Dude who doesn't?

Not sure of my favorite though... I like Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and Princess Mononoke... Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away are good too... I've seen Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, and The Cat Returns, but I don't think any of those are my favorite. Blah, I've only seen most of these once. Spirited Away and The Cat Returns twice. (But it was because I watched Spirited Away (I think) when it first came out and again when I was older, and The Cat Returns because I watched it myself and then with a friend like the next day.)

I like many of his movies, but I think Spirited Away stands head and sholders above the rest.

This "up on poppy hill" movie got completely past me though. I had not even heard of it until today. Hayao did not direct it, though he did write the screenplay. The Director is Goro Miyazaki? Is that his son?

I like many of his movies, but I think Spirited Away stands head and sholders above the rest.

This "up on poppy hill" movie got completely past me though. I had not even heard of it until today. Hayao did not direct it, though he did write the screenplay. The Director is Goro Miyazaki? Is that his son?

I must of read Wiki wrong

I have no idea who Goro Miyazaki was for some reason I thought it was his dad, but then I doubt that so son is possible.

hmmmm...

Hayao Miyazaki...

Mononoke

Howl's moving castle

Nausicaä

Spirited away

Kiki

Laputa

Porco Rosso

Totoro

(A long way away) Ponyo. Hiss. Me-no-likey.

Also!

Weesh! you think that spirited away is best Miyazaki?GAAHHH!

Love and tolerate. That been said, I think that you are completely wrong, It is a fantastic movie but Mononoke Is (in my view) simply such a better film. The whole idea behind Mononoke is that war is useless, horrid and meaningless. No one wins, only survives. Spirited away is about 'discovering yourself' and being brave. While I do agree that there are some sense in Spirited away that are brilliant, unless somepony has an overwhelming argument or points out something that I missed, I will likely prefer Mononoke.

Also!

Weesh! you think that spirited away is best Miyazaki?GAAHHH!

Love and tolerate. That been said, I think that you are completely wrong...

Yeah we have already been through this on another thread.

Mononoke drove me crazy. I wanted so very much to like it, and I tried twice, but it was futile. How can you enjoy such a hopeless movie?

And here I thought, I've seen them all xD

A year or so back I watched all Studio Ghibli animes I could find.

Mononoke

Howl's moving castle

Nausicaä

Spirited away

Kiki

Laputa

Porco Rosso

Totoro

(A long way away) Ponyo. Hiss. Me-no-likey.

You forgot Arriety ;)

That Gorō Miyazaki guy is in fact his Son, and also was responsible for "Tales of Earthsea" which was quite good as well.

In fact I haven't seen a single Anime produced by Studio Ghibli which wasn't good.

If you like his work you should also check out Whispers of the heart and The Cat returns ^^

I thought Tales from Earthsea was only OK. I am a huge fan of the Earthsea books though, so I am a bit biased.

Re: Studio Ghibli, some of the stuff directed by Takahata is hit or miss with me. My Neighbor's The Yamadas being my least favorite Ghibli film. Grave of the Fireflies being my favorite by him, but Pom Poko is the one I watch the most because Grave of the Fireflies makes me cry too much. "I have noooo faaaccceeeee" is said a lot in a dramatic voice in our house.

Miyazaki's though, always hits. I own every one of his Ghibli movies available on DVD, + The Castle Of Cagliostro. They're my go-to for when I am working on creative projects and need background noise. So basically, I've "watched" them all at least 50 times (and where applicable, have also read the books they were based on for comparison's sake), and started anxiously awaiting them in, and have seen them in, theaters since Mononoke came out.

Favorite single character design is Totoro. (I have a few Totoros floating in my living room; hand-painted wooden ones, and the Sekiguchi flocked ones), probably because it was the first movie of his I saw, well, intentionally. I saw part of some butchered-ass version of Nausicca when I was REALLY little, but it didn't make any sense and had annoying voice acting.

Favorite movie, though, is Howl's Moving Castle. I've definitely seen it the most. While most people say Mononoke, I tend to sway more towards humor than drama. Totoro is second because something about it appeals to me greatly. Nausicca is 3rd and is put on in the background most often when I am cleaning for some weird reason.

This makes me sound like a little weeaboo fangirl, but really, this is the only Japanese-produced animation that I *really* love enough to own it in any quantity. He's up there with Jim Henson and Tove Jansson for favorite characters created.

Yes ! All of his films make me happy. I don't really have a favorite, though. Perhaps Kiki.

And from up on Poppy Hill is a cute movie. The son isn't as good as the dad, but it's not bad.

Without the money schemes and what not...

And the Disney Land... well, if we're talking about 'Walt Disney' and not just 'Disney'... That may be true. Y'know, Walt used to let kids into the them park for free so... I mean, HE was a cool guy. It's the company now that's got the "money schemes and what not..."

I have taken a lecture on his "dramaturgy theory" in the vocational school.

I believe, he is the No.1 film director whom Japan is proud of :D

And for good reason! For many Americans (especially older ones), his films are the only anime they watch. Even his worst movies are good.

My favorites:

Princess Mononoke

Kiki's Delivery Service

Lupin III

I'm the only person I know to consider Lupin III a favorite.

And the Disney Land... well, if we're talking about 'Walt Disney' and not just 'Disney'... That may be true. Y'know, Walt used to let kids into the them park for free so... I mean, HE was a cool guy. It's the company now that's got the "money schemes and what not..."

I didn't quite write that correctly.

Walt Disney is known for being prejudice to an extent, as well as hiding subliminal messages in his shows....(No Joke. Look it up!)