Like 1

Every good thing must come to an end. It will be a sad day when the show ends but it was a good ride. Sure the fandom will die down, but its going to live long for everyone to remember when grown men started watching and loving this little girl's show. But who knows? We'll just see when we get to that point. For now, just enjoy it at its peak. ;)

Those money-hungry corporate *******s also sign the paychecks of the people who work tirelessly to bring us new episodes. They also have kept their property on a long leash as far as fan-driven content is concerned. You'll notice they only brought out the copyright hammer on the whole episodes around the time of the iTunes season release. They allow the staff of the show to do interviews and create stuff for the brony crowd, they've acknowledged us instead of pretended we're weird and don't exist, like some huge companies might. They've allowed other outlets (WeLoveFine, HotTopic, and others) to do some test merchandizing on us to give us more than just toys to appreciate the series with.

They are a business created to make money. They will do whatever they can to meet that end, as the people who run the company have families to feed and bills to pay as well. It was them that asked Faust to revive the franchise. Without that "greed," we'd still be on some weird reinteration of G3, and the cartoon would be nothing more than the two generations before it. I wouldn't be so sharp to put down the company that has allowed FiM to be what it is today on a basis of making money.

:-o

i concede, and apologize

:-o

i concede, and apologize

You don't need to apologize, or even agree with me. I was just giving some insight into your statement, that's all. No hard feelings here, sugar cube! :smug:

I will say, Hasbro can be really silly. Or can it? There's also plenty of things the company does I don't personally agree with, but take what they do with a grain of salt, since it's their money that keeps the show in production.