Pinkie Pie's Parents

Tenkan

After watching the Cutie Mark Chronicles and realizing how Pinkie Pie seemed to have influenced her family through her...happiness-ness,

I'm wondering if we're ever going to see Pinkie Pie's family again. And if we do, would they act any different from when we last saw them in Pinkie's flashback?

Would they have continued to live in the farm, or would they have decided to change their ways and, dare I say it, turn to the Pinkie Pie side? :P

PinkiePiesparents.png

I think the sisters would be the most affected by PInkie. I imagine them as a pair of chatty twins who talk back and fourth almost constatnly and are damn near fused at the hip. Really excitable and eager to get in all the fun they missed out on when they were younger, but they still have their responsibility to the family. But Imagine if you will, two young fillies who talk with the rapid-fire ramblings of pinkie pie but only to each other.

well we're discussing fannon, aren't we?

...No.

I'm wondering if we're ever going to see Pinkie Pie's family again. And if we do, would they act any different from when we last saw them in Pinkie's flashback?

Would they have continued to live in the farm, or would they have decided to change their ways and, dare I say it, turn to the Pinkie Pie side? :P

...No.

We're being asked to speculate on the current wareabouts and occupation of the Pie family. It's not confirmed in the show and therefore not canon, so it must be fanon that we're discussing.

One thing we can assume is that rock farming actually is something that has to be done by someone, so I'd assume they still are rock farmers and just have some cake and a party now and then.

While this may be true, the sisters may not want to stay on the farm, and decided to follow their own careers. This it made all the more likely because in cutie mark chronicles, they're pictured without their cutie marks, so their tallents may have noting to do with rock farming.

We're being asked to speculate on the current wareabouts and occupation of the Pie family. It's not confirmed in the show and therefore not canon, so it must be fanon that we're discussing.

That wasn't the intent I got from the original post. :/ It sounded like they wanted to talk about how/where the characters could appear in show if they were to pop up again. It's speculating on events in a possible future episode. Pinkie's family is canon, but her sister being Octavia is not. Fanon ships all the characters, canon ships legitimate couples like Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

What I'm trying to say is, there's a BIG difference between fanon and canon. Speculation on future events in an episode is neither canon nor fanon. It is not fanon if it is not widely accepted by the fandom, but neither is it canon because it has not happened yet. But, there is a lot of fanon stuff out there totally unrelated to fanon, that is still widely accepted as 'truth' until proven otherwise. In order to specifically discuss one or the other, you need to be able to separate the two.

And now that it's cleared up, I'll concede the point.

That does not however change the fact that considering fanon is just good fun. Still, if we're to look only at evidence provided in canon, then it's very likely that what darvoth said is the case. As to how they might show up, we could see a Pinkie Pie ep, where she visits her family or vice versa.

Actually, it would be an amazing reveal if "Octavia" turned out to be Pinkie's sister. I mean, sure, it's pretty certain that the similarities between her and the sister is a coincidence, but after the whole Derpy thing, I wouldn't consider it to be impossible anymore.

• Like 1

I think it woudl be kinda fun if Octavia was indeed her sister... Contacts and hair dye would be a quick fix... But to also think of two pinkie-esque sisters talking back and forth in rapid succession slash at the same time would be hilarious... I'm imagining The girls looking back and forth between the two of them... and eventually Derpy just starts watching both of them at the same time.....

But in all likelyhood, they're just running the rock farm... Maybe they find that they no longer have any rocks to farm and need help... Applejack comes along and tell them they've got fertile land, and boom! apple farmers...