what do u want the most from hasbro?

TheUnknownGurl

moar hasbro merch?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the most from hasbro?

• Complete Series DVD/Blu-ray
    • Original Soundtrack
    • A MLP:FIM Video Game
    • All of'em! x3

Of the three I'd prefer the game, though preferably one with a real plot not a "little girls" game where rarity is clothes-shopping or something...

Though personally, I'm *reallyreallyreally* wanting a collector-grade statue of Dash performing a Sonic Rainboom

Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray, since not only would that be by itself awesome but I assume that there would be nice special features.

A good game would be my second choice. If we can't assure that it will be good, an OST.

Definitely series DVDs. Aside from maybe quality series accurate toys, there's nothing I want more.

Hasbro wouldn't make an official game just for us; it would only make sense for them to make a kids game, and while, isn't much fun I can get out of kids' games.

A soundtrack would be nice though.. I love the music in the series and would be happy to support it.

Definitely series DVDs. Aside from maybe quality series accurate toys, there's nothing I want more.

Hasbro wouldn't make an official game just for us; it would only make sense for them to make a kids game, and while, isn't much fun I can get out of kids' games.

A soundtrack would be nice though.. I love the music in the series and would be happy to support it.

I'm not so sure about that. There are high quality kids games out there, such as any of the main Mario series, and they make green. If they make a high quality game, then not only would Bronies and the target audience of little girls play it, but as reviews come in and people realize it isn't a cash grab...it wouldn't make Mario money, but it could still result in a win-win for everyone involved.:D

I'm not so sure about that. There are high quality kids games out there, such as any of the main Mario series, and they make green. If they make a high quality game, then not only would Bronies and the target audience of little girls play it, but as reviews come in and people realize it isn't a cash grab...it wouldn't make Mario money, but it could still result in a win-win for everyone involved. :D

I don't really consider Mario games kids games exactly. That's more a series for general audiences in my mind. They hold up just as good games no matter how old you are.

Kids' games in my head more are stuff just for kids. Educational. Simple. Easy. Stuff no one over the intended age group would ever want to play.

I honestly can't see Hasbro making the former when the latter is so much cheaper to throw together and would be just as likely to get the money of the core demographic of little girls.

An HD box set of all of Season 1, complete with extras, behind the scenes stuff or a "making of", clips or scenes that were cut, maybe a video from the producers to everyone who enjoys FiM. Sneak peeks at season 3 would also be a great selling point. Throw in some coupons for Hasbro's new line of canon-specific high-quality FiM toys.

I'll pay any price, Hasbro! I know you are watching!

An HD box set of all of Season 1, complete with extras, behind the scenes stuff or a "making of", clips or scenes that were cut, maybe a video from the producers to everyone who enjoys FiM. Sneak peeks at season 3 would also be a great selling point. Throw in some coupons for Hasbro's new line of canon-specific high-quality FiM toys.

*throws money at the screen* It's not working! It's not working! (lol)

• Like 1

A DVD box set. The songs I can listen to on YouTube. For DVDs, even though you can watch on YouTube (and download from some places >_> ), they aren't going to look as good on a TV. You can't get higher quality than an official DVD. With the game, as others have said, it will be for younger girls. If I recall, Hasbro has made 3-4 pony games... and they are all for kids. They haven't changed the toys for us, they aren't going to change a video game. (Plus, it'll probably be for PC or the latest Gameboy.)

Hasbro is going to go for the cheaper or more profitable alternative. So, they keep using the same molds rather than make new ones that are more show accurate. While they may lose money from some grumbling Bronies, the target audience doesn't care, and the minority of Bronies who don't buy toys doesn't really matter. Hasbro has given us WeLoveFine, and shout-outs in the show (at no extra cost to themselves!).

A DVD set is already probably the most likely, as Hasbro has already released the episodes on DVD (though not in a set). A soundtrack seems unlikely, as I can't recall a lot of kids shows that have gotten them (although PPG had 3 CDs total, a lot of the songs were inspired or related to the show rather than actually being in them). But, Barney has CDs, right? So, possible, but G3 didn't have a CD and there were songs in that series.

Video game... actually, HIGHLY likely. All past generations have had a game... Well, My Little Pony and My Little Pony Tales had 1 game between them, but computers were less popular and the series' were meant to sell toys, not PC games. G3 had a couple of games, but I'm not sure if G3.5 had one since it's release was pretty close to G3. Alright, so not all series... but for each general time period of shows (and version of the show), there has been one. Like, MLP and MLPT were 80's, G3 and G3.5 were 2000's, and FiM is 2010 and beyond. However, the last G3 video came out in 2009. That's close to FiM, but FiM is a totally different series. Still, they've been recycling molds from G3, so they may use the same video game base character(s) for a game they claim is G4. We'll have to wait on Hasbro.

I'm not so sure about that. There are high quality kids games out there, such as any of the main Mario series, and they make green. If they make a high quality game, then not only would Bronies and the target audience of little girls play it, but as reviews come in and people realize it isn't a cash grab...it wouldn't make Mario money, but it could still result in a win-win for everyone involved.:D

But Mario is MEANT to be a video game. It was created to serve the purpose of being a video game. You know what happened when they tried to make a TV show? Now reverse that with My Little Pony.

It's meant to be a TV show, as it always was. Making video games from TV shows and movies generally does not turn out as great. The same thing apples to making TV shows from video games. It doesn't really work because that wasn't the original intent.

When you make a video game... you're making a video game. That's what the finished product is going to be. From the beginning of planning, you know that that is going to be a video game. Same with movies. But when you take something already complete and try to expand it to a different type... It's kind of like trying to build a spaceship with a lego set that was originally meant to make a house. Sure, you can probably do it... but it's not going to look as good as the playset that is meant to make a rocket ship.

A soundtrack seems unlikely, as I can't recall a lot of kids shows that have gotten them (although PPG had 3 CDs total, a lot of the songs were inspired or related to the show rather than actually being in them). But, Barney has CDs, right? So, possible, but G3 didn't have a CD and there were songs in that series.

Actually I can see a soundtrack with all the vocal songs on it, but not the instrumentals. A lot of kids like to sing along to their favorite series' songs, so it would make sense. As for the background tracks, those we wont get unless they're put up as an extra specifically "for the bronies"

But Mario is MEANT to be a video game. It was created to serve the purpose of being a video game. You know what happened when they tried to make a TV show? Now reverse that with My Little Pony.

It's meant to be a TV show, as it always was. Making video games from TV shows and movies generally does not turn out as great. The same thing apples to making TV shows from video games. It doesn't really work because that wasn't the original intent.

*Thinks of the Marios Brothers Cartoon* Sounds great! (lol yes, I was one of probably a dozen people that did really like the cartoon series, for the record I also loved the Zelda Animated Series "well excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!"

I think it could be done, there is a fan-made JRPG style game being developed right now that keeps posting videos on ED that looks good, which means there is certainly the potential, but I dont think it's likely we'll get anything that not intended for the "under 12" audience and is just a mishmash of essentially flash games...

I think it could be done, there is a fan-made JRPG style game being developed right now that keeps posting videos on ED that looks good, which means there is certainly the potential, but I dont think it's likely we'll get anything that not intended for the "under 12" audience and is just a mishmash of essentially flash games...

I won't deny that it could be done... but not by Hasbro.

I won't deny that it could be done... but not by Hasbro.

I say they should just license it to Square-Enix and see what we get ;) (For some bizarre reason I can now picture Twilight/Dash/AJ as a playable character in a Kingdom Hearts game... >.<)

When you make a video game... you're making a video game. That's what the finished product is going to be. From the beginning of planning, you know that that is going to be a video game. Same with movies. But when you take something already complete and try to expand it to a different type... It's kind of like trying to build a spaceship with a lego set that was originally meant to make a house. Sure, you can probably do it... but it's not going to look as good as the playset that is meant to make a rocket ship.

true but sometimes, when a make a good video game adaption that pleases both the targeted audience and the untargeted it wouldn't turn out to be so ba would it? like the naruto games they've releasing lately, both the fans and the ppl who are completely new it enoyed that game, now if hasbro could do that, it would be the best thing ever o.o

and i would consider adapting some fan projects like equestria online :P

true but sometimes, when a make a good video game adaption that pleases both the targeted audience and the untargeted it wouldn't turn out to be so ba would it? like the naruto games they've releasing lately, both the fans and the ppl who are completely new it enoyed that game, now if hasbro could do that, it would be the best thing ever o.o

and i would consider adapting some fan projects like equestria online :P

Mmmm... but Naruto is targeted towards teens and adults... not girls 6-14. Naruto games involve fighting and skill, they aren't for kids... but like you said, they do a good job of catering to their demographic.

I want Hasbro to overall up their standards with their toy line. As in, make Princess Celestia the color she's supposed to be, discontinue the baby ponies they currently have, produce the cake babies that were shown in the show, and overall improve their toyline in quality and accuracy to the show. Until then, I'm not going to ask much from them. I have very little faith in how much they care about their new demographic. The most I ask for now is a box set, but right now they've been releasing five episodes at a time, which seems like a money grabber to me.

When I look for quality merchandise, I see what the fanbase has to offer, regardless how expensive they might be.

They turn out poorly because they are usually made on the cheap in an attempt to grab a relatively small audience. They are ancillary. This topic asks us what we would like to see most from Hasbro, not what is most likely.

Do I believe Hasbro will invest the resources into making a great game that appeals to the target as well as Bronies? No. But, do I believe that is because it is impossible or even entirely too difficult? Hay no!

It comes down to what one deems a 'kids game'. I watch my niece and nephew, who are both six years old, quite often. I deal with their friends and cousins, so I have everyone from a little boy at the age of four to a teenage girl running through my house and bringing games. They aren't playing Sesame Street Counting Game or Dora's Alphabet Adventure. They bring over Plants vs Zombies, Mario, and play my downloaded Earthworm Jim and your average day to day platformer. Some of them aren't so good, others are actually pretty freakin' good. The key is that they all pretty much play the same games- not girl games, not boy games, but just games. The kids who actually love games like to play good games and good games for a kid are basically genderless. You don't lose girls by making a game not aimed very specifically at them.

These games require time and effort, more so than a quick shot across the bow at a small audience. They require talent. They require resources. They require patience and a faifthful studio. That is what may prevent Hasbro from making such a title; they may lack the resources in a video game studio to do so.

For the sake of this topic, I have to assume when i vote game that the following things are true:

1- Hasbro will devote the resources to make a great game.

2- The creative direction is top-notch, just like how the creative direction for the show is top-notch.

3- The right people will get to work on it.

DVD wise:

It would be great to have all 26 episodes in brilliant HD, with extensive bonus features such as making of features, audio bloopers, cut scenes, interviews, and commentaries. It would also be cool if it came with coupons for...

Better Toys:

Toys that look more like the characters from the show. I'd buy a lot more then!

This is all unlikely. We all know that. But it is not as if making a good MLP game is somehow impossible or insanely difficult. Licensed games suck because resources are sparse or unwisely spent, they lack creative direction, and the right people don't work on it.

They turn out poorly because they are usually made on the cheap in an attempt to grab a relatively small audience. They are ancillary. This topic asks us what we would like to see most from Hasbro, not what is most likely.

But what the video game is going to be about could sway my decision in favor of a video game... If I already know it's going to suck, or if there's no way one would happen at all, there's nothing to really hope for. I don't want a video game for little girls, I want a DVD. But say you pit the Man6 game against a DVD set, rather than the anticipated kids game? That changes the balance from bad VS good to good VS good, making the decision a little harder.

You don't lose girls by making a game not aimed very specifically at them.

I disagree. I would say that more guys play FPS shooter games like Halo than girls do. Because it IS a game aimed at guys rather than aimed for gender neutral. Girls are more likely to watch a romance movie than guys, because that's aimed at them. I would say Mario is totally a gender neutral game, as are a TON of others. If a game is geared towards a certain gender, it's going to sell to that gender. If it's not very specific about being strictly for guys or girls, it's going to draw in both sexes. However, it's going to draw from the middle demographic, neither for guys nor girls. So... it's basically like this:

venn%252Bdiagram.gif

Boys on one side, girls on the other, and they meet in the middle. All sections are about the same size, so whoever the company is targeting to, they're going to bring in roughly the same amount of profit.

Those are basically the three types of games, although they can sway more to one side or the other. When you get into one of the outer circles, the game is probably a bit sexist, so won't appeal to the opposite gender because it's not meant to.

So, like I said... I'm basing my decision on the fact that a DVD set is going to be the episodes, plain and simple. I've seen them and know that I like them. I've also heard the songs and like them. I have seen the past video games, and like the first one... when I was younger. The only knowledge of what a video game could be like is from the sucky pink ones they've made in the past.